Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:23 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
So I've been working on designing some printable edge labels for my n64 games. This represents about 2/3 of my n64 collection. I'm pretty happy with most of these labels, but there's a few I intend to redesign and reprint.

I've also been designing a few front labels, for cartridges that had really poor condition labels, or that I just didn't like the original labels.
That's cool man! I always hated the fact that the N64 carts were designed with no labeling on the tops. It just doesn't make any sense for when storing your games, and needing to flip through them all to find a particular game. I always kind of wished Nintendo took the Sega Genesis route with the N64 and sold the games in some sort of plastic case instead of just the crap cardboard boxes. They are about the size of Genesis games so it would have worked well. High cost reasons I assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I have PS3, PS4 and XBONER. I don't see myself collecting anything else. I even don't collect games because it is ****ing useless exercise. I hate digital for the reason that I don't recoup anything after finishing the game.

Nostalgia hasn't played worth a dime for me. I have yet to replay a single game in the past 8-10 years. Possibly only game I almost finished on two platforms that I remember is GTA V and only because on X360 it was a pain and I stopped at about 10 missions before finish. On PC I had to replay the whole thing which was painful but still finished it.

Everything else that I have double dipped, bought a remaster or any re-release of any sort, I have not finished. Every nostalgia related game, I have not been able to get back into again.
Modern games are a completely different thing though. You are less likely to replay modern games, since they are much longer. Also because they are new, so you may just have not gotten to the point of wanting to replay them again yet. With the retro games though, they were in general much shorter, concentrated games that provided immediate action with no wait whatsoever and they are easy to pop in again and blast through them.

But yeah, its not for everyone. For me I just grew up as a Nintendo/Sega kid and really never grew out of it. I took long breaks from retro over the years, but I do eventually always come back to it. The games are just so much better designed gameplay-wise than most modern games IMO that are often a convoluted broken mess, which is why you see a lot of 'new' retro type indie games these days. Personally it was Super Meat Boy and Braid that re-lit the retro fire for me. Plus its nice not having to always wait for updates and patches and all that nonsense.

On top of that my son is really coming to the age now that I was when I first got into gaming. He is also getting into it and I'm really enjoying reliving it all through him.

As for collecting, well I wanted to get back some old games that I lost along the way as well as grab some I always wanted that I never did. Of course people always ask well why not just do emulators. Well there's several reasons why its not as good. For example, you are not going to always get the 1:1 accurate experience, and there really is something tangible about having the physical games in your hands and popping it into the original console and sitting in front of your TV to play them. I guess some people will never really understand that but it means something to me and makes me happy.

Last edited by Meteor_of_War : Jan 5, 2017 at 10:29 AM.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2017, 05:22 AM   #122
KAC
Vega lolwut? Bitch please

KAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Sure enough, if something makes you happy do it.
I neither have the time, nor the motivation, nor the money to spend on these things. I am also not much of a collector of anything so.

Virgin Megastore has a huge pile of retro collectibles here. I never quite understood who would indulge on those but yeah, some of you might .
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:41 AM   #123
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Sure enough, if something makes you happy do it.
I neither have the time, nor the motivation, nor the money to spend on these things. I am also not much of a collector of anything so.

Virgin Megastore has a huge pile of retro collectibles here. I never quite understood who would indulge on those but yeah, some of you might .
Not sure about over where you are, but over here retro collecting has been blowing up the past 5 years or so. Its just one of those things where for people who were kids back when something was popular, once they hit their 30's they start to want to go out and find all that stuff again. This is why N64 and Gamecube is starting to heat up now like NES and SNES did in the early 2000's. Those who got them as their first consoles as kids are now in their late 20's early 30's and finally have disposable income.

As for spending money, well there are ways to collect without ever needing to spend much money at all other than a bit of an upfront cost. The way I do it is I mostly look for buying big bundle lots of games. I'll keep a small amount of it for my collection then sell off or trade the rest to recoup the cost, which are mainly doubles of what I already have or just games I don't want. Then rinse and repeat a couple times a month. Actually sometimes I even turn a small profit doing it, which goes to buying more games. When you know the hobby well and know where to look and what to go for you'd be surprised how far you can take it without putting much money into it.

Last edited by Meteor_of_War : Jan 9, 2017 at 12:00 PM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:34 PM   #124
OverclockN'

OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
...there really is something tangible about having the physical games in your hands and popping it into the original console and sitting in front of your TV to play them
Old Jan 10, 2017, 04:30 PM   #125
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Not sure about over where you are, but over here retro collecting has been blowing up the past 5 years or so. Its just one of those things where for people who were kids back when something was popular, once they hit their 30's they start to want to go out and find all that stuff again. This is why N64 and Gamecube is starting to heat up now like NES and SNES did in the early 2000's. Those who got them as their first consoles as kids are now in their late 20's early 30's and finally have disposable income.
Are you in Boston? I hit a few retro game stores there earlier in the year. I'm in the SF Bay area, and there's basically zero inventory. We used to have 6 retro game shops, and now we're down to 1... there's a couple more that are mostly transitioned to trading cards and board games. Every time I travel I'm amazed that there's thriving retro game stores in other cities.

deskt0p: 3.5ghz fx6300 - Radeon 6850 - 8 gigs memory

lapt0p: HP ENVY dv7-7212nr - 3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz core i7 - 8 gigs ram - geforce 650m

Just finished: Portal 2, Quantum Conundrum, Sonic Generations
Currently playing: Crysis1, UT2k4, Remake Quake

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2017, 04:36 PM   #126
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Are you in Boston? I hit a few retro game stores there earlier in the year. I'm in the SF Bay area, and there's basically zero inventory. We used to have 6 retro game shops, and now we're down to 1... there's a couple more that are mostly transitioned to trading cards and board games. Every time I travel I'm amazed that there's thriving retro game stores in other cities.
Yeah I'm about 10 miles north of Boston. There might be more I'm not aware of, but I only know about 3 stores around here dedicated to retro games. There's probably more but honestly I don't bother all too much with those stores because they generally set their prices at the higher end of current market value estimates. I prefer to rely on Craigslist and OfferUp, as well as the local thrift stores and flea markets for my finds.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 05:09 PM   #127
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Yeah I'm about 10 miles north of Boston. There might be more I'm not aware of, but I only know about 3 stores around here dedicated to retro games. There's probably more but honestly I don't bother all too much with those stores because they generally set their prices at the higher end of current market value estimates. I prefer to rely on Craigslist and OfferUp, as well as the local thrift stores and flea markets for my finds.
Yeah, I think I hit all 3 of them, sortof congregated around the airport area if I remember.

I do end up buying most of my stuff online these days, but there's something special about going into a physical store... you're right though that the stores with the best inventory are always priced way too high.

Actually, there's a couple stores up in Portland that I like to go that really have good prices. Buying from them usually saves me some $$, as I don't have to pay for shipping. I don't get up there often enough though.

lapt0p: HP ENVY dv7-7212nr - 3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz core i7 - 8 gigs ram - geforce 650m

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
Old Jan 11, 2017, 09:46 AM   #128
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

From what I hear the northwest (Washington and Oregon) is a mecca for retro collecting right now.

But its a double edged sword. While there may be more and better physical stores to check out, the flea markets and ad websites are probably waaay more competitive.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 02:08 PM   #129
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Another week, another pick up. This one also came from a local ad on OfferUp, about 20 miles north of me. Nintendo Action Set console with Mario/Duck Hunt, and 16 additional games for $100:

And this lot was what I got in a trade on NintendoAge for my newly acquired Demon's Crest from a couple weeks back. Some heavy hitter games make the best trade bait. Been wanting Contra 3 and Turtles in Time for a while. Tengen Gauntlet was a throw in to help me make my mind up:

Old Feb 2, 2017, 03:48 PM   #130
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Slapped together a shelf to put my games. Happy with it so thought I'd show it off.

Old Feb 2, 2017, 04:37 PM   #131
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

You only have 3 WiiU games? You are missing a lot of good games for the system. I know everyone says their were no games but heck I need to count the number I have, has to be between 12 and 15 at least. Still have a lot of NES games in boxes packed away, I should try and sell them off, Also have many Saturn, PS1 and Dreamcast games. Sold off most of my genesis stuff but still have the console.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2017, 04:45 PM   #132
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
You only have 3 WiiU games? You are missing a lot of good games for the system. I know everyone says their were no games but heck I need to count the number I have, has to be between 12 and 15 at least. Still have a lot of NES games in boxes packed away, I should try and sell them off, Also have many Saturn, PS1 and Dreamcast games. Sold off most of my genesis stuff but still have the console.
Think that's crazy? I never got a regular Wii. My parents actually got one, and I always just played it over their house lol.

But yeah I only just got a Wii U in December, finally. I got the 32GB version with a pro controller, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros and ZombiU all for only $100. I already have a list of other games I want for it, including regular Wii games, and will start collecting them soon.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 05:11 PM   #133
Seyiji
Jupiter Power Bitches

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Dibs!

:3

Quote:
Slapped together a shelf to put my games. Happy with it so thought I'd show it off.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/gUmlvTa.jpg[/imgg]
So legit

Needs more custom top label and angle the dangle on them N64 carts so we can see your wares :3

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
Owl Face = Steam Profile | Battlenet: Seyiji#1677 | Origin: SeyijiZero | PSN: ZeroSeyiji | Uplay: Seyiji | Owl Eyes = Oh Hai!|Owl Body = Do these wings make me look fat? | Perch = Rage3D Theme Song
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2017, 06:34 PM   #134
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post

So legit

Needs more custom top label and angle the dangle on them N64 carts so we can see your wares :3
I know, stupid N64 games! I hate that they didn't put top labels on them. I refuse to put custom labels though.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 06:50 PM   #135
borat
Radeon R600

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Very nice! You're gonna need another shelf soon!

What's in the big clear cases? Also, I find it interesting that PS3 is "archived" but 360 isn't. Are you still playing those, do you not have many, or did you just want the ps2 and ps3 games together?
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2017, 09:26 PM   #136
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Very nice! You're gonna need another shelf soon!

What's in the big clear cases? Also, I find it interesting that PS3 is "archived" but 360 isn't. Are you still playing those, do you not have many, or did you just want the ps2 and ps3 games together?
Well I specifically built it this size because I wanted to limit my collection and not let it get too out of control. But now I'm considering building another with the same specification to hold more games. We'll see.

I don't own any 360 games anymore. Sold them years back when my 360 got the infamous RROD. I got a replacement console under the extended warranty but sold it off.

The clear cases fit SNES games but they are empty right now. They came with the Demon's Crest and Super Adventure Island II that I bought last month, which are valuable SNES heavy hitters and needed to be encased in plastic.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:41 PM   #137
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

'love the shelf Meteor!

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:29 AM   #138
borat
Radeon R600

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Were none of your 360 games worth saving?

Say what you want about Demon's Crest, but if I had a NEW 3ds or a WiiU, I'd be buying that one real soon!
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:02 AM   #139
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
'love the shelf Meteor!
Thanks! It's simple, yet effective.

I have been taking the past week or so trying to decide what I want to trade or sell off to replace with other games I've been wanting to get. I really don't want to amass a huge collection of games I wont ever play, just for the sake of having an impressively sized collection. I really don't want to do that, mainly because I've seen the massive space collections like that can take up. I'm thinking I want to try and limit it to just this shelf size, or maybe one more identical sized shelf as a twin. One with just Nintendo stuff, and the other for the others. Not sure yet though, its proven harder than I thought letting go of some games I've had for so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Were none of your 360 games worth saving?

Say what you want about Demon's Crest, but if I had a NEW 3ds or a WiiU, I'd be buying that one real soon!
I didn't have too many 360 games, maybe 4 or 5. I completed all of them and they weren't anything worth replaying, or that I couldn't play on another platform.

Demon's Crest is a really good and unique game, but I ended up trading it for Turtles IV and Contra III. Sure, Demon's Crest is far more rare and hard to come across, but I just found myself not really getting into it, so decided to use it for trade bait. Needless to say it didn't take long to find someone who would accept that trade.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 07:24 PM   #140
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Nice collection dude!

I had a nice sized crt tv kicking around and decided to pick up a couple of consoles. Sadly it was an hdcrt so no duck hunt for me. But aside from that things look great, like they should.

For me the pinnacle of nostalgia is the playstation. And being discs they didn't hold up as well over the years. I couldn't believe what suikoden 2 goes for. Given its my favorite jrpg of all time and somehow didn't sell well. Very tempted to pick up a chipped psx. Really wish that I had the soldering skills.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2017, 09:58 PM   #141
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Nice collection dude!

I had a nice sized crt tv kicking around and decided to pick up a couple of consoles. Sadly it was an hdcrt so no duck hunt for me. But aside from that things look great, like they should.

For me the pinnacle of nostalgia is the playstation. And being discs they didn't hold up as well over the years. I couldn't believe what suikoden 2 goes for. Given its my favorite jrpg of all time and somehow didn't sell well. Very tempted to pick up a chipped psx. Really wish that I had the soldering skills.
Thanks. I see CRTs being offered for free on ad sites in my area pretty regularly and while I'm tempted I always resist, even nice Sony Trinitrons. Just don't have the space anywhere for it, and they're damn heavy too. In the end I think the games look great on my plasma, I don't notice the input lag, and I can live without the light gun games.

As for Playstation, you could always just use an emulator. I gave up trying to collect expensive and rare Sega Saturn games and found a serviceable emu that does the job. I'm a fairly serious collector, but I just simply can't afford to drop hundreds on a single game. As serious as I am about the physical games I also don't think there's anything wrong with using emulators.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:36 PM   #142
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Well this week I finally bought a PS3 and the dozen or so games I've been wanting to play on it. I've been putting some time into Uncharted, and I'm really enjoying it. Hard to believe that PS3 is now a "retro" console, but it is indeed over 10 years old.

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:50 AM   #143
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Well this week I finally bought a PS3 and the dozen or so games I've been wanting to play on it. I've been putting some time into Uncharted, and I'm really enjoying it. Hard to believe that PS3 is now a "retro" console, but it is indeed over 10 years old.
My son gets far more use out of our PS3 than I do, but I did play the first Uncharted game and remember liking it. I do think it dragged on a bit towards the end, and the body count was a bit on the ridiculous side, but overall a fun game. I didn't get very far into Uncharted 2 though, need to pick it back up at some point. Only other games I really spent a good amount of time with on PS3 were Demon's Souls and Red Dead Redemption. Also recently picked up the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection which is a nice collection of all the games if you're a MG fan.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 05:37 PM   #144
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Thanks. I see CRTs being offered for free on ad sites in my area pretty regularly and while I'm tempted I always resist, even nice Sony Trinitrons. Just don't have the space anywhere for it, and they're damn heavy too. In the end I think the games look great on my plasma, I don't notice the input lag, and I can live without the light gun games.

As for Playstation, you could always just use an emulator. I gave up trying to collect expensive and rare Sega Saturn games and found a serviceable emu that does the job. I'm a fairly serious collector, but I just simply can't afford to drop hundreds on a single game. As serious as I am about the physical games I also don't think there's anything wrong with using emulators.
Yeah, its a sony trintron. Honestly, I'm afraid to move the thing. Its a monster. I'm pretty sure that its just shy of 300lbs. My consoles look great on it though.

You're probably right about the emulator. That may be the way to go for absurdly expensive games. On the other hand I really enjoy using the actual console on the crt. I'm sure that a plasma does the trick as well. My N64 did just look odd to me on the lcd.

I definitely drooled over your saturn collection. Its been ages since I've touched one.

Just picked up super mario 3, paperboy, and legend of zelda off of ebay. Pretty excited for those three to show up.

Last edited by BababooeyHTJ : Feb 13, 2017 at 05:43 PM.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:10 AM   #145
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Yeah, its a sony trintron. Honestly, I'm afraid to move the thing. Its a monster. I'm pretty sure that its just shy of 300lbs. My consoles look great on it though.

You're probably right about the emulator. That may be the way to go for absurdly expensive games. On the other hand I really enjoy using the actual console on the crt. I'm sure that a plasma does the trick as well. My N64 did just look odd to me on the lcd.

I definitely drooled over your saturn collection. Its been ages since I've touched one.

Just picked up super mario 3, paperboy, and legend of zelda off of ebay. Pretty excited for those three to show up.
I had a few more Saturn and Sega CD games but they got lost over the years unfortunately.

I think expensive game collecting is only for the insanely rich. It just makes little sense to me when a lot of those old games are re-released on current-gen consoles, if not just on emulators. I'd love to get my hands on actual copies of Battle Garegga or Batsugun for the Saturn but the prices are out of control. Not to mention I'd be nervous as hell having games that are that valuable in the house lol.

Enjoy getting back to retro gaming, the time is right for it and its a blast!
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:17 PM   #146
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I had a few more Saturn and Sega CD games but they got lost over the years unfortunately.

I think expensive game collecting is only for the insanely rich. It just makes little sense to me when a lot of those old games are re-released on current-gen consoles, if not just on emulators. I'd love to get my hands on actual copies of Battle Garegga or Batsugun for the Saturn but the prices are out of control. Not to mention I'd be nervous as hell having games that are that valuable in the house lol.

Enjoy getting back to retro gaming, the time is right for it and its a blast!
Somehow I've never been that concerned with the "Collecting" part of collecting. I modded my Saturn so I could run burned games, and the vast majority of my saturn games are pirated. Similarly, I've been buying alot of repro NES, SNES, & Genesis carts from China over the last couple years. I like to have them, and I don't care much that they're not authentic... btw, all of my repros are clearly repros, so I never get them confused. I typically get them in red-colored carts, or with a variant sticker.

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:25 PM   #147
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Somehow I've never been that concerned with the "Collecting" part of collecting. I modded my Saturn so I could run burned games, and the vast majority of my saturn games are pirated. Similarly, I've been buying alot of repro NES, SNES, & Genesis carts from China over the last couple years. I like to have them, and I don't care much that they're not authentic... btw, all of my repros are clearly repros, so I never get them confused. I typically get them in red-colored carts, or with a variant sticker.
I have nothing against repros as long as they are clearly shown as such.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:34 AM   #148
OverclockN'

OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Awesome shelf! I may do one as well soon, thanks for the idea.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 09:51 PM   #149
Seyiji
Jupiter Power Bitches

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Acquired a couple of grody gameboy games for 10 bux shipped for the pair.

Probably could have done better but who knows.

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
Owl Face = Steam Profile | Battlenet: Seyiji#1677 | Origin: SeyijiZero | PSN: ZeroSeyiji | Uplay: Seyiji | Owl Eyes = Oh Hai!|Owl Body = Do these wings make me look fat? | Perch = Rage3D Theme Song
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2017, 08:23 PM   #150
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
Acquired a couple of grody gameboy games for 10 bux shipped for the pair.

Probably could have done better but who knows.

Those games together are worth about $30. As long as you don't care much about label condition you got a good deal.