Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Apr 9, 2021, 01:55 PM   #811
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Obviously this is the place that is gouging like a MoFo isn't it?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2021, 03:14 PM   #812
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Look at the EVGA forums, not the case.
Quote:
CURRENT RESULTS EVENING of 2/28/2021

213 Failed cards (includes 37 RMA failures but not multiple RMA Failures)
66% of bad cards reported are 3090 (not including any RMA Failures)
66% with data for origin came from Taiwan
87% of the 130 cards with data for power delivery, claimed to have used dedicated cables.
52% of cards with data for RMA, but not including multiple RMA, also failed.
https://forums.evga.com/3080-3090-Ca...-m3192303.aspx
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2021, 03:46 PM   #813
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

213 cards is a very small number bill..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 18, 2021, 08:18 PM   #814
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

After hanging out in a Discord buying server for weeks, I finally got a shot at an AMD Reference 6800 XT Midnight Black. As soon as the notify went out I was all over it, and actually completed the buy!

I think part of the reason I succeeded is they added a ReCaptcha and for me it didn't require me to actually fill it in either time during checkout, just clicked it and it completed (I've noticed with ReCaptchas that if you've completed it recently on another site, it doesn't seem to require it again for certain amount of time). I guess this makes up for the 6800 XT I passed up a few months ago that I had in cart but didn't check out because I wanted to wait for an AIB (at the time I didn't realize how bad the shortage was going to get or that the non-reference cards would be so badly overpriced).

So, anyway, as long as my order doesn't get cancelled or something, I should have a 6800 XT on the way. I'm happy because the 6800 XT ref is one of the best buys terms of price/performance on the market now, edging out the Nvidia reference 3080, and everything from the AIBs since they've tacked on $200-$300 to the MSRP.

I'd have gone for a 6900 XT reference as well had that come up instead (another notify came out around the same time, but I was already checking out with the 6800 XT). I guess I'm happier to get the 6800 XT due to better price/performance (6900 XT is only 15% faster for 50% more), but actually the premium of the 6900 XT isn't that egregious, and there's something to be said for having "the best". But, anyway, 6800 XT is what I managed to nab.

If anyone is looking for a card, trolling for the weekly AMD drop may be one of your better options. It seems like it's less heavily botted than other sites, so you might actually have a chance of completing a buy. I had zero success on Amazon, even running 12 instances of a buying bot, and Best Buy seems like a totally lost cause (wait for the buy button to turn yellow, and by the time you click it the card is out of stock again). Walmart I actually got to checkout but then it sold out before I could complete it; I fumbled the checkout a bit, but honestly I probably wasn't even close anyway.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 09:40 PM   #815
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Dang I thought those were a one time thing for red team members only...

You got it at MSRP?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 01:09 PM   #816
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 01:32 PM   #817
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
After hanging out in a Discord buying server for weeks, I finally got a shot at an AMD Reference 6800 XT Midnight Black. As soon as the notify went out I was all over it, and actually completed the buy!
Congrats!!!

yoz
Old Apr 19, 2021, 01:42 PM   #818
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Nice a successful hunt, didn't think it was possible any longer. I was just play hunting the last few days with the Discord Amazon notify's on 3090's, I got to the pay point so there was a chance I could have bought. Wasn't looking to buy so didn't press the button. Was only $1869 plus tax.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 01:58 PM   #819
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Nice a successful hunt, didn't think it was possible any longer. I was just play hunting the last few days with the Discord Amazon notify's on 3090's, I got to the pay point so there was a chance I could have bought. Wasn't looking to buy so didn't press the button. Was only $1869 plus tax.
The only 3090 that's even worth considering, from a price point, is the FE.

I should have kept the one I got from BB considering what a regular 3080 is going for now.....

yoz
Old Apr 19, 2021, 02:30 PM   #820
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
The only 3090 that's even worth considering, from a price point, is the FE.

I should have kept the one I got from BB considering what a regular 3080 is going for now.....
I was surprised you didn’t keep it, could have sold the 3080 to cover it.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 02:49 PM   #821
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
I was surprised you didn’t keep it, could have sold the 3080 to cover it.
I know, especially in these crazy prices but the performance difference is so minimal..... whatever, my bad.

yoz
Old Apr 19, 2021, 03:21 PM   #822
Nagorak

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Dang I thought those were a one time thing for red team members only...

You got it at MSRP?
Yeah, straight from the AMD store. Regarding the Red Team thing, I think that was a bit of a fiasco. Like they just announced it early to them, but then it wasn't actually restricted, and when it went live whoever wanted to could buy them. Apparently they're now restocking them. I didn't go specifically for the Midnight, it just happened to be the one that I saw the notification for.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 03:25 PM   #823
Nagorak

Quote:
I know, especially in these crazy prices but the performance difference is so minimal..... whatever, my bad.
3090 is still a hard sell for me. With the crazy pricing, it's easy to start to normalize things, but in the end over $1500 for such a small performance increase over the 3080 still isn't really worth it. But the AIBs make it easy because they are charging $1800+ where it just becomes ridiculous!

I will say in 20/20 hindsight, for those who really wanted a new card the 3090 FE didn't end up looking that bad, considering the 3080 meant a long wait, if you got it at all.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 06:48 PM   #824
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
3090 is still a hard sell for me. With the crazy pricing, it's easy to start to normalize things, but in the end over $1500 for such a small performance increase over the 3080 still isn't really worth it. But the AIBs make it easy because they are charging $1800+ where it just becomes ridiculous!

I will say in 20/20 hindsight, for those who really wanted a new card the 3090 FE didn't end up looking that bad, considering the 3080 meant a long wait, if you got it at all.
Yeah, thanks for reminding me why I didn't keep it.

yoz
Old Apr 19, 2021, 06:57 PM   #825
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The performance increase is there at 4K with an AIB model on a 500watt BIOS. It can exceed 20% faster if you tweak. IMO, worth it for high res gamers. Anything besides 4K? Nope.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM   #826
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

I'll admit, I fully bought this MSI Trio X 6900 XT at $1400, with full intention to sell for profit to pay towards something else. But the more I see these prices increasing, I've convinced myself to just keep it. The performance is rather insane, and more than I could ever need for 1440p. I might aswell keep the card I secured, at least I "technically" paid below the $1599 MSRP of the card.

Outriders I get 168 average FPS. I do like fully utilizing all of my monitor.

I bet around fall with school kicking back in, we are going to see prices increase more.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote