Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:53 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Just what did he see at the end?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2018, 07:29 PM   #182
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Love this show. I'm so tempted to read the books but I'll wait until they kill the tv show for good and by then it will be fresh.

I love how the scale is ramping up. I really expected them to do another cotyar () again, but I'm glad they didn't. So many good characters and intrigue.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2018, 09:13 PM   #183
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Great show overall. Hoping Amazon does it justice.
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:23 PM   #184
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Just what did he see at the end?
Holden saw that the civilization that built the rings was dead. He and Proto-Miller want to know what could have killed such an advanced and powerful civilization. Proto-Miller "needs a ride" so he's back.

And then there's the mystery of WTF exactly is Proto-Miller and why is Holden the only one who can see him?
So in a way we're really just getting started. And that is one of the many reasons this show KICKS MAJOR A$$!!!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:31 PM   #185
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Holden saw that the civilization that built the rings was dead. He and Proto-Miller want to know what could have killed such an advanced and powerful civilization. Proto-Miller "needs a ride" so he's back.

And then there's the mystery of WTF exactly is Proto-Miller and why is Holden the only one who can see him?
So in a way we're really just getting started. And that is one of the many reasons this show KICKS MAJOR A$$!!!
Thanks, looking forward to Season 4.

yoz
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:55 PM   #186
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Oh, did you mean the very, very end when that glowing thing came at Holden as the Roci passed through the ring? I dunno for sure but I think that was Proto-Miller hopping into Holden's brain to come along for the ride. Just making sure we're ont he same page. FWIW I have only read the first book so here I'm going off the show only.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 09:29 AM   #187
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Oh, did you mean the very, very end when that glowing thing came at Holden as the Roci passed through the ring? I dunno for sure but I think that was Proto-Miller hopping into Holden's brain to come along for the ride. Just making sure we're ont he same page. FWIW I have only read the first book so here I'm going off the show only.
Yeah, that's when I went WTF IS THAT!!!

yoz
Old Jun 30, 2018, 02:56 PM   #188
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I’ve read all the books.

Things are just starting to get interesting. The best is yet to come.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:05 PM   #189
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
I’ve read all the books.

Things are just starting to get interesting. The best is yet to come.

yoz
Old Nov 13, 2018, 09:14 PM   #190
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Getting caught up on this series, about half way through season 3 now, damn such a good show, really enjoying it, may be in my top 10 all time now...

How can a great show like this get cancelled (I know it got picked up again) and garbage like Legends of tomorrow keep getting renewed... ... why did scifi cancel it?

I didn't realize fans hired an airplane reading “Save The Expanse” to fly outside the amazon headquarters in California... glad they did...

V

some series news here, S4 maybe mid 2019:
https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-...and-other-news
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2018, 01:24 AM   #191
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

SYFY are run by incompetent idiots. It's not the first time they've cancelled a good show and it won't be the last.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2018, 02:36 PM   #192
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
SYFY are run by incompetent idiots. It's not the first time they've cancelled a good show and it won't be the last.
It was the contract they signed that was flawed. SyFy had the rights to the first broadcast only, all other reruns they had no access to (Amazon had the rights) so they were half paying to produce a show that was not leaving them sufficient income. Just a bad contract on their part.

yoz
Old Nov 14, 2018, 05:49 PM   #193
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
It was the contract they signed that was flawed. SyFy had the rights to the first broadcast only, all other reruns they had no access to (Amazon had the rights) so they were half paying to produce a show that was not leaving them sufficient income. Just a bad contract on their part.
wow, that's a bonehead decision, reruns can be a cash cow, look at Seinfeld or Friends...
Old Nov 14, 2018, 06:24 PM   #194
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
wow, that's a bonehead decision, reruns can be a cash cow, look at Seinfeld or Friends...
Exactly but I suspect they paid less up front for it.

yoz
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:52 AM   #195
acroig
Master Troll

Default “The Expanse” Hits Amazon February 8th

http://www.darkhorizons.com/the-expa...-february-8th/

Amazon has yet to announce a premiere date for the fourth season of the critically acclaimed sci-fi series “The Expanse,” but for those who haven’t seen it yet and want to catch up – you’re about to get the option.

yoz
Old Jan 22, 2019, 05:59 PM   #196
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/the-expa...-february-8th/

Amazon has yet to announce a premiere date for the fourth season of the critically acclaimed sci-fi series “The Expanse,” but for those who haven’t seen it yet and want to catch up – you’re about to get the option.
yes, great show, will second that, its pretty unique, I can't really say it's very similar to any other show... the only thing I didn't like about it, is its starts out rather boring and confusing, but if you keep with it it starts to coalesce around s1e3 or 4, cant remember...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 08:22 PM   #197
JZL
Starship Trooper

Yeah for me the big hook was s1e4 CQB [Close Quarters Battle](?)

This is the one when the gang is imprisoned on the MRCN Donnager right before the sh1t hits the fan. Includes one of the best death scenes in TV history (a particularly nasty railgun shot in 0-G).
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:22 AM   #198
JZL
Starship Trooper

FWIW . . .
Old Feb 2, 2019, 01:26 AM   #199
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

when does season 4 start ?
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2019, 09:40 AM   #200
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

when does season 4 start ?
Not yet announced, in production.

yoz
Old Feb 3, 2019, 02:43 PM   #201
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

On the advice of this thread here I just finished season one. Decent show so far. I like how they treat space physics. And I didn't realize the Punisher was in this. But all the stuff on Earth is a bit of a drag. I could do with less of that though I get why it's there.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:43 PM   #202
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
THE EXPANSE Wraps Production On Season 4, Burn Gorman And More Join The Amazon Prime Series
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/am...series-a166349
Old Feb 11, 2019, 01:18 PM   #203
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 01:18 PM   #204
acroig
Master Troll

Looking forward to this.

yoz
Old Feb 11, 2019, 06:36 PM   #205
JZL
Starship Trooper

It was surprising how many new cast they added; should be interesting.

I just hope Amazon doesn't fack the quack on this one.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 07:04 PM   #206
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
It was surprising how many new cast they added; should be interesting.

I just hope Amazon doesn't fack the quack on this one.
if they do we will have to space bezos
Old Feb 13, 2019, 07:37 AM   #207
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
On the advice of this thread here I just finished season one. Decent show so far. I like how they treat space physics. And I didn't realize the Punisher was in this. But all the stuff on Earth is a bit of a drag. I could do with less of that though I get why it's there.
?

What am I missing? I didn't see Jon Bernthal in it. Nor any characters named Frank Castle.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 06:15 PM   #208
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
I'm down to my last episode each of Mrs. Maisel and Patriot.

Can't
hold
out
much
longer . . .

Do they edit the first episodes while they're still shooting the later ones? I guess they don't really shoot the episodes in order, necessarily, so prolly not. Dayum. So we're still at least two months away if not longer. Dayum x2.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 06:33 PM   #209
Ub3r_n00b
Unwashed peasant

Ub3r_n00b is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
?

What am I missing? I didn't see Jon Bernthal in it. Nor any characters named Frank Castle.
Thomas Jane, playing detective Joe Miller, was the punisher in the better of the three movies.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:48 PM   #210
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3r_n00b View Post
Thomas Jane, playing detective Joe Miller, was the punisher in the better of the three movies.
What he said.

"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote