Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 7, 2013, 09:45 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Bleeder
Radeon R420

Bleeder is still being judged by the masses

I'm happy with this. Pay for it too. Also with unlimited data transfer... ie. no caps.
Bleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 10:13 PM   #152
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Paying $100 including all taxes for cable (2 HD receivers + DVR) + internet.

Can't wait for Google Fiber to come to town
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 11:15 PM   #153
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 8, 2013, 07:05 PM   #154
TerminalEyesore
Radeon Evergreen

TerminalEyesore is still being judged by the masses

Its free, and no download limit, so not too shabby.
TerminalEyesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2013, 02:22 AM   #155
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Not too shabby in this apartment.
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 07:06 PM   #156
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:11 PM   #157
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

$110, includes also HD channels and flat rate landline, sad

BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | ASUS Strix Geforce GTX1080 8GB @2063/10010Mhz | Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Sound Blaster Z + Logitech Z-5500 + CM Storm Sirus | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red+ Logitech G700S + Gigabyte Krypton | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD 512GB + 2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB RAID0 + 2 x Western Digital Black 1TB RAID0 | LG BD-RE + LG DVD-RAM DL | Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Charquito (Desktop): Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming GT | Intel Core i7 4790K + Corsair Hydro H100 | Corsair 16GB DDR3-1600 | Dell U2713HM 27" | 2 x XFX Radeon R9-290X Black Edition 4GB Crossfire | Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 + Thermaltake SP-850M | Microsoft Reclusa + Logitech MX Performance | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD + Seagate 500GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 10 Pro 64bits
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:15 PM   #158
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Excuse me while the state of Idaho and I join you chaps in the first world.

Old Jul 18, 2013, 01:11 AM   #159
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Comcast may be pullin' me leg.

Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:27 AM   #160
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Just got Uverse, now to ditch Time Warner...

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:45 PM   #161
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Testmy.net always shows my internet speeds to be about half of what I get on speedtest.net. Are speedtest.net results not accurate for Comcast?
I just did the test and I get about 55mb/s on Speedtest and 27mb/s on Testmy.net.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:13 PM   #162
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
Testmy.net always shows my internet speeds to be about half of what I get on speedtest.net. Are speedtest.net results not accurate for Comcast?
I just did the test and I get about 55mb/s on Speedtest and 27mb/s on Testmy.net.
I have comcast, and mine shows the same on both websites. Does your area still have Comcast "Speed Boost"? Cause Speedtest.net tends to get skewed by that since it only shows what you got at the higest, where as Testmy.net shows you the average speed you got during the test.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:27 PM   #163
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Testmy.net is and has always been garbage for me. So are most speed tests, the only way I truly figure out my speed is downloading a large file, stopping it halfway, and noting the speed. Then multiply that by 9 or 8.192 and you get your actual speed in kb/s.

My downloads are at 6200KB/s in the best of scenarios. That's about 50790kb/s, or 50.7mb/s.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:44 PM   #164
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

School internet...

Last edited by ViN86 : Sep 12, 2013 at 01:47 PM.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2013, 02:29 PM   #165
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Just got Uverse, now to ditch Time Warner...

Yah, I did too.

I have a few things going on right now, and yes, on paper, u-verse is a bit slower, but I don't notice it in usage.

They are supposed to be getting something like a 40/5 tier soon, but no idea when. I've heard rumors it could be upto 48 down.

Time Warner can go suck a fat one.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 02:30 PM   #166
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Comcast may be pullin' me leg.

2 different servers, there are chances this can impact your overall result, but either way, not too shabby

Now, about vB 5
Old Sep 25, 2013, 03:54 AM   #167
andino
Radeon Caribbean Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I pay for a 30 down and 3 up... The VPN tunnel lets me do this...

I usually get 10Mb/s up speed. This was about 150 miles away from me server so it was a little slow on the up....

andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 09:14 AM   #168
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Just ran this test at our work LOL at the DL 69.69

Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 05:50 PM   #169
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Got my FiOS speed upgraded from 35/35 to 50/25.

I am actually paying less for the next 2 years now since dropping from Ultimate HD TV plan to Prime HD, and getting $15 off per month in promotions for signing on for a 2 year contract.

Triple play bundle of Prime HD TV plan with one DVR and one non-DVR STB, no extra movie channels, 50/25 internet, and digital voice should cost me about $140 a month after all taxes and fees.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 06:03 PM   #170
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

This is using the fastest package available, Fiberoptic...

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 06:06 PM   #171
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Google needs to get their Fiber crap up and running here in Austin so I can ditch Time Warner Dial-up.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2013, 06:06 PM   #172
Sammy Sung
Radeon R300

Sammy Sung is still being judged by the masses

Sammy Sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2013, 06:01 AM   #173
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Testing.. testing..

daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2013, 06:05 AM   #174
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Screw you guys and all your fast internets.

Old Nov 6, 2013, 06:53 AM   #175
m4trix
Banned

m4trix is still being judged by the masses

From the router

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Testing from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by GlobalConnect A/S(Taastrup) [49.60 km]: 2.629 ms
Testing download speed........................................
Download: 885.55 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed..................................................
Upload: 531.55 Mbit/s

m4trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2013, 07:29 AM   #176
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

30.45 down and 4.25 up. Its a 10m cable line for $80. Feels pretty fast

Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:27 AM   #177
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Finally upgraded my Fios internet to Quantum

Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:44 AM   #178
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
Finally upgraded my Fios internet to Quantum

That's awesome how much is that a month? We don't have anything liek that around here. Which is weird with the all the rocket and space crap we have right here.

here is mine:

t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:51 AM   #179
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

4G LTE
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2014, 12:46 PM   #180
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Where I live in the country this is my only option. Well it beats dial-up.
And it is unlimited. Cost is $40.00 per month.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote