Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 7, 2011, 06:00 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I upgraded to Road Runner's Extreme 30/5 service today.

However, I do not have a new modem yet and unfortunately (contrary to the reps advice and a wasted trip to their office) could not pick up a DOCSIS 3 modem (it's tech install only...bleh).

So I am stuck with my old Motorola 5100 getting this:

A tech is coming out tomorrow with my new modem.

*sigh*
So I got the modem installed today (still not sure why they wouldn't let me do it.....)

My next problem is that I am only getting around 20mbps over wireless. I guess I will have to switch over to N at some point. Bleh. I liked my old crappy router with Tomato on it.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2011, 03:27 PM   #92
confusedsoul
Radeon Sea Islands

confusedsoul can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyconfusedsoul can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

We just received a free upgrade (is $45/mo) to 30/5 from 20/2:

I also need to upgrade to N now.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:08 AM   #93
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Problem?

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:10 AM   #94
Soulkrusha
Radeon Arctic Islands

Soulkrusha is still being judged by the masses

Soulkrusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:22 AM   #95
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Anyone with Speedboost related crap should take one of the big tests at testmy.net to get a real result, not some overblown one
That site is messed up I can download at 2 megs a second and it said only 1 meg.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:02 AM   #96
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad2owns View Post
That site is messed up I can download at 2 megs a second and it said only 1 meg.
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

I got better results with this test

Last Result:
Download Speed: 5286 kbps (660.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 589 kbps (73.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

(From mah phone)
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:18 AM   #97
TriGGlety
Banned

TriGGlety is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies

Here, tell you a story. Me bing dumb back in 2001. I switched from 56k modem, too 64k Optical conenction, thinking it would be better. NTL woot.

Happy with my speed atm. Jesus, back in early 00s, I used to leave my PC on all night just to get a 700mb game. Lozerz at that.

Dirt 3, took one morning to download from Steam. Dont get any better.
And thats Virgins Media's lowest net speed offering. £21 a month. Iv won. 50meg is there max. Insane!

Last edited by TriGGlety : Aug 10, 2011 at 11:22 AM.
TriGGlety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:14 PM   #98
chigger_ns
Do the Xmas Cart-moon

chigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:03 PM   #99
CyanBlues
Radeon Northern Islands

CyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

http://testmy.net/

this has always been more accurate, esp for people with comcrap and speedboost
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:51 PM   #100
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I miss my 40Mbit Download and 8Mbit Upload speed that I had just a few weeks ago, and the even more sad thing is I am still paying the same price for my 20Mbit download, 862Kbit upload.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:02 PM   #101
Desibabu
Fruitcake Man

Desibabu is still being judged by the masses

You people have some fast internet. I thought I was blazing with this:

When you stand for what you believe in and find the strength to do what's right, that's Turtle Power!
Desibabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:31 PM   #102
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

At home:
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:38 PM   #103
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I don't know where the test server for testmy.net is, but my connection can do much better at speedtest.net (local server).

No dumb speed boost on FiOS.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:48 AM   #104
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:05 PM   #105
Kovster
SV650s

Kovster is still being judged by the masses

Just did a speedtest on my phone.

I have the LG Revolution 4G LTE.
Kovster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:16 AM   #106
m4trix
Banned

m4trix is still being judged by the masses

m4trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:52 AM   #107
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

This is my cable speed

I wish I had more upload speed

This is my cell phone that has unlimited data and tethering plan

I wish it had a better ping...
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 01:22 PM   #108
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

wireless 3G/4G/LTE always suck at the latency.

However, I'm not so sure about the LTE advanced if it can improves the latency.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 05:01 AM   #109
Ozilon
Radeon R700

Ozilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird sings

Last edited by Ozilon : Aug 13, 2011 at 05:04 AM.
Ozilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 08:29 AM   #110
Jandar
Old Skool Hero

Jandar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJandar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Without powerboost:

With powerboost:

When they had my area testing more channel bonding, I was getting 100/50 consistently on powerboost, 50/20 without.

I pay for a 22/5 plan.
Jandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 02:19 PM   #111
AGibbon
Radeon Northern Islands

AGibbon knows why the caged bird singsAGibbon knows why the caged bird singsAGibbon knows why the caged bird singsAGibbon knows why the caged bird singsAGibbon knows why the caged bird sings

AGibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:35 PM   #112
aRandomRobot
Coffee Adict

aRandomRobot is still being judged by the masses

So my campus decided to add WiFi to the dorms. As a result the wall Ethernet ports are way faster now since fewer people are using them

EDIT: even using a sever that is ridiculously far away it's still pretty fast

Last edited by aRandomRobot : Sep 18, 2011 at 11:39 PM.
aRandomRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 02:43 AM   #113
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

bot reported
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2011, 03:18 AM   #114
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by channal1 View Post
Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.
That ****ing bot nailed it here though. I've just met such a girl...

The girl I'm dating now makes all of my past girlfriends look like skanks.

Last edited by Arrowhead : Sep 19, 2011 at 03:20 AM.
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:58 AM   #115
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
wireless 3G/4G/LTE always suck at the latency.

However, I'm not so sure about the LTE advanced if it can improves the latency.
4g latency doesnt suck.. at least not here. Thats one of the main reasons to switch to 4g.

4g here is 20-40 ms

They just completed a whole CS tournament over 4g here in sweden to prove how good the latency is

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2011, 06:28 PM   #116
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Some of you have speeds that make me DROOL

shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:16 AM   #117
lunat!c#

lunat!c# is still being judged by the masses

Pretty racist, don't even use it that much anymore.

lunat!c# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:41 AM   #118
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

i hate you all..... and no, i'm not gonna post my speed.

Oh, well.... just for the laughs

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Last edited by Silent-Runner : Sep 21, 2011 at 11:13 AM.
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:05 PM   #119
andino
Radeon Caribbean Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:38 PM   #120
Ryoko
Excessively retarded

Ryoko is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
i hate you all..... and no, i'm not gonna post my speed.

Oh, well.... just for the laughs

right now my speeds are around that, usually lower. that is, if the speed test even finishes. pings anywhere from 30ms to 86400000ms...
Intel i7 2700k CPU @4.6GHz, Radeon HD6950 GPU, Mushkin 7-8-7-24 1.6GHz RAM, 20.3TB HDD+SSD (16.3TB usable), 33k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU @4.4GHz, Radeon HD5870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, 2TB HDD 29k PPD Intel C2D E7500 CPU, Radeon HD5770 GPU, 1.06GHz RAM, 1TB HDD, 3k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU, Radeon HD6870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, .75TB HDD, 20k PPD
All folding for Rage3d.
"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world."
I remember when movies had plots and video games didn't.
Ryoko is offline   Reply With Quote