Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:26 PM   #421
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Massive drops from BestBuy this morning. Cards for the past 1.5hrs. I'm literally hovering over the Add to Cart button in my program to add it as soon as it pops up. Doing it within .5sec. Also was in the ques for 4 cards at the same time, more than once. STILL NOTHING.

I mean, wtf.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:32 PM   #422
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

3070 and 3090 looks available.

Its the que stuff so a chance to get once

What cards are you going for OC? only 3080 and 3090?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:33 PM   #423
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Massive drops from BestBuy this morning. Cards for the past 1.5hrs. I'm literally hovering over the Add to Cart button in my program to add it as soon as it pops up. Doing it within .5sec. Also was in the ques for 4 cards at the same time, more than once. STILL NOTHING.

I mean, wtf.
Best Buy once it tells you waiting for inventory do NOT refresh and wait. You'll be sent a code later to very ID. Then..
Warehouse by you has to have inventory and if so it'll allow you to add to cart for store pickup.

Good luck!!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:33 PM   #424
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
3070 and 3090 looks available.

Its the que stuff so a chance to get once
Available where?

EDIT: I'm trying for 3080. I looked at 3090 when you mentioned it and every single one of them was out of stock.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:35 PM   #425
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Best Buy once it tells you waiting for inventory do NOT refresh and wait. You'll be sent a code later to very ID. Then..
Warehouse by you has to have inventory and if so it'll allow you to add to cart for store pickup.

Good luck!!
Yes, and it's never worked. I sit and wait and then my turn finally comes up where I can add it to cart, but then it's either gone by the time I get to checkout...or I get to checkout and try to move forward with the purchase and never get past the first screen because it tells me unavailable to ship due to inventory.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:35 PM   #426
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Available where?
Not seeing any 3080s or 3090s available.

yoz
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:37 PM   #427
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Yes, and it's never worked. I sit and wait and then my turn finally comes up where I can add it to cart, but then it's either gone by the time I get to checkout...or I get to checkout and try to move forward with the purchase and never get past the first screen because it tells me unavailable to ship due to inventory.
Last part is common as they do not ship to address, only to nearby store. If your local warehouse does not have it you don't get any.

yoz
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:38 PM   #428
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Available where?

EDIT: I'm trying for 3080. I looked at 3090 when you mentioned it and every single one of them was out of stock.

bestbuy was trying to snag one for you

Quote:
Not seeing any 3080s or 3090s available.

There were 3070 and 3090 when I looked and I qued to try and get one but gone now

Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:38 PM   #429
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Last part is common as they do not ship to address, only to nearby store. If your local warehouse does not have it you don't get any.
Right, so that's the issues. I live in a small area with only 2 stores within 70mi or so. Even if I can add it to the cart, it still refuses to sell me the damn thing, if it's actually available.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:41 PM   #430
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Man, anyone just pick a 3090 next time for me. Confirmed sale.
As I can’t fly to USA to pickup in store.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:41 PM   #431
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
They won't ship to a home address for any of the cards? WTF. Why not?

Quote:
bestbuy was trying to snag one for you
Thanks!! I appreciate the effort.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:44 PM   #432
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
My GPU games at 69C and is not audible from where I sit 4 feet away.
of course the cooler is the size of a small bus

what is the room temp and size

my 2080 ti can take it from 75f to 80f+ quick on heavy games this time of year with no AC on in a 12x15 room

i would think a 400 watt card over a 250 watt card would be much worse
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:45 PM   #433
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Looks like they are done dropping. Failed miserably.

I had 4 cards cued up more than once waiting to get my turn to Add to Cart. They dropped pretty much every type of card, two types of Strix, two types of XC3 FTW, Gigabyte boards, FE cards, MSI, etc.

Had cards in the cart, made it to checkout, etc etc. FAIL!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:49 PM   #434
acroig
Master Troll

Yeah if you live in a small area it'll be hard to get from BB. Don't know why they won't ship to house. Even in ATL it took me months to snag one.

yoz
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:55 PM   #435
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

You know, just want to express how god damn pathetic it is for it to still be this hard to buy these FOUR MONTHS after release.

My brother and I were trying to buy one for a friend as well today and failed.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:57 PM   #436
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Yeah if you live in a small area it'll be hard to get from BB. Don't know why they won't ship to house. Even in ATL it took me months to snag one.
My guess is they figure its easier on logistics to do in store pick up only, especially on an item which they know will sell like hot cakes. No need to waste time/money/resources on shipping to residential customer addresses.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 01:01 PM   #437
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
You know, just want to express how god damn pathetic it is for it to still be this hard to buy these FOUR MONTHS after release.

My brother and I were trying to buy one for a friend as well today and failed.
Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. Life goes on, but I can't deny that I get annoyed for a good hour or so trying to buy one when these "opportunities" pop up and zip on by.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 22, 2021, 01:04 PM   #438
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. Life goes on, but I can't deny that I get annoyed for a good hour or so trying to buy one when these "opportunities" pop up and zip on by.
Don't give up. I'm sure you'll eventually get one at some point. Its just sad you have to go through so much trouble for it.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 01:08 PM   #439
logical
What is my purpose?

The situation is downright comical at this point.

Trying to pay acroigs kindness forward by grabbing one for OC. If I come across one Ill definitely get it.

Old Jan 22, 2021, 01:10 PM   #440
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Don't give up. I'm sure you'll eventually get one at some point. Its just sad you have to go through so much trouble for it.
Momma didn't raise no quitter!

Nah, it's not a big deal to keep trying. I'm using several telegram groups that let me know when things are available and provide links. Pretty low effort, assuming I'm at the PC when it happens. Will keep attempting.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 22, 2021, 01:11 PM   #441
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
The situation is downright comical at this point.

Trying to pay acroigs kindness forward by grabbing one for OC. If I come across one Ill definitely get it.
Again, much appreciated. In the market for a 3080 only though, at this time.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 22, 2021, 01:15 PM   #442
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:

Got it

Old Jan 22, 2021, 01:16 PM   #443
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Any 3080?

yoz
Old Jan 22, 2021, 01:21 PM   #444
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Any 3080?
Yep, I won't be picky at this point. If it comes down to a card I REALLY don't want, I'll use it for now and pick something else up later. But in the end, my super overclocking days are over and it probably won't matter much.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 22, 2021, 01:23 PM   #445
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Yep, I won't be picky at this point. If it comes down to a card I REALLY don't want, I'll use it for now and pick something else up later. But in the end, my super overclocking days are over and it probably won't matter much.
Zotac does nightly drops or at least they used to. Check out their store.

yoz
Old Jan 22, 2021, 01:26 PM   #446
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Zotac does nightly drops or at least they used to. Check out their store.
Oh wow, I forgot they even existed. I never see them in any of the drops.

Gigabyte and Zotac are the only two I'm a little iffy on, but yeah, I'll check it out. Thanks.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 22, 2021, 01:44 PM   #447
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
I don't know how you 30x0 guys are putting up with the heat and noise output of your rigs when gaming.
My 3080 is more quiet than any GPU you have ever owned.

Stop believing the hype. It's the same BS people spread about the 9900K being a "heat monster", meanwhile I never went over 50c while gaming with a 5Ghz all-core OC.

My 10900K, with the CPU fans at 1050rpm, only hits 54-55c @5.1Ghz all-core.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2021, 02:13 PM   #448
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Oh wow, I forgot they even existed. I never see them in any of the drops.
They used to drop at their store 9-11 PM ET but then they started doing 3:00 AM ET. Their site is slow as molasses so make sure you have an account with a CC in there already, first come, first served.

yoz
Old Jan 22, 2021, 04:14 PM   #449
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

It must be worse now then when I hunted back on release. Took me about 1 month to get my first 3080.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2021, 04:23 PM   #450
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
It must be worse now then when I hunted back on release. Took me about 1 month to get my first 3080.
I think it is and it was pure luck that I got those cards from Best Buy.

EVGA Hybrids not moving any....

yoz