Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jan 9, 2017, 03:23 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Seems kind of early to ask/answer the OP's question. Until we get independent reviews of the final product, there is no way to know how good it will be.

I want to be optimistic, but am having a hard time of it. Even if they are performance per dollar competitive with Intel, I have a hard time imagining they will be performance per watt competitive.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 03:33 PM   #32
lazyx
Radeon Evergreen

lazyx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylazyx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylazyx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

For something that suppose to come out in a month or so. AMD secrecy gives me a bad feeling about Ryzen.
lazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2017, 07:21 PM   #33
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Evergreen

NWR_Midnight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNWR_Midnight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNWR_Midnight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyx View Post
For something that suppose to come out in a month or so. AMD secrecy gives me a bad feeling about Ryzen.
The longer they keep things secret, the less time Intel has to counter. I wouldn't take it as a bad thing.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 9, 2017, 07:47 PM   #34
lazyx
Radeon Evergreen

lazyx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylazyx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylazyx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
The longer they keep things secret, the less time Intel has to counter. I wouldn't take it as a bad thing.
That's one way of looking at it

But kaby lake was released last week and Intel isn't set to release anything until later this year. What scares me is that all the demos have been setup by AMD. I would think AMD gave more freedom regarding the tech press and testing\bench marking the system. It would sway people from going Intel.

December press conference would've been a good time to hype up a product with info regarding specs\sku's\release date\etc before Intel launched Kaby Lake a few weeks later. Instead it was a cringe fest with more question than answers.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 08:04 PM   #35
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

If they're still tinkering with ryzen, then how in the heck is it supposed to be out in a month or so with any real availability?
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2017, 10:04 PM   #36
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky doesn't need no stinkin' badgesHapatingjaky doesn't need no stinkin' badgesHapatingjaky doesn't need no stinkin' badgesHapatingjaky doesn't need no stinkin' badgesHapatingjaky doesn't need no stinkin' badgesHapatingjaky doesn't need no stinkin' badgesHapatingjaky doesn't need no stinkin' badgesHapatingjaky doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
If they're still tinkering with ryzen, then how in the heck is it supposed to be out in a month or so with any real availability?
Same way they are going to have a working retail version of Vega instead of the engineering sample used at CES

Intel Core i7 6900K @ 4.5GHz, Asus Rampage V Extreme, Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB Cas 10 DDR4 2400MHz, Nvidia TitanX Pascal SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 960 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, Corsair 900D, Corsair K70 RGB, Logitech G900, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:33 AM   #37
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Whore

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Vega is 1H 2017 that gives them till June.

Ryzen is likely to be a march release at this point. Motherboards are supposedly in production at this point which means it should be close.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2017, 09:10 AM   #38
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
Vega is 1H 2017 that gives them till June.

Ryzen is likely to be a march release at this point. Motherboards are supposedly in production at this point which means it should be close.
I'd like to try their new APU combo with DDR4 to see what it can do at 1080P (my TV's rez). Not sure when they will be released so I may just settle for what cpu I can get first since it's all one socket now.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:41 PM   #39
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghastlyone View Post
I'm more interested in getting all the new platform goodies, like an NVME drive, USB 3.1, DDR4, updated BIOS with better system fan control, etc.
Same here I'm not expecting much coming from a 3570K. I never overclocked it though so the extra IPC and clock speed together might make it noticeably better working in the desktop. Even then it may not be a night/day difference and inside of the couple games I'm playing it may be negligible. My Z77 is just getting long in the tooth at this point and I'm interested in upgrading for the fun of building another system.

On the bright side the old 3570K sans video card is staying put together and actually still has some value to it. Might be able to craigslist the thing for a few hundred bucks.
ASUS GTX 1080
Samsung 256GB 840 PRO SSD
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2017, 03:06 PM   #40
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Whore

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

raven ridge is sometime 2h if on target. my guess would be they want to be in back to school shopping with the apus.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2017, 03:07 PM   #41
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundGreasy can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
raven ridge is sometime 2h if on target. my guess would be they want to be in back to school shopping with the apus.
I'm plan on doing a rebuild of my HTPC using one of those.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2017, 01:57 AM   #43
dmanna
Radeon Evergreen

dmanna is still being judged by the masses

I know APU's use standard memory for GPU and CPU tasks, but what about HBM2 on an APU? Would that make any sense? Like 2/4 GB for the GPU and the CPU can continue the normal memory usage.

They probably couldn't Fit the HBM memory on the APU alone. So its probably not possible.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2017, 02:07 AM   #44
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Just as a follow-up this is an article showing how much of an improvement Skylake is over Sandy Bridge (Kaby Lake being identical in terms of IPC):

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9483/i...h-generation/9

You're getting about a 20% clock for clock increase on average. In some very specialized cases maybe double that, while in other cases much less. Sandy Bridge already easily overclocked to the same ball park as Skylake, so there's little to no increase in clock speed. That means that 20% increase in IPC Is basically all you're getting (which is honestly pretty pathetic after 6 years). Even if you're generous and give another 5% in clock speed for Kaby Lake it doesn't add that much more.

In my opinion, what you have to ask yourself is whether a 20-25% increase in performance is actually worth spending $500 (CPU/board/memory)? At least with Ryzen you get more cores. With Kaby Lake it seems to me that you're not getting much of anything.
This is why I am on my i7 2600k still

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2017, 09:01 AM   #45
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshbittermann kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanna View Post
I know APU's use standard memory for GPU and CPU tasks, but what about HBM2 on an APU? Would that make any sense? Like 2/4 GB for the GPU and the CPU can continue the normal memory usage.

They probably couldn't Fit the HBM memory on the APU alone. So its probably not possible.
There was talk of them getting HBM but I've not heard it as fact. They can do it but it's probably not cost effective at this time.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:03 PM   #46
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Apparently ryzen is set to be sometime before 3/3. Won't be a mystery for long. I was waiting on x299 this year to upgrade but let's see what amd has. However, some enthusiast boards need to leak out, the boards I am seeing thus far look like low end to mid range trash. Particularly interested in how well zen can acutally oc and benefit from oc, the benchmarking show thus far is easily beaten by my current chip oced.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2017, 01:47 PM   #47
bittermann
I didn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Apparently ryzen is set to be sometime before 3/3. Won't be a mystery for long. I was waiting on x299 this year to upgrade but let's see what amd has. However, some enthusiast boards need to leak out, the boards I am seeing thus far look like low end to mid range trash. Particularly interested in how well zen can acutally oc and benefit from oc, the benchmarking show thus far is easily beaten by my current chip oced.
I don't know nyc that's a pretty dam good cpu you've got there so you may be right. I'm going to go ryzen/vega just to play around with a new platform.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 03:28 PM   #48
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

not seen any asus rog X370 MB yet

want something comparable to my R4E to replace it
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2017, 04:03 PM   #49
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 once held a door open for a complete strangerTreeckcold57 once held a door open for a complete strangerTreeckcold57 once held a door open for a complete strangerTreeckcold57 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
not seen any asus rog X370 MB yet

want something comparable to my R4E to replace it
I want to get an Asrock X370 Professional Gaming ATX mobo. I haven't decided which DDR4 RAM to get.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2017, 01:16 PM   #50
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Just spoke to my mate at the local computer shop down the road and he's priced me the following;

- Kaby Lake 7600K - £240.00
- Asus B250 Prime - £ 87.00
- 16GB DDR 2400 ram - £110.00
- Total - £437.00

He'll also build it all for me for £25.00 which saves me a lot of time and hassle. I'm away for a few days at the end of the month so that looks like a good time.

I've thought long and hard about Ryzen but the 8/16 cpu doesn't really interest me because I think it'll be priced around £400/£500 and the 4/18 cpu's are not due to June and whilst I'm sure they'll be competitively priced I could have been enjoying my Kaby Lake set up for five months by then. I'm also leaning towards Intel because Kaby Lake will just work as Sky Lake did so there aren't going to be any major issues. Ryzen on the other hand is a completely new chip, new socket, new chipset and everything and I remember an old IT Director I worked alongside (I was the Marketing Director) and he told me it's OK to be on the leading edge but stay away from the bleeding edge.

To me Kaby Lake is the leading edge and Ryzen the bleeding edge so I think I'll take his wise advice. I also don't think the launch of Ryzen will force Intel to drop their prices in my market segment. Ryzen 8/16 will be slower in most things than an i7 7700k and I think the same for their 4/8. OK you get more cores/threads but for me that's not worth holding out for or paying for. Obviously that's my personal opinion only.
Intel i7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz, ASUS Z270-K, Sapphire Radeon Tri-X Fury Pro, 16GB Crucial DDR4 2400 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, Blu_Ray Drive, DVD Burner, Creative X-FI S/C, 700w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2017, 01:31 PM   #51
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

not a fan of the super cheap mobo. i'd bump that to the $120 range and go Gigabyte or a better ASUS.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2017, 03:01 PM   #52
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
not a fan of the super cheap mobo. i'd bump that to the $120 range and go Gigabyte or a better ASUS.
I thought about that but basically I don't need 2 x PCIe 16 lanes as I won't be going crossfire and this board has an old PCI slot so I can keep using my Sound blaster card. At the end of the day it's horses for courses and I think this mobo will do what I need. I'm popping into the shop tomorrow, weather permitting, so I'll see what other mobo's are on offer.
Intel i7 7700k @ 4.6Ghz, ASUS Z270-K, Sapphire Radeon Tri-X Fury Pro, 16GB Crucial DDR4 2400 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, Blu_Ray Drive, DVD Burner, Creative X-FI S/C, 700w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2017, 04:03 PM   #53
demo
space cadet

demo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshdemo kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

You can't oc with that motherboard. It also has poor power delivery and lacks a number of new features. You may want to look for something with Z270 chipset to go with that 7600k.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 04:26 PM   #54
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

50 bucks to 75 bucks now for a better product that your going to depend on for a couple of years is a small investment. Save the shitty mobos for oems. Also keep your eye out on bios updates with these z270 boards. Stock voltages kinda crazy.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2017, 04:29 PM   #55
dmanna
Radeon Evergreen

dmanna is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Ryzen on the other hand is a completely new chip, new socket, new chipset and everything and I remember an old IT Director I worked alongside (I was the Marketing Director) and he told me it's OK to be on the leading edge but stay away from the bleeding edge.
This is definitely something to take into consideration. The first 5 Bios Mobo releases will be tweaks and bug fixes. Happens with all new boards.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2017, 04:57 PM   #56
Ghastlyone
In Absentia

Ghastlyone is still being judged by the masses

Got all my parts in for the 7700k. I'll be building this beast over the weekend.

It should be very interesting to see where AMD prices all their new CPUs. It would be highly unlikely that I would purchase a first generation Ryzen platform anyway. That's one of the reasons I went with the 7700K.
Ghastlyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2017, 05:24 PM   #57
Mangler
Custom User Title

Mangler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMangler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMangler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMangler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMangler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMangler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMangler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMangler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMangler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMangler kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I'm sort of tempted to get a kaby just for dat 5ghz factor.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2017, 05:58 PM   #58
Seyiji
Rage Guardian Princess

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

I dodged a bullet by going Skylake 6600k in August with the way DDR4 ram prices are now it really eats into the budget.

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
Owl Face = Steam Profile | Battlenet: Seyiji#1677 | Origin: SeyijiZero | PSN: ZeroSeyiji | Uplay: Seyiji | Owl Eyes = Oh Hai!|Owl Body = Do these wings make me look fat? | Perch = Rage3D Theme Song
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:07 PM   #59
lazyx
Radeon Evergreen

...And this is the results of poor marketing on AMD side. People who went Intel because the lack of information.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 03:00 AM   #60
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak knows why the caged bird singsNagorak knows why the caged bird singsNagorak knows why the caged bird singsNagorak knows why the caged bird singsNagorak knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyx View Post
...And this is the results of poor marketing on AMD side. People who went Intel because the lack of information.
I think it's more about people getting bit by the upgrade bug at a really odd time. I still don't see what Kaby Lake brings to the table that Skylake didn't. But, on the bright side, if Ryzen comes out and is way better, I suppose they can always resell their parts!

Edit: Also, in full disclosure I'm actually putting together a Kaby Lake system myself, only because I need another computer and waiting for a month isn't possible. However, I fully intend to sell off the CPU and motherboard if Ryzen comes out and offers a better value.

Last edited by Nagorak : Jan 14, 2017 at 04:13 AM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote