Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 26, 2020, 08:04 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

atrocious ending this is an ending where a bunch of unsophisticated writers trying too hard to make an emotional story and failing
Old Mar 26, 2020, 08:48 AM   #272
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
atrocious ending this is an ending where a bunch of unsophisticated writers trying too hard to make an emotional story and failing
Seriously?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 09:15 AM   #273
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Bummer
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 26, 2020, 09:30 AM   #274
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

I canceled my subscription last week because I saw the writing on the wall. I didn't want to see how it ended.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 01:37 PM   #275
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Finally something exciting, looking forward to this one!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 02:57 PM   #276
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I don't agree, but each to their own.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 02:58 PM   #277
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
I don't agree, but each to their own.
I'll watch tonight.

yoz
Old Mar 26, 2020, 03:15 PM   #278
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just when I thought they went the right way they F it up!
I actually like Discovery better then this season of Picard, minus a few of the snowflakes they have on the show.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 03:03 AM   #279
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

That ending was anticlimactic.

1st season of Picard gets a 6/10 from me. And that is being generous.

Their was too much bad writing and very little star trek for my liking. Not to mention pointless cursing.

It had such promise. Now it's just meh...

They basically screwed this up. Pretty bad.

I'm re-watching DS9 just to get the taste out of my mouth.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2020, 07:44 AM   #280
daPhoenix
Banned

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So I watched the whole S1 in 2 days and it didn't really feel like Star Trek to me apart from the cameos. It felt more like someone took your average action TV show and a slapped familiar environment on it and some fan service in the form of familiar songs and little tidbits here and there - which of many were too obvious.

The pretty coarse language didn't really feel like it belongs in the series. I was hoping for a more philosophical tone and less ninja-lzrbmzs and lens flares to hide the CGI.

Oh well, I guess this is what ST is nowadays.

Last edited by daPhoenix : Mar 27, 2020 at 10:25 AM.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2020, 08:56 AM   #281
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Star trek is dead. Has been since JJ Abrams made a movie.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2020, 10:40 AM   #282
Nascar24

I was fine with the movies until they pulled the Beastie boys non-sense!
Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:15 AM   #283
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post

Their was too much bad writing and very little star trek for my liking. Not to mention pointless cursing.

They basically screwed this up. Pretty bad.

I'm re-watching DS9 just to get the taste out of my mouth.
Don't forget the ludicrous overuse of "JL" instead of calling him by his ****ing name. Apparently Jean-Luc was too many syllables.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:18 AM   #284
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I was fine with the movies until they pulled the Beastie boys non-sense!
I literally cannot believe nobody stopped that idea the moment it was brought up.

1: "Hey let's make a beastie boys song save the galaxy"

2: "hahahhahaa that's a good one. Music stops the enemy completely and blows their ships up. Only an IDIOT would think that is a great idea"

1: "...I'm serious..."

2 "OH GREAT IDEA! LET'S DO IT!"

:/facepark

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:28 AM   #285
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post

Yeah, pretty much.

yoz
Old Mar 27, 2020, 01:16 PM   #286
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Old Mar 28, 2020, 05:41 AM   #287
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

I thought the last episode was amazing. Loved what they did with Data.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2020, 08:18 AM   #288
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I agree. What a great way to finally have real closure, something Picard was never able to really do. Not even in the movie.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
Old Mar 29, 2020, 01:16 AM   #289
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
yes it's emotionally good, but logically doesn't make sense... data memory was transferred to b4 but the personality was supposedly gone, that was nemesis story told us... in this series at the first episode picard was dreaming about data... but in the ending suddenly there was this "real" data that told picard to kill him.

2000s trek is just emo trek that fails in any logic, cohesion and continuation.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 04:23 AM   #290
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Quote:
I agree. What a great way to finally have real closure, something Picard was never able to really do. Not even in the movie.
The last episode was pretty good, and the 1st season while started a bit "meh" got better as it went on.

Also while I do like the whole TNG era of trek, I don't want to see a utopion society non stop in every star trek, not every Human in star trek is part of the mighty peace loving Federation. So it's nice to have some normal people than people striving for some perfect image of humanity.

Also for me personally TNG season 1-2 had some decent episodes but for the most part I disliked those 2 seasons for different reasons.

I mean Tasha ya fighting some woman in tinfoil costumes, to please some Alien Sultan.

Quote:
yes it's emotionally good, but logically doesn't make sense... data memory was transferred to b4 but the personality was supposedly gone, that was nemesis story told us... in this series at the first episode picard was dreaming about data... but in the ending suddenly there was this "real" data that told picard to kill him.

If you want to disect Star Trek for plotholes, lack of cohesion etc then we'd need a few years because it's always had them.

Each Trek program usually has a rough first season until they find their ground and start to take the show places.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2020, 05:45 AM   #291
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

im with andino on this one except my score is lower, 5/10 maybe even 4

my beagle could have written a better story. Space elves, plot ripoff from mass effect, cylons etc
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2020, 09:08 AM   #292
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Each Trek program usually has a rough first season until they find their ground and start to take the show places.
tru.dat. Sad that Enterprise was cancelled as it was getting really good.

yoz
Old Mar 29, 2020, 09:20 AM   #293
daPhoenix
Banned

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
tru.dat. Sad that Enterprise was cancelled as it was getting really good.
What? Space Nazis and ****, thank goodness that thing was cancelled.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2020, 09:24 AM   #294
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:

data made a copy of his memories to B-4, it was not a transfer meaning that nothing was left in data, or that it was some how transfer at his death. The reason B-4 didn't have the personality was because his matrix wasn't capable of processing such information, nor did he have an emotion chip. The copy was made before long before data died at the end of Nemisis Data explained that they where able to retrieve his memory Ingram's which would still be intact. Which lead to the ending in Picard. Very plausible and accurate if they where indeed able to retrieve data's Ingram's after he blew up. Now, that is questionable, but not disprovable as we don't have anyway of disproving that parts of data where not in the dabre. Even if they got the memory engrams from B-4, which may have been mentioned in picard, and I missed it, they where still there, b-4 was just unable to process them due to his matrix being to simplified, but the data (information) was still saved. But, if they retrieved them from B-4, he would have no memory of sacrificing himself for picard. So they had to get them from the dabre.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 29, 2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 01:06 PM   #295
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
The last season was really good and the following would have been the Romulan War.

yoz
Old Mar 29, 2020, 11:59 PM   #296
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
data made a copy of his memories to B-4, it was not a transfer meaning that nothing was left in data, or that it was some how transfer at his death. The reason B-4 didn't have the personality was because his matrix wasn't capable of processing such information, nor did he have an emotion chip. The copy was made before long before data died at the end of Nemisis Data explained that they where able to retrieve his memory Ingram's which would still be intact. Which lead to the ending in Picard. Very plausible and accurate if they where indeed able to retrieve data's Ingram's after he blew up. Now, that is questionable, but not disprovable as we don't have anyway of disproving that parts of data where not in the dabre. Even if they got the memory engrams from B-4, which may have been mentioned in picard, and I missed it, they where still there, b-4 was just unable to process them due to his matrix being to simplified, but the data (information) was still saved. But, if they retrieved them from B-4, he would have no memory of sacrificing himself for picard. So they had to get them from the dabre.
Data copied his memory long before the end of nemesis? Really? I don't remember such explanation, and it wouldn't make sense anyway, the logic following such explanation would made data somehow wanted and did clone himself out of blue then.

And even with that explanation, it's such a complicated contrivance not shown within the story itself.

Also let's not forget to realize that ****ing Jean luc Picard is now an Android and without Riker and any of his real friends even knowing about it... Heck, Riker was just there seconds ago before his best friend collapsed this is just one of the many **** ups on the story.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 08:15 AM   #297
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Data copied his memory long before the end of nemesis? Really? I don't remember such explanation, and it wouldn't make sense anyway, the logic following such explanation would made data somehow wanted and did clone himself out of blue then.

And even with that explanation, it's such a complicated contrivance not shown within the story itself.

Also let's not forget to realize that ****ing Jean luc Picard is now an Android and without Riker and any of his real friends even knowing about it... Heck, Riker was just there seconds ago before his best friend collapsed this is just one of the many **** ups on the story.
Data Copied his memories and data files to B-4 shortly after they found him and put him back together, when they where doing all their testing on him, because they realize that his programming was limited and wanted to expand his capabilities. But his matrix wasn't able to process much of it, not right away. (in the end of Nemesis, He started to mumble/sing the song Data sang at the wedding from the beginning of the movie) Had NOTHING to do with Data wanting to clone himself. There was no explanation, it was in the Movie, close to half way thru if memory serves me correctly.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 30, 2020 at 08:21 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 08:34 AM   #298
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Data Copied his memories and data files to B-4 shortly after they found him and put him back together, when they where doing all their testing on him, because they realize that his programming was limited and wanted to expand his capabilities. But his matrix wasn't able to process much of it, not right away. (in the end of Nemesis, He started to mumble/sing the song Data sang at the wedding from the beginning of the movie) Had NOTHING to do with Data wanting to clone himself. There was no explanation, it was in the Movie, close to half way thru if memory serves me correctly.
Correct.

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2020, 08:58 AM   #299
acroig
Master Troll

Default Brent Spiner Won’t Be Playing Data Again

Spiner says: “When he blew up in Nemesis, I never expected to get the backlash [the show got] from so many fans over that. I thought, ‘Well, that’s a great, big emotional ending, and he’s sacrificing himself for his friends’ and that was just. But it didn’t seem to sit that well with too many people.”

With “Picard” now having offered the character a chance to say goodbye, and having him as a key motivating force for much of the season, Spiner feels this is the proper send off

https://www.darkhorizons.com/brent-s...ng-data-again/

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2020, 01:01 PM   #300
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
Oh Hell no, I liked Enterprise, Loved Tpol During the last crisis (Financial Crisis - Been a while now) I watched the whole thing over again.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Mar 30, 2020 at 01:32 PM.