Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 27, 2016, 07:44 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Lost power in one room and bunch of lights directly beneath said room

Question for you electrically minded...what the eff? I've lost power in one rooms(one floor up) and couple of lights directly below the room where the kitchen is located. I've checked the breakers and nothing looks tripped.
I've hit the test/reset buttons on all the gfci outlets...apart from one on on the outside at the back of the house.

I can't reset that one and there is no power out of that outlet either. I'm guessing this outlet is connected to my room somehow , maybe? it's on the same side of the house where there is no power. When I try press the test button it doesn't go in.

I've pressed the reset button but nothing changes. No power out of that outlet but I do see a small led next the reset button that's constant on.

Any thoughts?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 07:46 PM   #2
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Burnt out wire in the wall?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2016, 07:49 PM   #3
greasyhands
Vega 64

greasyhands is still being judged by the masses

Sounds like a breaker is tripped to me, or possibly failed. Have you tried resetting them? My next step would get my DVOM out and check the panel.
greasyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 27, 2016, 07:58 PM   #4
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Wires need to be coiled together to move from room to room.
However, some people use the wall plug jumper leads to do the
connection from plug to plug. This could be the source of the break.

How old is the house?
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote