Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:19 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I'm actually watching that episode now. The ship is a Borg Sphere so more than likely First Contact.

Edit: This episode is awesome. Lol @ the holographic bullets reference
Wasn't it a transport ship the borg hijacked and started to assimilate? The borg sphere you are referring to is probably a smaller dodecahedron which was a frigate class sphere. If they sent a full cruiser sphere (which was close in firepower to a cube) then the Enterprise would have stood zero chance. /nerd mode
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:30 PM   #92
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

I figured the crash site was what was left of the borg sphere from First Contact after the Enterprise destroyed it.

Yes it was a transport ship that they started to assimilate. They did manage to send a transmision to their homeworld, T'Pal and Archer said it would take 200 years for them to reach Federation space, aka TNG era. But! Remember that Q transported the Enterprise D into Borg space and he even said that humans weren't supposed to encounter the Borg just yet.

/nerd mode
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:37 PM   #93
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

All this talk makes me miss Star Trek, on the plus side we have like what 26 seasons *excluding shitty TOS* of Trek. Even without the new shitty one, I could easily rewatch them all every few years

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:41 PM   #94
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
All this talk makes me miss Star Trek, on the plus side we have like what 26 seasons *excluding shitty TOS* of Trek. Even without the new shitty one, I could easily rewatch them all every few years
When I looked up this episode of Enterprise, Netflix took me back to where I apparently left off. I guess I never finished watching it! I have all of Season 4 to watch!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:44 PM   #95
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I'm one of the few that actually LIKED Enterprise. It was just starting to get really good when they canned it.

The episode where they had the borg but not actually ever identifying them "as borg" was a masterpiece. We the viewer knew what they were, but watching the Enterprise crew fumble around trying to figure out who they were but never properly identifying them was a brillint way to sort of "pre-introduce" them while still remaining cannon.
Quote:
I loved Enterprise too! That borg episode was fantastic.
This one I think was even better:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/I...arkly_(episode)

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:45 PM   #96
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I have all of Season 4 to watch!
The first and last episodes are the weakest, the rest are awesome.

yoz
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:45 PM   #97
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Loved that one too! See people, Enterprise wasn't that bad.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:48 PM   #98
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Loved that one too! See people, Enterprise wasn't that bad.
Not at all. In fact..... perhaps even better than most of Voyager.... maybe.

yoz
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:50 PM   #99
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Not at all. In fact..... perhaps even better than most of Voyager.... maybe.

Take that back right now! I loved Voyager.

TNG = Voyager > TOS > Enterprsie = DS9

For me anyway.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:52 PM   #100
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

Take that back right now! I loved Voyager.

TNG = Voyager > TOS > Enterprsie = DS9

For me anyway.
DS9 from Season 4 onwards is maybe better than TNG from that same time period.

Check this out:

"As Star Trek: Enterprise was officially canceled on 2 February 2005, its fifth season was never produced. The series' producers, however, had already devised plans for future seasons, which could have begun to air by September 2005. Most information is based on comments by producer Manny Coto.

At the 2009 VegasCon, Coto suggested that two story arcs of the season would have been to show "origins of the Federation" and "whispers of the Romulan war". Consequently, the Romulans would be the major villains of the season, although other species may have appeared in the mini-arcs. [2]

Brannon Braga also noted that he and Rick Berman had considered making "Future Guy" a Romulan. [3]. However, later Braga claimed this was a red herring, and that the season would see future guy revealed as Archer himself, trying to influence his younger self to set right the timeline. [4] [5]

Coto had also hoped that season 5 would see more stories offering social commentary, compared to season 4. [6]

Manny Coto has also said, had the series been given a fifth season, the recurring character of Shran may have joined the Enterprise as an "auxiliary or an advisor" [7] [8]."

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/U...prise_episodes

yoz
Old Jul 26, 2016, 03:16 PM   #101
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
That was the game CG footage, not from the series.
Ah, that makes more sense.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2016, 04:40 PM   #102
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I figured the crash site was what was left of the borg sphere from First Contact after the Enterprise destroyed it.

Yes it was a transport ship that they started to assimilate. They did manage to send a transmision to their homeworld, T'Pal and Archer said it would take 200 years for them to reach Federation space, aka TNG era. But! Remember that Q transported the Enterprise D into Borg space and he even said that humans weren't supposed to encounter the Borg just yet.

/nerd mode
Also remember the borg have transwarp, something Archer was unaware of which drastically increases warp travel (hence why the borg were able to send another cube after the wolf 359 invasion only a few years later). Maybe he meant it would take 200 years for the transmission to reach them? /nerd mode
Old Jul 26, 2016, 04:41 PM   #103
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Was a good one too.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 05:08 PM   #104
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Also remember the borg have transwarp, something Archer was unaware of which drastically increases warp travel (hence why the borg were able to send another cube after the wolf 359 invasion only a few years later). Maybe he meant it would take 200 years for the transmission to reach them? /nerd mode
Maybe transwarp wasn't invented/assimilated yet?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 08:41 AM   #105
acroig
Master Troll

Default Fuller Pulls Back From “Star Trek: Discovery”

"Former “Hannibal” showrunner Bryan Fuller has stepped down as showrunner on the CBS All Access digital series “Star Trek: Discovery” which is currently in the works for a May premiere.

CBS Television Studios producers said in a statement that due to Fuller’s work schedule (namely Starz’ “American Gods” series and NBC’s “Amazing Stories” revival), he is no longer able to oversee the day-to-day on the show but remains an executive producer. Fuller penned the first two scripts for ‘Discovery’ and has scripted the larger arc for the series which will see a woman captain the new ship."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/fuller-p...rek-discovery/

yoz
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:46 AM   #106
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
If memory serves, they actually remade the intro for that episode (think it was a two parter) to make Starfleet more imposing and materialistic. More like Klingons.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:49 AM   #107
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
"Former “Hannibal” showrunner Bryan Fuller has stepped down as showrunner on the CBS All Access digital series “Star Trek: Discovery” which is currently in the works for a May premiere.

CBS Television Studios producers said in a statement that due to Fuller’s work schedule (namely Starz’ “American Gods” series and NBC’s “Amazing Stories” revival), he is no longer able to oversee the day-to-day on the show but remains an executive producer. Fuller penned the first two scripts for ‘Discovery’ and has scripted the larger arc for the series which will see a woman captain the new ship."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/fuller-p...rek-discovery/
Thought I read somewhere the woman wouldn't actually be a captain but more like a commander or steward (similar to how sisko was at the start of DS9)?

Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:53 AM   #108
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Thought I read somewhere the woman wouldn't actually be a captain but more like a commander or steward (similar to how sisko was at the start of DS9)?
I read the same thing, a la #1 in the original pilot.

yoz
Old Oct 28, 2016, 03:57 AM   #109
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

looking at the current trend she must be at least Admiral!

Personally

But i'd really love to see a good scifi, they got kinda rare lately

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2016, 09:01 AM   #110
acroig
Master Troll

Default CBS exec on why they don't think Star Trek can succeed on broadcast TV anymore

yoz
Old Nov 15, 2016, 09:32 AM   #111
wazman
Resident Curmudgeon

wazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete stranger

Two words to that guy:

Doctor Who.

Yeah, it's a British show. But it's been on TV for 53 years now, and it's bigger than ever.

When are TV execs going to learn that the biggest reason sci-fi on TV isn't a bigger success is because they keep cancelling the shows halfway through their first season? Seinfeld, Cheers, CSI - none of these shows would be the hits they are if they'd been cancelled after 13 episodes.

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.
wazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2016, 09:36 AM   #112
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

yep, and i still want to see the rest of "Earth 2" and also "Earth and beyond" but we all know that won't happen... instead we get crappy pilots of something we've seen a hundred times already and if there's one season which is watchable you can bet yer ass that it get cancled faster than you can say "wtf?"...

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:01 PM   #113
xCLAVEx
Not gone

I don't buy their excuse. Aren't they showing the first episode on broadcast TV? There is only one reason they aren't showing it on TV...they want something, ANYTHING to bring people to their garbage streaming service.

Otherwise, they don't seem to care one way or the other whether this Trek succeeds or not.

Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:35 PM   #114
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I want to know which universe this new trek series takes place in.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:41 PM   #115
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I want to know which universe this new trek series takes place in.
Just after Enterprise, in between original series and Enterprise.

Old Nov 15, 2016, 03:44 PM   #116
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Just after Enterprise, in between original series and Enterprise.
says set 10 years before TOS...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Discovery
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2016, 03:50 PM   #117
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
As I said...in between enterprise and original series.

Old Nov 15, 2016, 03:57 PM   #118
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

I hope it gets a decent budget...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2016, 04:15 PM   #119
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
I hope it gets a decent budget...
From what acroig posted, it won't. It seems CBS wants it to fail.

Old Nov 15, 2016, 06:27 PM   #120
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It's going to be on Netflix everywhere but USA. That alone gives it a chance of doing quite well imo.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote