Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 2, 2012, 01:20 AM   #6691
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Is anyone using the FXAA injector to adjust color grading on ATI hardware? I thought I would give it a go tonight but any version I use just crashes bf3.exe before the game even opens. Any suggestions?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 03:10 AM   #6692
LordJuanlo
Catalyst Beta Tester

LordJuanlo is still being judged by the masses

I'm using Danoc 1.3 FXAA Injector and it works perfectly. I prefer the color grading of this injector than the default blueish game tone. But that's me, there are lots of people who hate this injector. Just be sure to disable FXAA in-game and Origin overlay or the injector won't work.
3 x Radeon 7970 on 3 x Benq XL2420T (EyeFinity 5760x1080 @ 120Hz)
Onkyo TX-NR709 Receiver / KEF KHT 2005.3 Speakers / Westone 3 EarPhones
Ideazon Fang / Microsoft Wireless Controller / G27 Racing Wheel
Windows 8 Pro x64 / Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Oculus Rift
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2012, 03:33 AM   #6693
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJuanlo View Post
I'm using Danoc 1.3 FXAA Injector and it works perfectly. I prefer the color grading of this injector than the default blueish game tone. But that's me, there are lots of people who hate this injector. Just be sure to disable FXAA in-game and Origin overlay or the injector won't work.
Disabled FXAA in game and origin overlay and used that injector(and about 10 more variants) not working for me.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 2, 2012, 06:25 PM   #6694
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

How do you edit the FXAA injector? Everytime I edit it, it doesnt work.. I just want the lighting and sharpness, but dont want the FXAA itself (I use real AA). All I do is add // to the front of the "use anti aliasing" line and it doesnt work, any ideas?
Old May 2, 2012, 09:29 PM   #6695
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
How do you edit the FXAA injector? Everytime I edit it, it doesnt work.. I just want the lighting and sharpness, but dont want the FXAA itself (I use real AA). All I do is add // to the front of the "use anti aliasing" line and it doesnt work, any ideas?
Ive read there is something you have to do to the shader commands too or it will crash. I came across one online that someone edited to be like that. But none of them work for me at all.

Old May 2, 2012, 10:02 PM   #6696
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Hrmm well if someone feels like uploading the FXAA injector with FXAA edited out, please do, because I fail.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:20 PM   #6697
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

might these programs be seen as hacks by the game?
Old May 3, 2012, 10:36 PM   #6698
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

started using famas because folks say the stats on it are good. gah the default iron sights are disastrous.
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 12:19 AM   #6699
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
Seeing as most actual hacks seem to fly under the radar, I don't see why something legit would be seen as a hack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 08:44 AM   #6700
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Seeing as most actual hacks seem to fly under the radar, I don't see why something legit would be seen as a hack.
Yeah, there was a short time when I seen abunch of people get auto banned, but that seems to never happen now. Either admin is on, or the server gets owned
PB is worthless and reporting people to them does nothing but get you "if they are using cheats we will get them in a future update" response

Old May 4, 2012, 03:05 PM   #6701
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
I emailed http://www.evenbalance.com/ and asked the question a while ago they said its a hack even if it doesn't effect game play and you will be banned from the network if caught so I dont use it.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 11:07 PM   #6702
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

4weeks+ and dart isn't fixed :/
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 11:16 PM   #6703
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
4weeks+ and dart isn't fixed :/
Who knows, maybe they're focused on throwing out the DLCs to rake in as much extra cash as they can before they start their next project and cut support like they did with Bad Company 2. They still haven't bothered improving the Commo Rose, either, or listening to community feedback and working on redesigning the HUD despite many screenshots and video demonstrations showing fan-made interfaces that are superior in every way. And these are things we've been begging for since launch!
Old May 5, 2012, 08:46 AM   #6704
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 10:26 AM   #6705
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Good reasons to stop developing A+ titles for consoles IMO.
Quote:
Old May 5, 2012, 12:51 PM   #6706
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

