Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Feb 8, 2019, 06:57 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Oh hay guise. Still no job from this new place. They reached out to me last Friday and said they had some requests from corporate to explain staffing needs and they're waiting for them to review the staffing needs. This is starting to get a bit annoying now, I don't know how I should even proceed here. Do I email them yet again and ask for another update? Do I let it ride? I'm going to have to continue with my filing for unemployment now and hope my asshole ex company doesn't somehow put a spin on it to deny things.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 07:21 AM   #62
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Oh hay guise. Still no job from this new place. They reached out to me last Friday and said they had some requests from corporate to explain staffing needs and they're waiting for them to review the staffing needs. This is starting to get a bit annoying now, I don't know how I should even proceed here. Do I email them yet again and ask for another update? Do I let it ride? I'm going to have to continue with my filing for unemployment now and hope my asshole ex company doesn't somehow put a spin on it to deny things.
Let it ride for now. Pestering them isn't going to speed things up, and could actually piss them off.

Good luck, ice! I've been in your shoes (and will likely be again shortly). Hang in there.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 07:40 AM   #63
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Really sorry to hear your troubles. Never tell anyone at workplace or even remotely connected to workplace about your job search. Actually I never tell anyone period. I have been a lot of stress due to switching jobs and wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Hope the new job comes through.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 9, 2019, 07:44 AM   #64
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Really sorry to hear your troubles. Never tell anyone at workplace or even remotely connected to workplace about your job search. Actually I never tell anyone period. I have been a lot of stress due to switching jobs and wouldn’t wish it on anyone. Hope the new job comes through.
This!

Good Luck ICE, I am sure something will come through, and you will be better off.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 08:59 AM   #65
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I'm going to have to continue with my filing for unemployment now and hope my asshole ex company doesn't somehow put a spin on it to deny things.
Bear in mind, if they gave you a couple of weeks notice/salary (even though you're not in the building) you might not be able to apply until that runs out as you may still be considered technically employed.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:08 PM   #66
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Let it ride for now. Pestering them isn't going to speed things up, and could actually piss them off.

Good luck, ice! I've been in your shoes (and will likely be again shortly). Hang in there.
They called me today and explained a bit more, basically saying the wife of the owner (she actually does more than he does at this stage of their lives) has to literally sign off on my application, so they can't do much to push for a faster response because her name is on the building. It's a big company that I'm sure most of you have heard of, so I'm not sure how to feel about the owner literally looking at my application and taking so long, is it good or bad?

It doesn't sound like they're actively looking at anyone else though, but would I be out of line to outright ask them that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Bear in mind, if they gave you a couple of weeks notice/salary (even though you're not in the building) you might not be able to apply until that runs out as you may still be considered technically employed.
I got my last and only check last week so I'm officially unemployed now.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:34 PM   #67
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
They called me today and explained a bit more, basically saying the wife of the owner (she actually does more than he does at this stage of their lives) has to literally sign off on my application, so they can't do much to push for a faster response because her name is on the building. It's a big company that I'm sure most of you have heard of, so I'm not sure how to feel about the owner literally looking at my application and taking so long, is it good or bad?

It doesn't sound like they're actively looking at anyone else though, but would I be out of line to outright ask them that?

Told you the Big Boss was the wife..

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:40 AM   #68
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Send naked pics for faster approval.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 07:25 AM   #69
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:

In my experience, some companies take FOREVER to make a decision and then onboard new employees. My last job took 6 weeks from interview to start. It's especially true if the final approval lies in the hands of a CEO (or his wife, lol). They are notoriously busy and flakey.

It's up to you if you want to reach out and ask for an update. I have been cautioned against doing that in the past, so I'm a "wait and see" kinda guy.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 08:48 AM   #70
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

If the job is as coveted and the company is big as you say, then I find it highly unlikely they would only look at one person at a time for the job, and there are likely lots of applicants for it.

I myself had to cancel an interview for a job because they were going to interview me on Monday morning at 9:45am. So I planned a week before and took a few hours in the morning off at work. Well literally hours before the interview they wanted to reschedule to 2pm and asked me if that would be a problem. My response was stoneface....OF COURSE THAT WOULD BE A PROBLEM! (I said it far more diplomatically of course)

When I take time off from work (where I work that is very, very hard to do) they need to keep their appointment time with me. Would they like it if I asked them to reschedule immediately before my time?

So I had to cancel and they've been trying to set up another time but they completely missed the point. I won't be able to take another few hours in the morning off like that again for a couple of months (unless I quit my job, then I can go-to all the interviews I want).

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 06:36 PM   #71
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
If the job is as coveted and the company is big as you say, then I find it highly unlikely they would only look at one person at a time for the job, and there are likely lots of applicants for it.

I myself had to cancel an interview for a job because they were going to interview me on Monday morning at 9:45am. So I planned a week before and took a few hours in the morning off at work. Well literally hours before the interview they wanted to reschedule to 2pm and asked me if that would be a problem. My response was stoneface....OF COURSE THAT WOULD BE A PROBLEM! (I said it far more diplomatically of course)

When I take time off from work (where I work that is very, very hard to do) they need to keep their appointment time with me. Would they like it if I asked them to reschedule immediately before my time?

So I had to cancel and they've been trying to set up another time but they completely missed the point. I won't be able to take another few hours in the morning off like that again for a couple of months (unless I quit my job, then I can go-to all the interviews I want).
I see it the other way, and I doubt the local branch would send multiple people to the owner of the company. I would think the local branch weeds through the interviewees and only send who they consider to corporate, otherwise I'd talk with them directly so they can see if I'm "fit". Local already did that and so did the IT manager at corporate.

Either way, I'm getting tired of this down time.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 07:01 AM   #72
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I see it the other way, and I doubt the local branch would send multiple people to the owner of the company. I would think the local branch weeds through the interviewees and only send who they consider to corporate, otherwise I'd talk with them directly so they can see if I'm "fit". Local already did that and so did the IT manager at corporate.

From the sounds of it, the boss doesn't seem convinced they need to hire ANYONE and would rather save money. She's asking for them to justify the hire. Maybe they'll convince her, maybe they won't. At this point I'd definitely keep looking and apply for unemployment. There's nothing that says you can't accept this one if they eventually offer it just because you're interviewing with other companies.

I'd leave it be with them for a couple of weeks though before asking on a status update. Don't want to be hounding them.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 03:22 PM   #73
nrs421
Radeon Arctic Islands

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:

i hope your looking for other jobs as well? dont just count on this
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2019, 03:38 AM   #74
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrs421 View Post
i hope your looking for other jobs as well? dont just count on this
agreed one this one. You got to get your options open.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:56 AM   #75
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Yeah, still applying other places. Filed for unemployment a little over a week ago. My cousin, who works there, told my dad how highly
everyone there thought of me after my interviews. I'm pretty annoyed, but what can you do.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:44 PM   #76
ice
Rage3D Spammer

I emailed them late last week and asked for an update. HR woman emailed me back and said she would check with corporate and let me know ASAP. Never heard back from her, and now checking on Indeed I see that not only is the original posting still there from 30+ days ago, but there's a new identical posting from 2 days ago.

What in the actual hell. I'm tempted to email her again and say look, if I don't have the job just tell me. There is no reason it should take this long, and I don't know why the posting would still be available or why there's even a new one.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:48 PM   #77
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Could be tangled up between people, signals crossing and such.... doesn't excuse it, but maybe explains it.

Hope you can hear for sure soon, being in limbo blows.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64

HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:50 PM   #78
ice
Rage3D Spammer

It seriously does. I'm struggling here trying to keep sane in all this down time, applying for others, waiting for unemployment to kick in (it finally did). I've been forcing myself to get up at 6AM every day just so I don't stay in bed, that's been helping a bit but it's not like I can go out and do much when I have no income.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 02:06 AM   #79
greasyhands
Vega 64

greasyhands is still being judged by the masses

I'd follow up with another email, since they were supposed to get back to you. At this point, what harm could it do. If you want it, just keep contacting them until you get an answer either way. Its possible its being bounced around until someone forgets about it.
greasyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2019, 08:41 AM   #80
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
There is no reason it should take this long, and I don't know why the posting would still be available or why there's even a new one.
There are many reasons it can take a while and not always do you ever receive a denial if they aren't interested. The main thing is don't continually spam the place as that can be a detractor for the business.

Follow up one more time after about a week and half. If you don't get anything back, then just send them a final note to say thanks for the opportunity and that you are still interested in working for them if they find a role that fits your skill set. Basically, keeping the door open.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2019, 09:24 AM   #81
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Follow up one more time after about a week and half. If you don't get anything back, then just send them a final note to say thanks for the opportunity and that you are still interested in working for them if they find a role that fits your skill set. Basically, keeping the door open.
+1

Great advice.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 05:51 PM   #82
ice
Rage3D Spammer

She got back to me.

/sigh

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 06:35 PM   #83
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Email her back and tell her it's "per se"

/LatinNazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2019, 07:53 PM   #84
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

This is the second time I have seen it where a company stated that they cannot take down the ads for looking for new hires, the other one stated for legal reasons. I always wondered what exactly are they talking about, what is actually preventing them from taking down an ad for hiring when they are not looking for new hires, and why?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2019, 04:31 AM   #85
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
Email her back and tell her it's "per se"

/LatinNazi
I was like wtf 'per say' lol

But Ice.. time to move with the other interviews etc. I has been more than a month? 2 week holiday and the whole company stands still? How are these people still in business then?
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2019, 08:45 AM   #86
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I wouldn't work for a company like that.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2019, 09:38 AM   #87
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Does she realize you are now unemployed because of their poor HR strategy?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:48 AM   #88
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
I doubt she cares. HR departments exist soley to protect the company from it's employees.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:00 AM   #89
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
I was like wtf 'per say' lol

But Ice.. time to move with the other interviews etc. I has been more than a month? 2 week holiday and the whole company stands still? How are these people still in business then?
Might be why they are still in business:

The company I am working for interviewed me, had me do the qualification testing, which I aced, as well as all the other steps in the hiring process and then everything was put on hold for over a year, because the company's CEO put out a hiring freeze. So nothing happened for almost a year and a half. (I have been with them for 2.5 years now, and most likely will retire from them when that time comes)

A company can go bankrupt by growing and expanding to fast just as easily as one who is losing business. Sometimes they just have to slow things down to keep costs and everything inline so they don't balloon out of control. I learned this lesson from my Dad, as I watched his first business go under for this very reason, which taught him a lesson. His second business (same type, different state) he is controlling it's growth, and it is flourishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I wouldn't work for a company like that.
Something could have changed in their business strategy that is out of their control, which is why he hasn't been hired yet, specially since they said that the corporate office is reevaluating their IT hiring company wide .. as an example, they could have lost a large client due to it going under, reducing their need to hire him at this time. They can't just hire him if their business road map has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Actually, no, it is the shitty company he was working for's fault, as they let him go because he was looking for another job. He would still be working there if they didn't force his notice and made it effective immediately.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 9, 2019 at 11:14 AM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2019, 02:42 PM   #90
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Yeah, not their fault I'm unemployed, that's strictly on my shithole ex employer. I can't tell them I'm sitting here with no job, if they do offer it to me they'll probably lowball me because they know I have no choice but to take it.

I don't know what to think about the situation anymore. My cousin has worked there for 15 years and praises it non stop, they just won another award for the best place to work in the area again, so they obviously have a model that's working.

Oh well. I'll just keep my search up and try not to get too down in the meantime.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.