Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:18 AM   #3121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

I'm surprised it got that score from everything he said was wrong. It's like a passive aggressive review and from what I just read it sucks, but it's great because of x,y,z.

He kept referring to the MP being awesome and that's what the game is really about. It seems as if they pointed that review on the MP and not what the review was supposed to be about. That or EA said write it like this or else, which I wouldn't pass by them.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:24 AM   #3122
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

IGN - 9.0
Gametrailers - 9.2
Both for the PC, both complaining about the singleplayer.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:25 AM   #3123
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

What is it with so many of today's reviewers and the complete lack of information they provide? I feel like what they said was what I'd known about the game for many months now. I'd like to hear more about how it compares to past Battlefield titles, how large the maps are in comparison to oldies, how the netcode and hit detection were, and much more.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:26 AM   #3124
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
What is it with so many of today's reviewers and the complete lack of information they provide? I feel like what they said was what I'd known about the game for many months now. I'd like to hear more about how it compares to past Battlefield titles, how large the maps are in comparison to oldies, how the netcode and hit detection were, and much more.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:27 AM   #3125
KAC
Lets talk stupid

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Does it have bugs same as beta?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:36 AM   #3126
clerick
tfw

clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

IGN is ****ing retarded.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210387p1.html

Quote:
8.0 Presentation
The multiplayer’s robust, the browser-based launcher works well, but those who don’t play online won’t find much meat in the other modes.
LOL I BUY BF3 FOR THE SP

Quote:
9.5 Sound
You’ll hear every bullet whizzing by your head, and the crash of rubble all around you.
MW2 got a 10
Quote:
9.5 Graphics
Frostbite 2 shines in multiplayer, single-player, and co-op.
MW2 also got a 10 for the graphics.
Quote:
9.5 Lasting Appeal
Multiplayer unlocks will keep you chasing the dragon for months.
Take a wild guess what MW2 got.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:39 AM   #3127
KAC
Lets talk stupid

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Purchased from Amazon for 50 smokes. Should've gotten in earlier at 42. Oh well.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:39 AM   #3128
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

IGN reviews are often bad in terms of information. This one not much above the standard I guess at least he mentioned some things he liked. Better than BC2's review, barely.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:40 AM   #3129
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

sandbags look better in the gametrailers review
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:44 AM   #3130
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

personally i'd rather see some benchmark/image quality reviews.

edit: i must say it is nice to see PC reviews coming out first. maybe the console boys will join the glorious pc gaming master race now.

Last edited by Dave : Oct 24, 2011 at 02:53 AM.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:59 AM   #3131
KAC
Lets talk stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
sandbags look better in the gametrailers review
They still do not have bulletholes done properly with clear streams of sand flowing around...
Old Oct 24, 2011, 03:02 AM   #3132
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The gamespy review said the commo rose was next to useless

All these reviews seem to have been done over 3 days with EA representatives and other reviewers filling the servers.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 03:12 AM   #3133
KAC
Lets talk stupid

Hey gays, what is commo rose. lol I don't know.

Edit: NVM. ****ing acronyms.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:01 AM   #3134
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nvidia has their BF3 drivers out.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:04 AM   #3135
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
IGN is ****ing retarded.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1210387p1.html

LOL I BUY BF3 FOR THE SP

MW2 got a 10

MW2 also got a 10 for the graphics.

Take a wild guess what MW2 got.
Mw2 was also released 2 year ago, black ops did not get the all 10s treatment.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:08 AM   #3136
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
Nvidia has their BF3 drivers out.
Where? 285.38 or newer?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:17 AM   #3137
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:19 AM   #3138
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
personally i'd rather see some benchmark/image quality reviews.

edit: i must say it is nice to see PC reviews coming out first. maybe the console boys will join the glorious pc gaming master race now.
nah, cause it would require them to upgrade PCs, and grandma won't be happy shelling out cash for PC upgrade if she JUST bought them the game...
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:23 AM   #3139
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
you da man
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:30 AM   #3140
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wonder if the sp is as bad as they claim or if it simply was not cranked up to 11 100% of the time like cod.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:52 AM   #3141
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Well it's probably similar quality to BC2, which was pretty crap imo. Seems they don't have the wacky humour in this one.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:58 AM   #3142
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I kind of liked Bad Company 2 single player.
Yes, BF3 seems like on rails a little too much just like BC2. Shuffled down a path over and over again.

I didn't really have too much of a problem with this in BC2.
What are you going to do? Take over a village and be told to take out some tanks up ahead to secure the next objective only to veer off the path to buy some mangoes in a mini-game that lets you quibble over the price?

It's a game.

I agree the use of quick-time events should be lessened. Just let me at the game with my own skills, however crappy they might be.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:39 AM   #3143
demo
space cadet

Yeh I didnt mind BC2 SP either, but I thought MW1 for instance was better.

BF3 SP will be ok, at least better than BC2 and Blops imo and good enough to play through and get a feel of the game for MP, along with nice shiney graphics.

Have any of the reviews mentioned the extra graphics settings, iq and performance?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:48 AM   #3144
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Yeh I didnt mind BC2 SP either, but I thought MW1 for instance was better.

BF3 SP will be ok, at least better than BC2 and Blops imo and good enough to play through and get a feel of the game for MP, along with nice shiney graphics.

Have any of the reviews mentioned the extra graphics settings, iq and performance?
Looking at your specs, I don't think you need to be asking.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:49 AM   #3145
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

...dirty whore...
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:55 AM   #3146
demo
space cadet

Well I just wanted to know about tessellation and improved iq etc. and if it looked any better than the beta really.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:57 AM   #3147
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Well I just wanted to know about tessellation and improved iq etc. and if it looked any better than the beta really.
Did you not play the alpha or the beta?

edit: I guess you did

I'm sure it will look better that what we have seen.
Cut down on the choppiness, improve some of the bad textures. and other stuff/

I hope.

Last edited by Fuku2 : Oct 24, 2011 at 07:03 AM.
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:07 AM   #3148
demo
space cadet

Yes, I was wondering if it looked any better than the beta though, I thought I heard it was to have extra options/higher level of iq included in the final game?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:10 AM   #3149
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

I can't really answer that until tomorrow.
I think it might but from what I've played it's pretty good already.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:18 AM   #3150
Mangler
PC

Hmm, I better get the 360 version, since that's where you will find all the skilled players.

According to icecold1983