Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Nov 25, 2015, 01:45 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Argoon1981
Radeon Evergreen

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Installed them seem to work fine so far.

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2015, 02:05 PM   #32
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
Installed them seem to work fine so far.
Installed over 15.11.1 betas and seem to be working OK for me. Newest game I tried it on was Dirt Rally and it worked fine. Tried Mordor worked fine so looks like I'll be keeping these for now. New GUI is so so tbh not very impressed.
Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7Ghz, ASUS Z270-K, Sapphire Radeon Tri-X Fury Pro, 16GB Crucial DDR4 2400 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 700w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2015, 03:55 PM   #33
WaltC
Captain Know-it-all

Location: United States Deep in Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good
WaltC is still being judged by the masses

I've reverted to the 15.11.1b's. I was shocked to discover that there is no way to change screen resolutions from within Crimson. The basic functionality of resolution switching has been removed from the drivers! I have to actually leave Crimson and go to Win10 Display Properties change the resolution! The systray icon no longer provides information and the functions it used to, either! Unreal. This thing seems like a console program for the xBone or PS4--it's nothing like a Catalyst release.

I've monkeyed with the custom refresh option--can't get it to work. But the ancient CRU works fine!

I thought sure that this release would add screen res & refresh control to individual game profiles, like it added fan control and overclocking--had no idea that Crimson would strip them out. This thing had to be meant for consoles. Doesn't make sense anywhere else.

Edit: Not so hard to solve this--install the 15.11.b's and then use the Device manager to install the 15.30xxxx Crimson drivers into the most recent CCC--instructions below for whomever might need them:

Install the 15.11.1b cats, then open up the Device Manager select your GPU driver under "Display Adapter." Right-click on the name of your driver, then select "Update Driver Software" and then select "Browse My Computer," and then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer," and then select "Have Disk" and then point the program here: C\:AMD\Radeon-Crimson-15.11-Win10-64-bit\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\C02969567.inf and select Open--and the 15.30xxxx Crimson drivers will be installed into the 15.11.1 CCC *and* you will also get the new Custom Refresh Utility--assuming you can get it to work--as well. You should have all hotkey function back, etc. Everything seems to work fine--haven't tested everything, though.

This gives you the Crimson drivers and solves all control problems with resolution switching & hotkeys, etc.

Note: The specific driver numbers above may vary a bit from your own unless you have the same card that I do--an R9 380 4GB.

Last edited by WaltC : Nov 25, 2015 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Solved Problem with workaround
WaltC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 25, 2015, 04:29 PM   #34
Loser-P
Radeon HD 4850

Loser-P is still being judged by the masses

The only option I ever change is now buried in the CCC remnant that is the Additional Settings of the Display section.

The Use EDID option is an effective way of limiting my display's gamut to sRGB that I usually switch off to play games, and back on to browse the web.

Instead of opening right to the last settings page I last used I have to click through 3 different buttons to get where I want.

Also opening the Additional Settings dialog resets the vlut forcing me to open another program to reload my calibration.

Old Nov 25, 2015, 05:37 PM   #35
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser-P View Post
Also opening the Additional Settings dialog resets the vlut forcing me to open another program to reload my calibration.
same here, real pain in the butt and highly unprofessional from AMD. Can't believe such issues still show up.
Totally unimpressed so far
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2015, 06:58 PM   #36
Cartel
Radeon HD 280X

Cartel is still being judged by the masses

Angry

Total garbage.

Crashes flashplayer, fan goes to 100% and the radeon control thing is fubar.
Glad I did a image on my C: drive before I installed this poor excuse of a driver.

Waited 4 months for this....?

http://imgur.com/gallery/43YWv

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Last edited by Cartel : Nov 25, 2015 at 07:15 PM.
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:49 AM   #37
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

All of my Steam games have showed up and, per the notes, AMD has autoset a profile for each game.

What criteria is being used to set that profile?

I prefer to use my own profile for each game according to my own preferences.

Is this, essentially, AMD forcing the Gaming Evolved on us?
~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TV~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)
Dyre Straits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2015, 02:07 AM   #38
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

can someone explain me why both RAIDXpert and chipset drivers installers do not show the relevant packages?
I launch the installer, select 'install' and the packages window only shows HDMI audio, control panel and drivers, but no SATA, AHCI, RAIDXpert to be installed. If I do choose to install anyway, nothing happens

Last edited by Lurk : Nov 26, 2015 at 02:15 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 02:27 AM   #39
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyre Straits View Post
All of my Steam games have showed up and, per the notes, AMD has autoset a profile for each game.

No... They are default (Global Settings) unless YOU change them.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 02:47 AM   #40
blurter
Sir Rage-a-lot

blurter is still being judged by the masses

LOL

If you go into the Gaming - Global Settings and hit Reset - Shader Cache then reboot you will get a windows error message......LOL

Also setting FRTC in any game profile DOESN'T FLUCKING WORK FFS.........Quick!!! we need more bananas :

Just kidding

Good drivers if you liken them broken.....huge step backwards from catalyst and CCC
blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2015, 08:03 AM   #41
Final8ty
Radeon R700

Final8ty is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

If you actually look at them they are all using the global settings.
Final8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2015, 08:20 AM   #42
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final8ty View Post
If you actually look at them they are all using the global settings.
The annoying thing is that they changed anything at all in my games.
~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TV~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
Old Nov 26, 2015, 09:08 AM   #43
Final8ty
Radeon R700

Final8ty is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
The annoying thing is that they changed anything at all in my games.
No they will not change anything at all because they all have the same settings as the global.

Change a global setting and you will see that all of the profiles will also change to match the global, its only when you specifically change a profile will it keep its settings independent and it will say Enabled.

Last edited by Final8ty : Nov 26, 2015 at 09:13 AM.
Final8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:12 PM   #44
Korrigan
Radeon R9 290x

Korrigan is still being judged by the masses

Well, I will post this because it may help some of you who also had a bad experience with those drivers.

Rig is in the signature and in the "System Specs" to the left too.

My first contact with "Crimson" was not utterly catastrophic, since my computer still booted after installation, but pretty bad since I lost 1000 (yes!) points in 3DMark11 and over 10 fps at exactly the same spot in World of Warcraft.

I had installed them over the previous drivers (Catalyst 15.11.1 beta) like I always do.

I then tried several things, like completely uninstalling the driver and reverting to the 15.11.1 and even the 15.7 WHQL... and dang, this time I was getting pissed, because I wasn't getting my performance back. Even with older drivers, my WoW framerates remained pathetic and my 3DMark scores even more. Also, when I went back to the Crimson drivers, the new control panel was regularly crashing and unable to be accessed unless I reboot.

At that point I was about to give up, and was even starting to think about reinstalling Windows to get my original performance back.

I went for dinner, took a welcome break, and when I came back, I tried a "last ditch" thing and downloaded "Display Driver Uninstaller". I wiped the whole thing, rebooted to a nice (=P) 800x600 VGA desktop, and installed the Crimson drivers from scratch.

And there the magic worked. Performance in WoW was back to normal and more. I gained performance in 3DMark11 and 3DMark too. The settings APP is working. My system is nice and smooth again, with improved performance and the nice "shader cache" which reduces my loading times.

So guys, if you had a bad experience with those drivers, I recommend doing and complete driver cleaning before reinstalling them. It's definitely worth a try.
CPU: Core I7 7700k @4.8ghz - GPU: ASUS R9 290x-DC2 OC 4Gb DDR5 - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra-Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston SV300 480gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 27" 1ms Full HD LCD monitor - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

Last edited by Korrigan : Nov 26, 2015 at 12:30 PM.
Korrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:44 PM   #45
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

nobody has a clue on the missing chipset and RAIDXpert packages when launching the installers?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 01:00 PM   #46
evil-doer
Radeon R9 290x

evil-doer is still being judged by the masses

Not only is the compass in Fallout 4 messed up with these drivers, but the Pip-Boy is completely invisible after a bit of playing, randomly. So I need to save and exit to the desktop, and restart the game periodically.

Pain. In. The. Ass.
evil-doer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2015, 01:25 PM   #47
Ulysses 31
Radeon Northern Islands

Ulysses 31 is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-doer View Post
Not only is the compass in Fallout 4 messed up with these drivers, but the Pip-Boy is completely invisible after a bit of playing, randomly. So I need to save and exit to the desktop, and restart the game periodically.

Pain. In. The. Ass.
Whenever my weapon or pip boy hud disappears, I just to go 3rd person and back again.

It's a bug of the game.
Intel Core i7 6950X @ 4.3Ghz \ 2x GTX 1080 8GB SLI \ 128 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3333 Mhz DDR4 \ Asus Rampage V Edition 10 \ ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q \ Asus Claymore \ SupremeFx \ Logitech Z-5500 5.1 \ 2x Samsung 1TB 2x Samsung 2TB \ In Win D-Frame 2 \ Corsair AX1200 Watt \ Windows 10 Pro x64
Ulysses 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2015, 01:28 PM   #48
WaltC
Captain Know-it-all

Location: United States Deep in Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good
WaltC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-doer View Post

Pain. In. The. Ass.
There are really only two choices...install the 15.11.1 Cats and use the device manager to load in the Crimson driver (as I outline above. Works perfectly with the Crimson driver), or uninstall the Crimson driver and reinstall a previous Catalyst driver version of your choice. That's it. The Crimson interface is far too broken and incomplete to be of any use. (I am amazed this got released--they had to know how bad it was.)

AMD has plenty of marketing fluff...what they need to concentrate on now is substance. Marketing with no substance is worse than no marketing at all, imo.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 02:31 PM   #49
Korrigan
Radeon R9 290x

Korrigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltC View Post
There are really only two choices...install the 15.11.1 Cats and use the device manager to load in the Crimson driver (as I outline above. Works perfectly with the Crimson driver), or uninstall the Crimson driver and reinstall a previous Catalyst driver version of your choice. That's it. The Crimson interface is far too broken and incomplete to be of any use. (I am amazed this got released--they had to know how bad it was.)

AMD has plenty of marketing fluff...what they need to concentrate on now is substance. Marketing with no substance is worse than no marketing at all, imo.
Works fine, but only when installed on a clean system.
I didn't have the interface crash on my a single time since I did my last, clean install, as told in my previous post.
CPU: Core I7 7700k @4.8ghz - GPU: ASUS R9 290x-DC2 OC 4Gb DDR5 - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra-Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston SV300 480gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 27" 1ms Full HD LCD monitor - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
Korrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2015, 02:51 PM   #50
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

I uninstalled using the Beta driver uninstall - when it rebooted I had CCC again but no version was in the info page . I assumed it was Win10 default driver.

Installed Crimson without issue, same issue with FC3 and CFX which will cause a crash on a save (single card works the same as before without issue), Black Flag still crashes on starting a saved game.

I do like the interface better, it is more intuitive. The game settings is awesome with individual OCing settings if desired easy to do. With FarCry3 I have a desktop icon to start the game since it will not start from Steam, once I launched it from the desktop the desktop icon showed up in Crimson so I can custom set it - very cool!

As for driver optimizations I will have to run more tests.
FX9590 4.7ghz, Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro, Asus Sabortooth 990fx, 16gb DDR3 2400, 2x Gigabyte 1070 G1, 950w PC pwr & cooling PS, 128gb Kingston+ 256mb Mushkin SSD, 512gb Samsung 850evo M.2 in enclosure for Sata III and 2x 1tb WD SATA III, 34" Dell " U3415W IPS + 27" IPS YHAMAKASI Catleap. Win10 Pro

Custom SFF built case, I7 6700k OC 4.4ghz, PowerColor R9 Nano,, 1TB NVMe Intel SSD6 M2 Drive, 16gb DDR 4 3000 Corsair LPX, LG 27" 4K IPS FreeSync 10bit monitor, Win 10
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2015, 06:06 PM   #51
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I installed them and a couple of weird bugs are present.......The control panel is still the old one and not the 3D accelerated one, and while the driver packaging indicated that the 15.30.1025 drivers are installed ( which are the Crimson drivers), the Catalyst version still states 15.8 ( Not 15.11 as it should ).

