Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 3, 2015, 08:19 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
What would be awesome is if they picked up where voyager left off in terms of story line. Then have a new Enterprise exploring the galaxy including the Delta quadrant. There's so much they could do with that.
Voyager wasn't intentionally exploring the Delta Quadrant of the Galaxy...they were trying to get back to Federation Space Quadrant and away from Borg space. I'm sure you knew it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
Anyone want to lay bets that the Captain will be a woman? Anyone?

Not that I have anything against it. Janeway was okay, but she was okay long before the feminists really started getting stupid.
Trekkies...there were female trekkies way before feminazis infected anything...

Helghast... till the end of days!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRpgl01brpo It'll Blow!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiqrAKNv-Z4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--rU3Wq3WU My Bugatti V
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2015, 08:38 PM   #32
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Nope. This time the captain will be a multi-racial transexual midget, likely with a couple of additional physical handicaps...
As soon as I saw this thread title, I thought that the captain will be gay. Probably a male. The rest of the crew will be female, including the token whatever-race. And the first officer will be a Janeway type who will be in charge more often than the captain himself. Calling it now.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2015, 08:53 PM   #33
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumajo View Post
Trekkies...there were female trekkies way before feminazis infected anything...
That's what I mean. I have nothing against a female captain at all. But if there is one, what's the bet it'll not be because of the Star Trek ethos of equality, but because entitled vaginas.

Feminazis and Furries have ruined just about everything...
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 3, 2015, 09:19 PM   #34
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumajo View Post
Voyager wasn't intentionally exploring the Delta Quadrant of the Galaxy...they were trying to get back to Federation Space Quadrant and away from Borg space. I'm sure you knew it.
Yeah, I know that, but the tech, and the species they ran into along the way back would be awesome to incorporate into the new series.

I'm sure they'll screw this up though, and try to make it for people who've never seen star trek before. I hope I'm wrong about that!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:00 PM   #35
Akumajo
White Devil Bastard

Akumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete strangerAkumajo once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
As soon as I saw this thread title, I thought that the captain will be gay. Probably a male. The rest of the crew will be female, including the token whatever-race. And the first officer will be a Janeway type who will be in charge more often than the captain himself. Calling it now.
The Captain will be a very macho, rugged looking white cowboy type who will be spitting in his hands and going broke back Starfleet all up into strange alien beings from other civilizations, to go where no man has gone before.

Called it.

Oh and all his red shirts will be stereotypes from different races only instead of beaming down...they will all beam to a special "training room" to practice all kinds of manches manoeuvres.

Quote:
That's what I mean. I have nothing against a female captain at all. But if there is one, what's the bet it'll not be because of the Star Trek ethos of equality, but because entitled vaginas.

Feminazis and Furries have ruined just about everything...
Captain Janeway in Voyager was a pretty straight up take no BS type captain...in many ways she was almost a Captain Kirk in female form only less getting busy with strange alien beings and figuring out how to pork them...that would have probably equalised things.

Like I said I really liked Enterprise despite its huge flaws...T'Pol was a very strong female alien/Vulcan who knew how to deal with humans...that's a very important part of Star Trek that the Earth humans had no diplomatic experience...of course she was also played by a sexy as hell actress but within the Star Trek universe there's this idea of "culture shock" because those humans are all well educated communists in a sense where most disease and human dietary habits were reformatted and safer...something many don't realize about the past fifty years of corporate farming fast foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Yeah, I know that, but the tech, and the species they ran into along the way back would be awesome to incorporate into the new series.

I'm sure they'll screw this up though, and try to make it for people who've never seen star trek before. I hope I'm wrong about that!
It seemed at times that in every episode they would try to one up, this exposed the ancient Saurian race which was far beyond the human civilizations and had larger living Space Arks as star ships...

They need to level things out...unfortunately they do have to attract a new audience as relying on older audiences may not work so well...again Enterprise was really pushing the budget for a StarTrek television series...in all honesty they should hand the Star Trek project to a pay cable network like HBO, Cinemax or Bravo...do ten to 16 episodes at forty five minutes to fifty five minutes and have film quality presentation...but they're going after basic cable for a larger audience so they will have to sacrifice things.

Helghast... till the end of days!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRpgl01brpo It'll Blow!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESGXTFFZXM Kaz PTVD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiqrAKNv-Z4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogMXzbz9js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--rU3Wq3WU My Bugatti V
Akumajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:15 PM   #36
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Its long past that Trek should science things up a bit more. Enough with the murder mysteries and photon torpedoes. Even more than X Files did in some episodes. Make every Trek episode a cool intro into some scientific concept or idea.

Oh and yes on making it a continuation of DS9. Lots of great STNG, Voyager and DS9 characters could make some cool cameos.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2015, 11:34 PM   #37
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

just have Neil deGrasse Tyson involved
Old Nov 4, 2015, 02:20 AM   #38
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

well, they could cast Cheech as a captain, that would be something else for a start

Time to dust off my

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

Last edited by Silent-Runner : Nov 4, 2015 at 03:43 AM.
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2015, 06:09 AM   #39
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
well, they could cast Cheech as a captain, that would be something else for a start

Time to dust off my

Holy hell.. that was actually a thing?

*checks*

No, not in any series of ST.

Wow.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 06:44 AM   #40
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

Old Nov 4, 2015, 08:38 AM   #41
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I have a feeling there won't be any new canon from the 90's television series. It's going to be produced by the Star Trek reboot staff. Which means it's probably going to be based on a sister ship during the Star Trek/Kirk reboot timeline.

And if that's the case, then I'm going to be like Odo and morph away from this series.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:53 AM   #42
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
Here's your captain, someone photoshop him onto a Star Trek bridge...

Actually that might work just fine.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:14 PM   #43
andino
Radeon Caribbean Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It could be worse...

andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:25 PM   #44
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

I like how you have the chin strap off centered, nice retard effect...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:46 PM   #45
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I have a feeling there won't be any new canon from the 90's television series. It's going to be produced by the Star Trek reboot staff. Which means it's probably going to be based on a sister ship during the Star Trek/Kirk reboot timeline.

And if that's the case, then I'm going to be like Odo and morph away from this series.
I'm afraid of that too. The fact it's made by the guys who made the reboots makes me doubt that it will be very good.

I'd like a follow-up of the modern timeline (TNG/DS9/Voyager). I just think that is the best era, and it has the most history to build on. I did like Enterprise (other than the horrible last episode thanks to Berman and Braga), but it was cancelled, so I don't think they can really continue on with that time line.

Like you said, it will probably be in the reboot timeline, which kind of sucks. I really do not feel the reboots are true to any of the series, even TOS. It's the same characters, but the whole tone is very, very different.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2015, 01:52 PM   #46
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I think Berman and Braga did really well with TNG, DS9 and Voyager. And the Generations and First Contact movies.

But they were getting burnt out, as evidenced by the last two TNG movies.

I think "Enterprise" was destined to failure regardless who did it. First, it was an origin story. This was just begging to rewrite history, and that's exactly what eventually happened. Should have just stuck with something current.

The other problem is that it tried to reach out to other demographics for broader appeal. They even tried the old bait and switch "sex appeal" in the first episode where they showed skin, completely out of whack.

Third, Scott Bakula was Captain.

I think CBS spurned B&B when it came time for a refresh on purpose, and that's how we ended up with JJ Abrams version. So we will likely never see anything from the B&B universe again, which includes TNG/DS9/Voyager onwards.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2015, 06:19 PM   #47
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I don't get the hate with Scott Bakula, he made a fine captain I think, he was different enough that he was just a carbon copy of the other captains.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2015, 07:07 PM   #48
Nagorak

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I don't get the hate with Scott Bakula, he made a fine captain I think, he was different enough that he was just a carbon copy of the other captains.
I didn't really mind him either.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 10:21 PM   #49
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
He was alright. He had a dog.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:01 AM   #50
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

Also, that Hardware-wars approved helmet toy thingy was actually produced and sold as Star Trek merchandise? Wow.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 01:14 AM   #51
andino
Radeon Caribbean Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Quote:
He was alright. He had a dog.
Dude just can't act. I mean the guy plays the same thing in every show. I half expected Al to show up as a hologram and try to leap him out of there.

It also doesn't help that his character was essentially a clueless moron roaming space with a temper and crap guns.

To top it all off, the way they ended that show was totally abysmal. I get that they wanted to do another few years and end the show another way but it was getting crap ratings for a reason. It just wasn't smart.

And that is the flaw of the new star trek as well. It's just not smart enough. With the original star trek, every episode had a good story. They also had a deeper moral story too. Same with TNG, DS9, and some of Voyager. It just wasn't there with Enterprise. They'd show boobs to get ratings and have literally no story line. They'd blow stuff up with little plot. Honestly, that's why I don't like the new movies either. They are great eye candy but there is very little there to walk away with.

I mean you all tell me. Can you actually remember most of Enterprise? Are there any Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra moments in that series? The Xindi didn't hold a candle to the Dominion. And Voyager was a better exploration series than Enterprise. At least Janeway fought with the prime directive and their moral compass when trying to get home faster. Hell, Archer tortured people, stole a warp coil, and out and out killed people on a listening outpost all on the same mission. How is that a good example for a captain?
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 02:11 AM   #52
Nagorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
I mean you all tell me. Can you actually remember most of Enterprise? Are there any Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra moments in that series? The Xindi didn't hold a candle to the Dominion. And Voyager was a better exploration series than Enterprise. At least Janeway fought with the prime directive and their moral compass when trying to get home faster. Hell, Archer tortured people, stole a warp coil, and out and out killed people on a listening outpost all on the same mission. How is that a good example for a captain?
I remember a bit. One episode there was some weird advanced alien race that was toying with them, and then they figured out how to channel the warp engines through the phaser array and scared them off. Terra Nova. I'm sure I can think of a few more. The casting could have been better. I'm not sure the problem is Bakula's acting, it's just that Archer was kind of unmemorable, and they probably should have made him some other ethnicity. Having two of the three most important characters, Archer and Trip, both being sort of bland white guys was a poor choice.

Granted, the show got off to a slow start, but it kept getting better over time. The Xindi invasion was pretty interesting, ignoring the fact that it's odd we didn't encounter them in any of the other shows (the big problem with making a prequel). In the last season when Manny Coto took over, the series really picked up when they started having story archs that lasted 3-4 episodes. I think if the show had been like that from the start, it might have done better. Unfortunately, it was too little, too late at that point.

Actually, if you get right down to it, my least favorite series was Voyager. That was just a badly done series. I think the setting had a lot of potential, with them struggling to maintain their ship and running low on supplies. I'm thinking a bit more toned down "Year of Hell" where the consequences don't just get reversed. It could have been among the best Star Trek series if they'd gone in that direction, but other than hinting at it toward the start, they never really did.

There just wasn't ever a situation where the ship really suffered due to upholding their ideals, or where they had to make sacrifices in order to survive. It all just ended up working out alright, and after a while you forgot they were even trapped in the Delta Quadrant. And the show had some of the worst episodes ever, like when Janeway de-evolved into a lizard, and some really stupid bad guys like the Kazon.

For the most part, Voyager just ended up being an alternate version of TNG, but with a much less compelling crew. With a couple exceptions like the Doctor, and maybe Seven, it just felt like a B-list of characters (characters, not the actors), and they didn't even do much with half the main cast. I don't think we ever learned a damn thing about Harry Kim, and Chakotay was almost just as bad. Meanwhile, in TNG they fleshed out every character on the bridge crew, at least a little bit, and every one of them ended up being interesting in their own way, even Dr. Crusher.

I can't disagree with your sentiments about the movies. I wish Abrams had just been given Star Wars from the start, since that seems like what he wanted to do with Star Trek.

I'm just going to withhold judgement on the new show, but I don't have high expectations at this point.

Last edited by Nagorak : Nov 5, 2015 at 02:37 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 03:18 AM   #53
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
actually i ain't liked him (in that role), or as my wife put it :"I can't stand him, he's such a pussy".

Old Nov 5, 2015, 03:22 AM   #54
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

crypt keeper should be the next captain

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 03:57 PM   #55
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

why can't they do a series on Enterprise C. we know what happened to the ship, but what about from when she assumed command up to the Battle of Narendra III?

nothing in life is real. so, if anything goes wrong, blame the dead guy

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus RX580 OC; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; Corsair AX860i psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 10
warmonger180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2015, 02:55 AM   #56
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

if they really go the pay-to-view-route almost no one will watch it anyways, at least over here.

Old Jul 24, 2016, 08:52 AM   #57
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

The show will be titled Star Trek Discovery.

Here's a teaser of the new ship.

Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2016, 09:27 AM   #58
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

looks ****

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2016, 09:42 AM   #59
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Felt like I was watching a low budget in-game cut scene.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:16 AM   #60
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Felt like I was watching a low budget in-game cut scene.
reminded me of this:

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote