Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:38 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Regarding Guardians of the Galaxy 3 it's in production right now. The hairstyle and stuff that Star Lord is rocking in Thor: Love and Thunder is his look for Guardians 3. The current release date is a tentative May 2023 unless that changes, but with this being in production and filming already I doubt it. So whatever happens with the Guardians team in Thor, will affect the roster and story in GotG 3.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6791350/
I think that’s my most anticipated Marvel film
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:39 AM   #32
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I think that’s my most anticipated Marvel film
Same. There's some rumors about the direction of the film and the story that I'm gonna have a hard time accepting after it's done, but with James Gunn directing I'm ready for whatever story he has to share with us.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:41 AM   #33
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Same. There's some rumors about the direction of the film and the story that I'm gonna have a hard time accepting after it's done, but with James Gunn directing I'm ready for whatever story he has to share with us.
Add to that the fact that an awful lot can change in a year….I hope Gunn delivers the same magic as with the first 2…
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 26, 2022, 02:08 PM   #34
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Same. There's some rumors about the direction of the film and the story that I'm gonna have a hard time accepting after it's done
Such as?

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2022, 02:53 PM   #35
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Such as?
With regards to Guardians of the Galaxy 3, I’m putting it behind a spoiler tag though I have no idea if it’s accurate or not.

Karen Gillan mentioned that she was a “flood of tears” after reading the script, and I’m pretty sure Zoe Saldana mentioned that the movie’s script was “bittersweet” when she was done with it.

Dave Bautista, the actor who plays Drax, has said that he’s done with the Marvel movies and ready to move on. Some of that came out when James Gunn was temporarily “fired” from directing Marvel movies, so maybe it was a bit out of solidarity with his colleague in seeing James Gunn leave, but there’s a rumor that it was more than just that and Dave really is going to hang up playing Drax. So the buzz is that we may see the end of the Destroyer in this movie.

There’s also a rumor Rocket’s out too after this. So we may be seeing his last appearance in the MCU as well.

The actress who plays Mantis appears to have wrapped up filming early. So either she’s not in the movie much, or something happens to her character as well.

Ultimately, it sounds like we lose several characters. My money’s on Drax & Rocket, but who really knows… I think the roster of the Guardians will change drastically after this movie, with probably Chris Pratt staying Star Lord, Zoe still playing Gamora, Karen Gillan as Nebula, and probably Groot still around, but the rest, maybe Drax, Rocket, and Mantis, all being gone after this. And Gamora likely doesn’t “join” the team, but instead has her own character arc since it’s a new version of Gamora.

A Guardians Roster where the only ones we have left from the original team is Star Lord, Groot, and Nebula, with presumably Gamora in the winds and a different person, and us losing Rocket, Drax, and Mantis, would be tough.

I’m not gonna look up links to source all of that, and it’s all rumors so who knows what’s right or wrong, but that’s what I recall seeing people talk about. When I say “I’m gonna have a hard time accepting” I just mean in the sense that if the movie goes the way some of the rumors are suggesting (under spoiler tags above) then that’s going to be a lot.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Apr 26, 2022, 05:15 PM   #36
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
With regards to Guardians of the Galaxy 3, I’m putting it behind a spoiler tag though I have no idea if it’s accurate or not.

Karen Gillan mentioned that she was a “flood of tears” after reading the script, and I’m pretty sure Zoe Saldana mentioned that the movie’s script was “bittersweet” when she was done with it.

Dave Bautista, the actor who plays Drax, has said that he’s done with the Marvel movies and ready to move on. Some of that came out when James Gunn was temporarily “fired” from directing Marvel movies, so maybe it was a bit out of solidarity with his colleague in seeing James Gunn leave, but there’s a rumor that it was more than just that and Dave really is going to hang up playing Drax. So the buzz is that we may see the end of the Destroyer in this movie.

There’s also a rumor Rocket’s out too after this. So we may be seeing his last appearance in the MCU as well.

The actress who plays Mantis appears to have wrapped up filming early. So either she’s not in the movie much, or something happens to her character as well.

Ultimately, it sounds like we lose several characters. My money’s on Drax & Rocket, but who really knows… I think the roster of the Guardians will change drastically after this movie, with probably Chris Pratt staying Star Lord, Zoe still playing Gamora, Karen Gillan as Nebula, and probably Groot still around, but the rest, maybe Drax, Rocket, and Mantis, all being gone after this. And Gamora likely doesn’t “join” the team, but instead has her own character arc since it’s a new version of Gamora.

A Guardians Roster where the only ones we have left from the original team is Star Lord, Groot, and Nebula, with presumably Gamora in the winds and a different person, and us losing Rocket, Drax, and Mantis, would be tough.

I’m not gonna look up links to source all of that, and it’s all rumors so who knows what’s right or wrong, but that’s what I recall seeing people talk about. When I say “I’m gonna have a hard time accepting” I just mean in the sense that if the movie goes the way some of the rumors are suggesting (under spoiler tags above) then that’s going to be a lot.
To be honest, Drax was pretty underwhelming in the movies. In the comics he was supposed to be able to go toe to toe with Thanos (at least for awhile) as he got stronger the closer he was in proximity to Thanos, but in the movies he was little more than a roided up guy screaming with stabby blades but pretty much lost every fight he was in. He couldn't even defeat Ronin in 1 on 1. Him getting killed off wouldn't be ideal, but it would make sense.

Mantis...well she wasn't really prominent in the movies anyway, more of a side character.

