Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:17 PM   #5131
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
seems to be some people saying that video is a fake. here's another one supposedly from this new ps3 patch and it doesn't seem nerfed at all here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Picz26O0UVA
console version is so much easier to aim
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:27 PM   #5132
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

I think it's absolutely retarded to nerf the IRNV. That's how it's suppose to work. Nerfing it makes it useless and might as well just remove it from the game completely.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:51 PM   #5133
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

The Antenna on caspian for ps3 now falls at the end of a round during a scripted event. Being changed for pc and 360 "soon".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oaNDwOM9Lwo

Pity its not something you can induce, seems a bit pointless really, if they can make it a scripted event they can obviously make it fall with some c4 taking out the support brackets.

Last edited by Gerard : Nov 30, 2011 at 03:10 PM.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:09 PM   #5134
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
The Antenna on caspian for ps3 now falls at the end of a round during a scripted event. Being changed for pc and 360 "soon".
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:10 PM   #5135
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks like the range is reduced for the IRNV and maybe the contrast slightly?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:31 PM   #5136
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

That antenna was supposed to be destructible...liars.

On another note, GG's Koz1.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:03 PM   #5137
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
That antenna was supposed to be destructible...liars.

On another note, GG's Koz1.

Well it is... just scripted

As a matter of fact I like better the scripted method. The games is full of retards already we dont need another group that only focus to make the tower fall in every games.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:04 PM   #5138
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
call me crazy, but i think IR scope is fine as is.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:08 PM   #5139
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
Well it is... just scripted

As a matter of fact I like better the scripted method. The games is full of retards already we dont need another group that only focus to make the tower fall in every games.
It could be fun for 1-2 rounds and not much more after that. Sometimes you need to take time off from killing things to do silly things. Yesterday I tried to have someone jump out of their plane while flying it at me so I could get in it... my KDR took a huge hit

Kind of pulled it off though

Old Nov 30, 2011, 06:50 PM   #5140
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Is BF3 running in *32 on anyone elses 64 bit system?
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 06:56 PM   #5141
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad2owns View Post
Just checked, it does for me.

Old Nov 30, 2011, 06:57 PM   #5142
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Desperately need some friends to play this ****in game with. No one i know plays PC. I am sick and tired of ****in retards who wont join squads. I have my own server and ts server. play every night east coast time zone. the9quad is username
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 06:57 PM   #5143
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Ok thanks.
Fold On Forever!!
BF3 KOz1
Old Nov 30, 2011, 06:59 PM   #5144
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Ok thanks.
Is it supposed to run 64 native?

Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:00 PM   #5145
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Desperately need some friends to play this ****in game with. No one i know plays PC. I am sick and tired of ****in retards who wont join squads. I have my own server and ts server. play every night east coast time zone. the9quad is username
Request sent
Fold On Forever!!
BF3 KOz1
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:01 PM   #5146
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Is it supposed to run 64 native?
Every review I saw that said BF3 Devs say run in 64 bit as the optimum system, I just fig it did but it dosnt.
Fold On Forever!!
BF3 KOz1
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:33 PM   #5147
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Request sent
Ditto
Syl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:44 PM   #5148
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Just sent a request!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:56 PM   #5149
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Rage3d is awesome thanks guys
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 08:09 PM   #5150
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Removing auto join to squads was a silly move. At least it was a decent attempt to bring out some teamwork aspects without people having to "opt in". Now half the people play squadless - maybe because they forget they have to join a squad now.

Resolution is simple, put everybody in a squad. Let people make their own custom squads and lock them if they want to (max of 16 squads should be enough). Let people leave squads if they want to play lone wolf.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 08:12 PM   #5151
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Removing auto join to squads was a silly move. At least it was a decent attempt to bring out some teamwork aspects without people having to "opt in". Now half the people play squadless - maybe because they forget they have to join a squad now.

Resolution is simple, put everybody in a squad. Let people make their own custom squads and lock them if they want to (max of 16 squads should be enough). Let people leave squads if they want to play lone wolf.
Indeed. To me, the way DICE tries to "solve" problems like the Squad system reminds me of this video parodying BP's reaction to the infamous oil spill:

It seems like the solution is so simple, but DICE still manages to screw up by overthinking it.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 09:48 AM   #5152
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
BF3.exe is a 32bit exe only. Currently there is no 64bit version of this game. The game uses less then 2gigs.

Last edited by ECH1 : Dec 1, 2011 at 09:52 AM.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 02:24 AM   #5153
Chubz
Doomer

Is anyone else on the verge of just quitting this game all-together? It isn't very fun, the map design is quite bad, and the lack of team communication features makes the experience a whole lot less enjoyable even when I'm winning. I only ever have a good time when I'm chatting it up in Skype while playing and we're not being base raped or stuck with a team that forces us to work alone. Unfortunately, I only get to play that way two or three days each week. I feel that the maps are extremely old and the experience isn't tactical enough for me. If the Karkand pack doesn't introduce enough good maps or changes, I think I'm going to be one step closer to being finished with PC gaming all-together. Man, it has gone down the crapper. I never thought DICE would let us down so badly with BF3. This was the last shot to keep me interested in online gaming and it totally missed the mark. I'm not having fun with BF3 at all, even when I'm winning. I can't remember the last time I could say that about a game.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 02:36 AM   #5154
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Is anyone else on the verge of just quitting this game all-together? It isn't very fun, the map design is quite bad, and the lack of team communication features makes the experience a whole lot less enjoyable even when I'm winning. I only ever have a good time when I'm chatting it up in Skype while playing and we're not being base raped or stuck with a team that forces us to work alone. Unfortunately, I only get to play that way two or three days each week. I feel that the maps are extremely old and the experience isn't tactical enough for me. If the Karkand pack doesn't introduce enough good maps or changes, I think I'm going to be one step closer to being finished with PC gaming all-together. Man, it has gone down the crapper. I never thought DICE would let us down so badly with BF3. This was the last shot to keep me interested in online gaming and it totally missed the mark. I'm not having fun with BF3 at all, even when I'm winning. I can't remember the last time I could say that about a game.
I'm enjoying it quite a bit despite some of the obvious complaints... Maybe you should at least give it until the classic maps come out... (Back to Karkand).
Old Dec 2, 2011, 02:41 AM   #5155
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Sorry to hear that chubz, I'm still having a great time with it and playing it when I have skyrim, batman and ss3 to play. No doubt there are issues but there are some really superb moments that keep me coming back. I think the gunplay is solid and most maps are pretty good. Maybe take a break for a few weeks and come back when the back to karkand map pack is out? At least then you'll have more maps to choose from and hopefully they will be nearly as good as the BF2 versions.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 04:28 AM   #5156
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
I hate to say it, but I miss BC2... BC2 took far more skill to drop the enemy, had mostly better maps, better squading, better destruction, no fgt prone, no stupid flash lights and IRNV, mortars or claymores.. (yer it has mortars but not as ghey) I wish I could take the few things I like better in BF3 and add them to BC2, or vice versa..

I think deep down I'm a bad company man.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 06:35 AM   #5157
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Guys, BF3 doesn't start for me at all ! It just opens up Battlefieldlog web page and when I click launch Campaign it just shows "initializing" and it won't start

In Multiplayer quickmatch it just shows Matchmaking and won't start neither
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 06:42 AM   #5158
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

try repairing your bf3 installation from origin. if that doesn't work, try reinstalling the battlelog plugins and origin itself if it comes down to it.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 07:54 AM   #5159
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
try repairing your bf3 installation from origin. if that doesn't work, try reinstalling the battlelog plugins and origin itself if it comes down to it.
Thanks but I've tried all that and it still doesn't work
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2011, 08:33 AM   #5160
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

I love this game at times and then I hate it passionately. It truely is a Jekyl Hyde game. It's got some great moments then has some huge stability and mechanics problems. I hope EA and dice follow through and make it the game it could be. I'm not holding out hope, in the past Dice patches have broken as much as they fix.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote