Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:54 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post

I miss my 40Mbit Download and 8Mbit Upload speed that I had just a few weeks ago, and the even more sad thing is I am still paying the same price for my 20Mbit download, 862Kbit upload.
I got Comcast internet today, here are my new results

I was paying for 20 Mbit download and 862Kbit upload with Century link (Qwest), and the actually speeds are above in my quote.

Now check out what I am getting with Comcast during peak hours

And I am paying for 25 Mbit Dowload and 3 Mbit Upload, I am paying $40 a month with Comcast, was paying $50 a month with Qwest, Qwest deal for that price was going to end in 14 months then it goes to $70. Comcast deal is $40 for 1 year, $55 for the next year, and then regular price of $70 at the end of the second year.

Oh, and the "consistent speeds" that century link advertise was BS around where I am at. Even though I got 15.8Mbit, that was my max and happened very very rarely, I was sitting at 11-12Mbit for 99% of the time though I was supposed to get 20Mbit.

Got to love the fact that I am getting 30Mbit with Comcast even though I am paying for 30 Mbit.

Guess now I have to watch my internet usage though, I do use Netflix.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:10 AM   #122
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Forgot that Comcast has that speed boost thing, so I did bigger downloads and uploads that wouldn't be effected by the speed boost feature of Comcast.

Advertised speed is up to 25/3
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:21 AM   #123
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Got my download bumped up to 25mb/s since they did away with my old 20mb/s bundle.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 8, 2011, 08:59 AM   #124
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradep View Post
hi I test the speed of my internet in many sites I got the best speed results from here scanmyspeed
my results are
download=1.09Mbps
upload=0.87Mbps
I dont know the reason why my speed seems to be slow many of them said that if Cable Internet services share bandwidth with satellite Internet access.
If there are many subscribers using that same bandwidth, it can slow down the connection.
kindly guide me how to solve this problem .
\

I have a feeling this is an advertising bot. Scanmyspeed is specifically to test internet browsing speed and will not give the best result of actual speed coming from the provider, testmy.net, speedtest.net, or dslreports.com will be the best place for that.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 09:52 AM   #125
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Mines 40Mbs now
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 09:58 AM   #126
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpyhed View Post
Mines 40Mbs now
I used to have that at my old apartment, then I had to move because they were raising my rent by $175 per month . I have 25Mbs where I live now though.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:24 PM   #127
SteveButabi
Did you just grab my ass?

SteveButabi is still being judged by the masses

Just got hooked up today. 20/1 Eastlink cable. Big jump over the 5/0.5 Bell DSL I've been using for many years now.
SteveButabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:28 PM   #128
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Same as last time...

Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:43 PM   #129
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:44 AM   #130
slick
Radeon Evergreen

slick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyslick can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:52 AM   #131
fast210
Radeon R100

fast210 is still being judged by the masses

in the office on campus

Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:04 PM   #132
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast210 View Post
in the office on campus

Awesome speed! ...your building got the fiber-optic, right?

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2013, 08:37 AM   #133
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

At $900/month, it better be!
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2013, 09:32 AM   #134
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Wow, that is fast. That on the new Internet2 connect that many universities have?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 09:58 AM   #135
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Wow, that is fast. That on the new Internet2 connect that many universities have?
Nah, its an investment place with Cogent Fiber.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:04 AM   #136
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

at the house this morning,
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:10 AM   #137
andino
Radeon Caribbean Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm paying for a 30 down 4 up service but somehow my VPN allows me to get anywhere from 12 to 15 up. Also without the VPN my speeds are always below the 30 meg down. So my VPN sped up my services..
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:32 AM   #138
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post

I'm paying for a 30 down 4 up service but somehow my VPN allows me to get anywhere from 12 to 15 up. Also without the VPN my speeds are always below the 30 meg down. So my VPN sped up my services..
Maybe your VPN server is compressing the data somehow.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:01 AM   #139
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
i hate you all..... and no, i'm not gonna post my speed.

Oh, well.... just for the laughs

well, we recently got a "bit" of an upgrade.

Feels like worlds apart, max out at around 18 Mb/s down and 1,5 Mb/s up.

Also includes flat for phone, net and an "entertain"-package which includes 80 channels hd-tv-programm with free receiver. Oh, and no d/l-limits. And the icing is.... it costs less than before A mere 39 € a month. Needless to say we are very happy with it. Sure, there are a lot of ragers with way better cons, but still...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 11:05 AM   #140
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post

At $900/month, it better be!
$900/month for that?
Old May 7, 2013, 11:07 AM   #141
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

holy sh****t i would never pay anything near to that. But i guess it's business-con....so who cares?

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 11:49 AM   #142
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Meh, not too bad but not too good either. Having some issues with the WLAN down/upstream speeds (100/50 connection) (ping is sub 1ms so it doesn't register, fibre ftw).

Then again, it's also less than 1/10th of the price Hidavi pays
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 12:25 PM   #143
Eisberg
Brrrrr

The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old May 7, 2013, 05:42 PM   #144
Ryoko
Excessively retarded

Ryoko is still being judged by the masses

paying $75/mo for 100/20...
Intel i7 2700k CPU @4.6GHz, Radeon HD6950 GPU, Mushkin 7-8-7-24 1.6GHz RAM, 20.3TB HDD+SSD (16.3TB usable), 33k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU @4.4GHz, Radeon HD5870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, 2TB HDD 29k PPD Intel C2D E7500 CPU, Radeon HD5770 GPU, 1.06GHz RAM, 1TB HDD, 3k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU, Radeon HD6870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, .75TB HDD, 20k PPD
All folding for Rage3d.
"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world."
I remember when movies had plots and video games didn't.
Ryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 05:50 PM   #145
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Phone. ATT LTE

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

EDIT** Home

Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : May 7, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 07:08 PM   #146
Sammy Sung
Radeon R300

Sammy Sung is still being judged by the masses

100/100 mbit

45$ /mo
Sammy Sung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 07:26 PM   #147
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Sung View Post

100/100 mbit

45$ /mo
* eleventy-billion
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 07:35 PM   #148
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
$900/month for that?
That's a client's connection; its guaranteed 99.9% uptime and 85Mbps minimum at all times. Also its midtown where everything costs an arm and a leg...
Old May 7, 2013, 07:39 PM   #149
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

$50/mo for 30/4
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 09:25 PM   #150
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

~$45