Rocket, if gone, would be the big one. Everybody loves the little sarcastic racoon with an attitude.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Apr 26, 2022 at 05:22 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 05:23 PM   #37
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
To be honest, Drax was pretty underwhelming in the movies. In the comics he was supposed to be able to go toe to toe with Thanos (at least for awhile) as he got stronger the closer he was in proximity to Thanos, but in the movies he was little more than a roided up guy screaming with stabby blades but pretty much lost every fight he was in.

Mantis...well she wasn't really prominent in the movies anyway, more of a side character.

Rocket, if gone, would be the big one. Everybody loves the little sarcastic racoon with an attitude.
Of course we have no idea how much of these rumors are going to prove to be true but I agree with you on all of that.

I thought Drax was a much better character in the first movie. Except, as you mentioned, his strength was dubious at best. I was expecting something around the Hulk level destructive force of nature and he fell far short of that. But I think, again this is just rumors… that Drax is potentially going to find out his daughter is still alive, or survived whatever happened. So there might be more to his character soon.

I loved the way they portrayed Mantis in the Guardians video game that came out recently. She still had the telepathic stuff, but was also plugged into seeing multiple realities and seeing the future, in a way, or several possible futures at the same time. Which made her weirdly the most comedic character in the game, where she’d be like: “Hopefully this is the version where you don’t kill us all” type stuff. I liked the way they handled it. With her nudging everyone along different choices and paths.

As for Rocket, yeah that’ll hurt. I think, personally, he’s the least likely to be a character who gets taken out.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old May 24, 2022, 11:17 AM   #38
Lazy8s
One day at a time

The newest official trailer looks Much better. Gives me some hope for this flick

https://youtu.be/YbqoBC3HS-g

Edit: I expected Gorr to be a bit more monstrous looking

Last edited by Lazy8s : May 24, 2022 at 11:26 AM.
Old May 24, 2022, 12:05 PM   #39
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Looks like Voldemort
Old May 24, 2022, 01:16 PM   #40
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

looks very cheesy

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2022, 01:31 PM   #41
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
looks very cheesy
They’re all cheesy. Just need to know if it’s your preferred cheese or not.
Old May 24, 2022, 04:54 PM   #42
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Looks great. Looks like Zeus is gonna die though. We'll see if he lasts longer than Mr. Fantastic though.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2022, 07:27 PM   #43
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Looks great. Looks like Zeus is gonna die though. We'll see if he lasts longer than Mr. Fantastic though.
hmm, then Thor becomes Zeus, and Jane becomes Thor... that actually makes sense.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2022, 09:12 PM   #44
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Excited about it. Let’s see.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2022, 02:05 AM   #45
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Excited about it. Let’s see.
Sundance Kid V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2022, 02:06 AM   #46
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
They’re all cheesy. Just need to know if it’s your preferred cheese or not.
i love cheese

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Old May 25, 2022, 06:40 AM   #47
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
i love cheese
Natalie Portman Cheese

Old May 25, 2022, 07:06 AM   #48
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Natalie Portman Cheese

nah, not that kind, you can have her though

Old May 25, 2022, 07:29 AM   #49
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
nah, not that kind, you can have her though
No thanks, very happy with the wife. I just think she’s cute lol.

I don’t, never have gone into any super hero movie expecting anything other than mindless, blatantly loud and stupid, but hopefully fun entertainment. That’s my hope here, just let it be fun.
Old May 25, 2022, 08:01 AM   #50
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
No thanks, very happy with the wife. I just think she’s cute lol.

I don’t, never have gone into any super hero movie expecting anything other than mindless, blatantly loud and stupid, but hopefully fun entertainment. That’s my hope here, just let it be fun.
yep, fun, mindless good entertainment, but if it's too cheesy (or too dumb, like Zohan) i'm kinda out.

Old May 25, 2022, 01:57 PM   #51
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Of course we have no idea how much of these rumors are going to prove to be true but I agree with you on all of that.
Bautista said he was getting too old to play Drax so its not like he doesnt want to play the part anymore. I think he just thinks hes getting too up there in age to maintain the physique and physical demands for the role. He might be tough to re-cast (if they can find a stocky buff guy with acting chops) if they were to keep Drax around beyond Guardians 3.

As for Rocket...they technically can still keep him, it would just be a different voice actor. I recently watched some ad for a marvel entertainment thing and the voice for rocket did not sound like Bradley Cooper, but he didnt sound too far off either.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2022, 02:30 PM   #52
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

I think Korg is one of the funniest characters in the Marvel universe. More Korg!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf2FmlGG0Tw&t
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2022, 08:49 PM   #53
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Not so sure about this one, might be ok, might not be. Gorr the God Butcher is either going to kill Thor and Jane, or he'll be severely nerfed that they will somehow pull a victory out of their asses. In the comics, Gorr defeated Thor and other Gods (even teamed up against him) many times. Even Galacticus was no match for Gorr and Thanos never tried to face him either. Gorr even killed multiple versions of Thor a few times.

I really hope they also explain how Jane is magically worthy of wielding Moljner and don't just gloss over it.

~George Carlin

Old May 30, 2022, 08:53 PM   #54
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Not so sure about this one, might be ok, might not be. Gorr the God Butcher is either going to kill Thor and Jane, or he'll be severely nerfed that they will somehow pull a victory out of their asses. In the comics, Gorr defeated Thor and other Gods (even teamed up against him) many times. Even Galacticus was no match for Gorr and Thanos never tried to face him either. Gorr even killed multiple versions of Thor a few times.

I really hope they also explain how Jane is magically worthy of wielding Moljner and don't just gloss over it.
Jane re signed. So they gave her a broken hammer to teach her a lesson.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote