Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 22, 2018, 06:24 PM   #1351
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2018, 07:26 PM   #1352
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

How 'bout taking marijuana gel caps?
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2018, 07:55 AM   #1353
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
four roses.jpg
that's some really good stuff, IMHO

wife went to store yesterday and got two bottles of jack, two bottles of bailey's, a bottle of disaronno, and a bottle of buttershots.

none of it is for us (me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:26 AM   #1354
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I wanted a bourbon rack so my dad made me this awesome one and my sister added her artistic touch by painting "Bourbon" in the back. This thing is going to be awesome when I mount it on the wall.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 02:55 PM   #1355
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Wow, that rack is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Your father and sister did an amazing job.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2018, 08:07 PM   #1356
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
Wow, that rack is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Your father and sister did an amazing job.
Yeah, my dad can pretty much make anything. I have some of that in me too, but nowhere near to his extent. As soon as I gave him a picture to go by he started working on it and had it done in a few days, but my sister didn't have time to do the artsy stuff until closer to Christmas so he saved it until then.

I'll be putting the bourbon on the top of the rack, all my special glasses and accessories in the middle, and regular rocks glasses on the bottom.

Oh, also:

Drove an hour to get it today, I've been searching for this for the better part of a month.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 08:34 PM   #1357
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

Learned to drink Bourbon in Louisville, favorite is Rowan's Creek. Tried some Ravenswood Rye in a store the other day, pleasantly surprised.
Tried several tequilas in Mexico in November, Pueblo Viejo was my favorite, followed closely by Centenario (aero). Was able to find the latter in stores here, not the first one.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2019, 08:47 PM   #1358
ice
Rage3D Spammer

I'm in the middle of a dry week, I miss my bourbon

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 08:53 AM   #1359
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I bought a bottle of Dark Horse Merlot for a steak marinade I was making. Decided to drink the bottle after.

Wine drunk is always such a happy drunk. Makes me all giggly and gay
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:15 PM   #1360
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Wooo, it's finally on the wall.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 06:21 AM   #1361
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That looks awesome
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:48 AM   #1362
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
That looks awesome
It certainly does!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:47 PM   #1363
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Corkcicle ice wedge.

https://tinyurl.com/ybzvp9q9
Old Jan 11, 2019, 09:01 AM   #1364
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Bit of a generous pour after dry week ended:

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 09:08 AM   #1365
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I’m driving down to your house to sample your selection Ice ..
Old Jan 11, 2019, 09:20 AM   #1366
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Alright Ice, you have inspired me to give bourbon and American whiskey another chance.
Lately been buying the airplane sized bottles to test but have yet to find a bourbon I like better than even a cheap scotch.

Maybe bourbon is like celery for me. I just don’t like it. Please, Ice and other bourbon drinkers, recommend a quintessential bourbon for me to try. I’ll buy a regular size bottle and really give it a chance to grow on me. Feel like I might be missing out on something good.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:14 AM   #1367
huskylord
King of Denmark

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I'll stick to beer, occasional wine and the odd mixed drinks (including girly, fruity drinks on beach vacations).

I never did develop the man gene that makes it enjoyable to ingest the hard stuff. You'd think with the way my hair receded this year that I was in my whiskey years, but c'est la vie.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 02:12 PM   #1368
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
I'll stick to beer, occasional wine and the odd mixed drinks (including girly, fruity drinks on beach vacations).

I never did develop the man gene that makes it enjoyable to ingest the hard stuff. You'd think with the way my hair receded this year that I was in my whiskey years, but c'est la vie.
Same. I never got a taste for any spirts/liquors (to harsh or too sweet). Wine has a terrible sourness to me that I've never gotten over. This list of no no's includes all mixed drinks. I need my carbonation damn it.

Weirdly enough, the only type of beer I don't like are sour beers. I'm good for anything else beer wise.
Antec Sonata 3|AMD Athlon 860k|Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H|8 gig Cruical Ballistic DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 660ti 2gb PE |LG Blu-Ray Drive/DVD Burner| ASUS XONAR DGX|Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb |Crucial M500 240gb SSD|Corisar T2 Heatsink| Logitech K840 |Razer DeathAdder 3.5g|Xbox One S Controller| Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick| Dell U2410F | Dell 2007FP| Creative T20 2.0 speakers| Windows 8.1 Pro x64 |PS3 Slim 120gb|PS4 Slim 1tb| Moto E4 w/ 64gb memory card
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2019, 04:52 PM   #1369
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

i think it's a little lame that you all are posting pics of what you are going to drink instead of posting **** when you are hammered at 6pm on a monday

Quote:
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2019, 04:18 AM   #1370
Bitey
Radeon Northern Islands

Bitey is still being judged by the masses

Just finished my 3rd vodka(absolute vodka) red bull (using soda stream redbull substitute, **** is good)

Now time to put a bag of oranges through the juicer for screwdriver hangover...

Hopefully I should pass out before I get a craving the glen morgan or old chivas...

Bought a bottle of Sullivans cove for $150 ,thought it was good so bought another bottle between the time I opened it and finished it it won best in southern hemisphere then a bunch of european awards...... was a $600 a bottle when I finished it

Last edited by Bitey : Jan 15, 2019 at 04:55 AM. Reason: beavis: hehehehe
Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2019, 09:51 PM   #1371
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGRUNT View Post
Alright Ice, you have inspired me to give bourbon and American whiskey another chance.
Lately been buying the airplane sized bottles to test but have yet to find a bourbon I like better than even a cheap scotch.

Maybe bourbon is like celery for me. I just don’t like it. Please, Ice and other bourbon drinkers, recommend a quintessential bourbon for me to try. I’ll buy a regular size bottle and really give it a chance to grow on me. Feel like I might be missing out on something good.

Thanks in advance
Most people will say Eagle Rare 10 year or Buffalo Trace are the two best deals/start bourbons out there. I bought both of them as my first two bourbons and I really didn't like them that much, go figure.

The Four Roses Small Batch was the first one I actually enjoyed, and from there I enjoy every one I've bought since. As far as which ones I'd say to introduce you?

I'd still recommend Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace because of the sheer amount of people who love them, maybe I'm just weird. Obviously Four Roses Small Batch, Basil Hayden's, and Maker's Mark are also good starter ones. Woodford Reserve is one of the only ones I know of that uses an Scottish style pot still instead of column stills when distilling, I really enjoyed the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked that I had.

Sorry if that doesn't help much. I started off not being able to stand the taste and using a ton of ice, but by the time I was onto my third bottle (not that I even finished the first two, just kept buying... hence why I have so many) I was already cutting back on the ice and graduated to only drinking neat. Right now drinking some Blanton's Single Barrel and my god it's good.

Also, picked this up with a gift card yesterday:

And added some lights to my rack:

Quote:
i think it's a little lame that you all are posting pics of what you are going to drink instead of posting **** when you are hammered at 6pm on a monday
I've yet to get drunk off whiskey.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:54 PM   #1372
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Ok I take it back. I'm had one pour of each of these except for the Blanton's, I had two of those. I am way tipsy.

7 pours total.

EDIT: I can't even math. That's 8 pours.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.

Last edited by ice : Jan 16, 2019 at 12:01 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:21 AM   #1373
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Finishing off the night with the Knob Creek 120 Proof. I am so happy dudes. This is the dunkest I've been since I was 19. Worth it.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 07:40 PM   #1374
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Bad idea drinking all that, I'm still recovering. Anyway, I got a lottery bourbon from the state store, 177 bottles were up for grabs and my submission got picked.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 09:19 PM   #1375
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Found a nice little brewery in Chengdu.

Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:08 PM   #1376
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Best distilleries in each US state . .

Ranks top ten then goes alphabetically.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 05:50 PM   #1377
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Well, it's full.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 08:28 PM   #1378
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Ice, have you had any whiskey since January's debauchery?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 09:04 PM   #1379
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
Ice, have you had any whiskey since January's debauchery?
It's a slow process back haha. Just had this, had some with dinner the other night. It's slowly coming back to me.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 09:45 PM   #1380
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

That looks beautiful.