I've been playing a ton since I fixed the sound issue and I gotta say the game is just plain old fun. I have a blast everytime. Especially when I get into a jet.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:21 PM   #6707
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

That's software development. It's never been cheap, games or not.
Old May 5, 2012, 11:48 PM   #6708
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
That's software development. It's never been cheap, games or not.
while you're right about software dev being expensive, i believe the cost mentioned in the article is how much developers have to pay microsoft and sony just to host their patches on xbla/psn. it's a completely arbitrary amount of money that the platform holders want from developers.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 11:55 PM   #6709
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

could use some good chopper pilots...
Too predictable.
Old May 6, 2012, 08:03 PM   #6710
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Man they REALLY need to put in some kind of team shuffle. After each round at least switch up the teams if one team gets owned really badly. I mean that's the reason the game is so lopsided most of the time. The teams are the same throughout the entirety of the rounds. They never change. So if one team really sucks then it'll be like that until everyone leaves or switches teams eventually. It's so annoying.
Old May 6, 2012, 08:35 PM   #6711
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Man they REALLY need to put in some kind of team shuffle. After each round at least switch up the teams if one team gets owned really badly. I mean that's the reason the game is so lopsided most of the time. The teams are the same throughout the entirety of the rounds. They never change. So if one team really sucks then it'll be like that until everyone leaves or switches teams eventually. It's so annoying.
I leave servers that do that, even if we got pwnt hard. I am there to play with my friends in a squad, not get tossed around and "balanced" all the ****ing time.

(Also, they have servers that do that)
Quote:
Old May 6, 2012, 08:41 PM   #6712
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
that's the biggest issue, and a huge annoyance for me.
Too predictable.
Old May 6, 2012, 08:55 PM   #6713
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

I was just playing grand bazzar rush mode and we couldn't even get out of spawn the game ended in 5 minutes if that. It was ****ing stupid. The round before that we got owned hard and again the round before that. When I am number one on the team with 9 kills and 15 deaths that is pretty bad.
Old May 6, 2012, 09:00 PM   #6714
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

Quote:
I was just playing grand bazzar rush mode and we couldn't even get out of spawn the game ended in 5 minutes if that. It was ****ing stupid. The round before that we got owned hard and again the round before that. When I am number one on the team with 9 kills and 15 deaths that is pretty bad.
So go find another server.
Quote:
Old May 6, 2012, 09:02 PM   #6715
schwartz
Team Zissou

schwartz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
That's a round about solution that the devs can easily solve with a few lines of code. It's a pain in the ass to switch and generally you fall into the same problem within a few rounds. The battlefield 3 circle of life
schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 09:19 PM   #6716
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartz View Post
That's a round about solution that the devs can easily solve with a few lines of code. It's a pain in the ass to switch and generally you fall into the same problem within a few rounds. The battlefield 3 circle of life
He can find a server with the feature he's bitching about. It exists
Quote:
Old May 6, 2012, 09:20 PM   #6717
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Not sure what the hostility is for but alright. The game needs fixing in some small ways. The fact that 90% of the games end up being lop sided to an extreme is a bit of an annoyance. A simple fix would make the game ten times better.

Not sure what you are talking about that it is already a feature in the game. I haven't seen it and auto-balance is definitely not it.
Old May 6, 2012, 09:25 PM   #6718
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

Quote:
Not sure what the hostility is for but alright.
You think I am being hostile?

I am pointing out that the feature exists on some servers. (I am sure its a plugin) For you not to have noticed this feature yet.... I dunno what to say.
Quote:
Old May 6, 2012, 10:20 PM   #6719
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
yea. i won as the rush offending team in a little over 6 minutes yesterday. retarded. and it actually is fairly hard to find a balanced server.
Too predictable.
Old May 6, 2012, 11:58 PM   #6720
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

One sided matches are a non-issue for me now. Early on I was asking for autobalance based on SPM, which some servers do, but now it happens infrequently enough for me to not care. Usually matches are quite competitive and I can only assume that's because a lot of scrubs have left.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote