Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Aug 13, 2020, 09:05 PM   #1741
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If the price is ridiculous or the product is otherwise bad then I will wait.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 09:20 PM   #1742
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Core components on both sides would mean I would have to put the card in the middle PCI-E slot and not the top ones like where the 2080Ti is for me. Hope this is not true or is for the Titan version.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 10:12 PM   #1743
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
You agreed that I'm flaccid?

Well, doesn't have to be

(Talking about when the 3090 is released of course )
Don't say no one agrees with you.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 13, 2020, 10:24 PM   #1744
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
Core components on both sides would mean I would have to put the card in the middle PCI-E slot and not the top ones like where the 2080Ti is for me. Hope this is not true or is for the Titan version.
I’m sure it’s going to fit in the first slot as it should. Going to be the magic of the leather jacket Going to have a fan blowing 600 Degrees on my RGB memory, needed to Cool that hot chit down anyways.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 10:29 PM   #1745
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm loyal to Nvidia because their competition rarely provide us with tech features offers significant benefit, and at many times they would only offer us Nvidia tech knock off.

Nvidia got sli? Oh look here's our knockoff version called crossfire.
Nvidia got gsync? Here's a knockoff called freesync.
Nvidia got hair works? Here's another knockoff we call tressfx.
Nvidia got Ray tracing? Well here's another one of our knockoff version, years later.

So on.

The excuse that those amd tech are open source doesn't fool me at seeing how amd almost never came up with something first. I'd give amd credits for Mantle which ultimately gave us Vulkan and Dx12, but that's only one win amongst that many loses in a decade or so.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 10:31 PM   #1746
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
Quote:
NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 3080 Ti & RTX 3080 Ampere Enthusiast Graphics Cards Feature Extremely Powerful & Compact PCB Design With A Power Delivery Made Up Of Over 20 Power Chokes
does not sound like it and it is the need for fans on both sides of that butt ugly cooler

i might make it if less than .5 inch after that i would hit memory on a C8H but i don't think so

no chance with a two sided water bock that would most likely be 300 bucks more
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 10:42 PM   #1747
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
I'm loyal to Nvidia because their competition rarely provide us with tech features offers significant benefit, and at many times they would only offer us Nvidia tech knock off.

Nvidia got sli? Oh look here's our knockoff version called crossfire.
Nvidia got gsync? Here's a knockoff called freesync.
Nvidia got hair works? Here's another knockoff we call tressfx.
Nvidia got Ray tracing? Well here's another one of our knockoff version, years later.

So on.

The excuse that those amd tech are open source doesn't fool me at seeing how amd almost never came up with something first. I'd give amd credits for Mantle which ultimately gave us Vulkan and Dx12, but that's only one win amongst that many loses in a decade or so.
Voodoo came up with SLI

and AMD tressfx was first

Quote:
The first game to use TressFX Hair was the 2013 game Tomb Raider.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TressFX

The Witcher 3 was the first nvidia hairworks game in 2015

tressfx worked fine in NV cards in Tomb Raider
hairworks only works on NV cards

AMD came up with mantle that turned into vulkan and dx12
and NV needed DX12 for RTX

NV has borrowed just as much as AMD over the years
Old Aug 14, 2020, 03:53 AM   #1748
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nvidia's Sli and 3dfx Sli are totally different methods. GeForce Sli was based on Afr, but it was project Aurora by Ati that produced the first Afr product: Rage Fury Maxx.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 04:22 AM   #1749
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I usually don't get caught up with rumor mongering but I just read there may be an external chip with the new generation, and it is classified.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 05:01 AM   #1750
oap
Radeon R300

oap is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
I usually don't get caught up with rumor mongering but I just read there may be an external chip with the new generation, and it is classified.
It's called the 'bump the price up' chip
oap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 05:57 AM   #1751
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by oap View Post
It's called the 'bump the price up' chip
Old Aug 14, 2020, 08:11 AM   #1752
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Oh no, the card is built well from the factory. I'm Bill, how can I spin this into a negative!!

Bitch bitch bitch bitch
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 08:42 AM   #1753
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Oh no, the card is built well from the factory. I'm Bill, how can I spin this into a negative!!

Bitch bitch bitch bitch

yoz
Old Aug 14, 2020, 08:56 AM   #1754
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
does not sound like it and it is the need for fans on both sides of that butt ugly cooler

i might make it if less than .5 inch after that i would hit memory on a C8H but i don't think so

no chance with a two sided water bock that would most likely be 300 bucks more
The FE cooler is growing on me, I like it, they just need to add a little RGB for me.

I highly doubt it’s not configured the same as all cards in how it will fit. It would be a serious design flaw if it didn’t fit in any slut, ah I mean slot.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Aug 14, 2020 at 09:01 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 09:16 AM   #1755
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

So Micron might have accidentally confirmed the name of the RTX 3090, the type of DDR6 and it's count.

https://videocardz.com/newz/micron-c...-gddr6x-memory

Quote:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 graphics card is listed on the Micron website with 12GB GDDR6X memory. Micron estimates that GeForce RTX 3090 will be able to break the 1 TB/s barrier with a bandwidth expected between 912 to 1008 GB/s. In order to achieve 1TB/s bandwidth, the graphics card would require a clock speed of 21 Gbps and a memory bus of 384-bit (21*384/8). The speed is clearly not yet set for the NVIDIA SKU, but it should be between 19 and 21 Gbps.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 09:23 AM   #1756
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
So Micron might have accidentally confirmed the name of the RTX 3090, the type of DDR6 and it's count.

https://videocardz.com/newz/micron-c...-gddr6x-memory

Bill enters thread....

"But [insert bad news here]...."
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:02 AM   #1757
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

$5000 space heater /bill
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:10 AM   #1758
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I'm getting addicted to rumor mongering! Potential architectural changes:

https://twitter.com/KkatCorgi/status...20100400832513

Under the sensitive content
Old Aug 14, 2020, 11:50 AM   #1759
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
The FE cooler is growing on me, I like it, they just need to add a little RGB for me.

I highly doubt it’s not configured the same as all cards in how it will fit. It would be a serious design flaw if it didn’t fit in any slut, ah I mean slot.
like toxic black mold
Old Aug 14, 2020, 12:07 PM   #1760
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
like toxic black mold
Bill you never disappoint!
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 12:17 PM   #1761
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Bill you never disappoint!
That's what all the girls say.

yoz
Old Aug 14, 2020, 12:20 PM   #1762
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Alleged NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Enthusiast Ampere Gaming Graphics Card PCB Pictured – Triple 8-Pin Connectors, Tons of Next-Gen G6 Memory
Quote:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Graphics Card's PCB Leaks Out - Dual-Sided Next-Gen G6 Memory, Triple 8-Pin Connectors & A Secondary Chip
Quote:
There's also a secondary chip that seems to be featured right underneath the GPU itself. The leaker placed an Intel CPU on top of the chip so that it doesn't get exposed but it looks like NVIDIA may offer a secondary chip that is not a part of the GPU die itself that may handle a set of specific work loads which are yet to be detailed. Other features we can expect from the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards is a fully PCIe Gen 4 compliant design and enhanced power delivery to several components on the PCB.
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-...-pcb-pictured/

now it has 525 watts of power

Old Aug 14, 2020, 12:53 PM   #1763
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

The traversal gigawatt jigawatt coprocessor could be real from long time ago leaks
Old Aug 14, 2020, 12:55 PM   #1764
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Quote:

Yes, I'm in, I'm going to make my new residents next to fermi!
Old Aug 14, 2020, 01:08 PM   #1765
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Sounds innovative with a secondary chip. I'm in!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 01:23 PM   #1766
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Dear lord these things are going to be expensive! I may need a new PSU, that 850W I was going to put in my new build probably isn't going to cut it.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 01:50 PM   #1767
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

I thought after looking at the new fan cooler arrangement that there would be some elements on the top and some on the bottom on different sides of the pcb? Maybe they're not doubling up memory and instead it's just on the bottom.

AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 02:03 PM   #1768
acroig
Master Troll

You guys see who the leaker is? Billy Billy!

yoz
Old Aug 14, 2020, 02:10 PM   #1769
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I'm already using two 1080Tis and have a window AC in that room to supplement the central air.

Bring it on, I'm ready.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 02:11 PM   #1770
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

"Intel promises enthusiast gaming GPU to take on AMD and Nvidia in 2021. It's a ray tracing three-way"

https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-xe-hpg...graphics-card/

What's the deal with Intel's gpus? Is there anything to be expected from this in 2021?