This is on windows 10.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2015, 07:50 PM   #52
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
I installed them and a couple of weird bugs are present.......The control panel is still the old one and not the 3D accelerated one, and while the driver packaging indicated that the 15.30.1025 drivers are installed ( which are the Crimson drivers), the Catalyst version still states 15.8 ( Not 15.11 as it should ).

This is on windows 10.
Did you uninstall the old ones first?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 08:51 PM   #53
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by noko View Post
Did you uninstall the old ones first?

It was a fresh install of windows 10, so it installed whatever drivers that come with the 0/S itself, but I suppose I could do the uninstall routine first then try again.

Mind you, everything seems to work fine so far so it's mainly the new Crimson interface as the main issue.....Looks cool but nothing to get my shorts in a twist if it doesn't want to play nice, and I've been using the old control panel just fine all these years.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:39 AM   #54
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

I had installed over the top of the 15.11.1 Beta drivers and came across some problems.

First, my HDTV via HDMI wasn't being detected at all.

2nd, I could only activate two of my three Viewsonic 24 inch monitors at one time.

I've since completely uninstalled the drivers, cleaned the registry, rebooted and installed them once again.

I can now, at least, activate my HDTV once again.

I still, however, cannot seem to find where you can ARRANGE your monitors like was in the CCC. Instead, I'm going through the Windows Display options to get this type of thing done.

I'm sure a lot of this is simply from it being new, but, it's not that intuitive if you ask me.

Quote:
Old Nov 27, 2015, 03:01 AM   #55
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

Installed these with the Nano and noticed that there are virtually no video settings like Dynamic Contrast. Looks like it is missing from the interface. There are some but really lacking the full gamut of AMD options of the past.

Old Nov 27, 2015, 03:06 AM   #56
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
It was a fresh install of windows 10, so it installed whatever drivers that come with the 0/S itself, but I suppose I could do the uninstall routine first then try again.

Mind you, everything seems to work fine so far so it's mainly the new Crimson interface as the main issue.....Looks cool but nothing to get my shorts in a twist if it doesn't want to play nice, and I've been using the old control panel just fine all these years.
Looks like the UI is not ready for prime time, it is missing some very key parts as in video options (different processing filters), positioning of monitors, resolution selection . . .
Old Nov 27, 2015, 03:57 AM   #57
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

In addition to the problems mentioned previously, I just attempted to set up a 3x1 Eyefinity group on my three Viewsonic 24 inch monitors. But, the app INSISTS that my 47 inch HDTV via HDMI HAS TO BE SELECTED as part of the group. Totally insane! My HDTV is mounted on the wall and can NOT be part of an Eyefinity group.

This new design needs serious re-working.

EDIT: I did, finally, get it to work. BUT, first, I had to completely turn off my HDTV and change the connection away from the HDMI cable. (If it was kept connected to the GPU, it would automatically turn on again.)

Then, I was able to configure my three Viewsonic monitors in a 3x1 Eyefinity group. BUT, I then had to turn ON the HDTV again because all of the apps getting open were showing up on the HDTV....even though it was turned off and not actively connected.

Quote:

Last edited by Dyre Straits : Nov 27, 2015 at 04:20 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:59 PM   #58
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So after a few days of gaming, zero problems. No quirks, no weird messages, no crashes, etc.

BTW, I ran the AMD uninstaller before installing these, maybe that was part of the success? For those that installed over old drivers then ran to the forums to immediately complain... try other things.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 01:05 PM   #59
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by noko View Post
Looks like the UI is not ready for prime time, it is missing some very key parts as in video options (different processing filters), positioning of monitors, resolution selection . . .
I'm going to check when I get home, but I am fairly positive that all of those options are still there. I actually remember setting the resolution on the HTPC for the TV right after install.

Also, for positioning and resolution, isn't that built into Windows anyway? And isn't just as convenient as getting into Radeon Settings (right click on desktop)? I get the convenience of having those within the AMD UI, but I hope people aren't pretending its the end of the world...
Old Nov 27, 2015, 02:38 PM   #60
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

The Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete stranger

they arent there.

but yes it can all be done on the desktop.

or install ultramon if you want it in the system tray.
The Mac is offline   Reply With Quote