Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 18, 2019, 07:26 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default US DoJ Lifts Theater Antitrust Protections

From Variety . . .

If the relevant court approves this, studios will be able to own theaters, for the first time since 1948. Suspiciously,
In his speech, Delrahim argued that the antitrust division should not stand in the way of “consumer-enhancing innovation,” even noting MoviePass*, the failed subscription service.

“We cannot pretend that the business of film distribution and exhibition remains the same as it was 80 years ago,” he said.
Arguably, we need these protections now more than ever. Disney seems to be licking its chops to do "block booking."

Last edited by JZL : Nov 18, 2019 at 07:49 PM.
JZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:41 AM   #2
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It is interesting at a time Disney is said to be looking to kill the theater as well. Because Disney is the big bad baby and so very scary!! Where is my Tinkerbell dolly I need a hug!

On the serious side I can see the smaller movies having to run to Netflix, Prime and the like to get any screen time as a result of this if the big studios do indeed gobble up all the screen time as the bullies they are predicted to be.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 09:43 PM   #3
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I can't really see how this is good in any way for the consumer. At the bear minimum it's going to be the same as it is now. At worst, you will only be able to see certain movies in certain theaters.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:09 PM   #4
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm afraid small-town theaters will get sh1thammered by this.

"You want Star Wars 12? You'll have to take CHUD 2, Sex in the City 3, and Scream 29." One screening room will be full and five will be crickets chirping.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:20 AM   #5
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'm ok with Bud the Chud.
Throw in the first one for a double bill and I'm there.