Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 29, 2011, 07:02 PM   #721
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
She's definitely banging the audio guy. Just look at her expression with each person, for some reason there is a glow in her eyes when she's talking to the audio guy and she's like SUPER interested like in an amazed sort of way. He's literally just talking about audio lol.

We need more people like her in GAMING.
Yeah I was impressed too about how she payed attention to the audio guy. She was mesmerized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 08:40 PM   #722
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianLyle View Post
The audio guy is ULTRA-Ghey.
Yeah maybe she is turned on by people like him, nevertheless, when I saw it I laughed out loud. She just had that mesmerized horny look women give you when they're super attracted to you and then try to cover it up by smiling or doing something else.

It was the most hilarious moment in the video. And they were talking about audio LMAO any subject but audio.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 12:35 AM   #723
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Game gonna be epic failure.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 30, 2011, 12:46 AM   #724
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Trolling?
Old May 30, 2011, 12:51 AM   #725
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

What are the suggested system specs for this game? I'm curious if I should look at upgrading before it goes live.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 01:03 AM   #726
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Trolling?
No, just realistic expectation given the direction they are going with this one.
Old May 30, 2011, 01:42 AM   #727
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yer 64 player maps, destructable enviroments, leet graphics and proven Battlefield MP gameplay are going to suck ass. MW3 ftw.
Old May 30, 2011, 01:44 AM   #728
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
What are the suggested system specs for this game? I'm curious if I should look at upgrading before it goes live.
i am guessing similar to BFBC2, maybe SLIGHTLY more demanding. still no release date...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 02:23 AM   #729
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Even if they release a game incredibly similar to Bad Company 2 with Frostbite 2 engine, I'd still get it simply because Bad Company 2 is so fun.

They have absolutely no area for failure here. What can they do poorly I wonder.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:33 AM   #730
KAC
That postcount though...

Netcode; take out 64 player last minute; poor performance of engine; only 2 maps for 64 player games... so much can go wrong.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:51 AM   #731
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Netcode; take out 64 player last minute; poor performance of engine; only 2 maps for 64 player games... so much can go wrong.
The map sizes are what concern me. Not only that, but the actual playable area in the map. All the maps in BC2 was so horribly linear, basically because they were made for that "Rush" gamemode. They mention that "Rush" will be in BF3, that makes me worried.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:56 AM   #732
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I wonder what kind of specs its going to take to max this game out and get playable frames. Im sure I got the CPU but the GPU is a different story.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 03:01 AM   #733
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
EA's not going to let their MW3 killer be this ****ed up. Plus netcode for Bad Company 2 wasn't that bad at all.
Old May 30, 2011, 03:05 AM   #734
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
EA's not going to let their MW3 killer be this ****ed up. Plus netcode for Bad Company 2 wasn't that bad at all.
You kidding right? At launch netcode for BC2 was horrendous compared to Activision games you guys love to despise.
Old May 30, 2011, 03:08 AM   #735
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Plus netcode for Bad Company 2 wasn't that bad at all.
Uh.....no?

BC2 has horrible netcode...

Hopefully it's MUCH better in BF3
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 03:13 AM   #736
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
man STFU about the chick already...Anyone miss how awesome the actual GAME looks?
Um... game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
The map sizes are what concern me. Not only that, but the actual playable area in the map. All the maps in BC2 was so horribly linear, basically because they were made for that "Rush" gamemode. They mention that "Rush" will be in BF3, that makes me worried.
Map size is a concern always, but i am more concerned about the total number of mp maps as well. BC2 has a small number of maps and it sucks, i still enjoy the game on those maps, but it is still too few. Probably one of the biggest reasons CS is still popular is the almost unlimited number of maps available to play on.

Quote:
Yeah, it is pretty crap in bc2, not the worst, and entirely playable, but the net code in bc2 is not very goode.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 04:09 AM   #737
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Well DICE did introduce and implement the whole map sizes changing based on player count pretty well in BF2. Adapting that to having the maps boundaries/objectives change based on game mode like rush as well shouldn't be a stretch.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 10:57 AM   #738
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
Uh.....no?

BC2 has horrible netcode...

Hopefully it's MUCH better in BF3
I think its because there are no fast game servers hosted by the game's publishers or makers. Novalogic has always hosted its games on its own servers and its made it possible for large number of players to play on fast servers.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 01:49 PM   #739
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
i love rush. SDM is tolerable, but only just.
Old May 30, 2011, 02:07 PM   #740
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

squad death match is awesome, four way team deathmatch rules
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 02:17 PM   #741
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
squad death match is awesome, four way team deathmatch rules
no.
Old May 30, 2011, 04:09 PM   #742
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i love rush. SDM is tolerable, but only just.
I dont own BC2, but I played the beta and hated it. The whole design of RUSH map was horrid. Narrow, linear maps with choke points all over the place, no hope of flanking enemies. One of the things I love about BF2 was that the maps were all free roam. This wasn't the case in BC2.

If the maps are like BF2 then I wont be complaining.
Old May 30, 2011, 04:40 PM   #743
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
I dont own BC2, but I played the beta and hated it. The whole design of RUSH map was horrid. Narrow, linear maps with choke points all over the place, no hope of flanking enemies. One of the things I love about BF2 was that the maps were all free roam. This wasn't the case in BC2.

If the maps are like BF2 then I wont be complaining.
The map on Beta is pretty much THE most linear map in BC2, period. You should play or watch clips of some other maps that have more options.
Old May 30, 2011, 09:12 PM   #744
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
The sad thing is, it's very possible to create non-linear "Rush" scenarios in which the defenders can attack from all around the objective crates. There are only a few sections in a few maps in which the BC2 developers even bothered to do this. Terrible Rush maps like Port Valdez in which the attackers are funneled into the crates via one or two paths are great examples of incompetent and lazy map design. Man I hate those maps!
Old May 30, 2011, 09:23 PM   #745
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

They said that Karkand,Sharqi and Wake are going to be back...so we know a tleast 3 maps are not going to suck.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 09:25 PM   #746
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Having to many ways to get to the objective can make things to easy. If the game boundaries are to open, positions start to become to indefensible and that can kinda kill the point of the rush game-type.

Imho maps with lots of flaking opportunities lend them selves better to the capture & hold style game modes imho.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Old May 30, 2011, 09:32 PM   #747
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
I was in the PC & PS3 beta for Bad Company 2 and PC had serious performance issues.
I pre-ordered the PS3 version just because I didn't like the issues with the PC version. After playing the game for more than 30 hours, I sold the PS3 version and got the PC version but because of the beta I am still afraid to try the online multiplayer on the PC.

However with Call of duty games I just never had performance issues with online multiplayer... my issues were gameplay related.

so basically oh yeah, Dice & EA can let their MW3 killer get ****ed up... because they both know it will sell well regardless.... take Medal of honor as an example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC

Last edited by nomore : May 30, 2011 at 09:37 PM.
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 09:40 PM   #748
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

BF:BC2's MP is extremely playable on PC. I doubt the network code is significantly different between PS3,360 and PC anyway.

System:
Old May 30, 2011, 10:18 PM   #749
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Having to many ways to get to the objective can make things to easy.
I'll tell you what's too easy is being a defender on maps in which the attackers can only come from one way! Find a nice camping spot and you're guaranteed to get at least a few kills before you're spotted and taken down or move to another camping position. If the maps were at least a little more wide open, the defenders would actually have to split up and defend different sections. There are a few maps that do this in BC2, but I think Valdez is an excellent example of the Rush mode at its worst. And White Pass is even more of a joke! One of my favorite Rush maps, though, is Laguna Presa. Some of the points funnel you in, but the first section in which you can land anywhere on the island by boat and approach the crates in any way you'd wish - head-on, flanking through the forest, moving from house-to-house - is just flat out awesome. If you're the defenders, you really have to split up because A and B are not super close and watch all angles. Man, I love that map. I have faith that in BF3, with more players we'll have larger maps that allow for more strategies and result in fewer extreme chokepoints with only one way to approach the objectives.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:23 PM   #750
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

exactly. the important thing is to have balance. some maps are easy to defend, some are easier to attack.