Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:30 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Angry Parking lot jackass

We took our boys to the zoo today. On the way home afterward, kids sleeping in their car seats, my wife asked me to stop and buy some flour/sugar/eggs so she could make some zucchini bread. So we stop and she waits in the car w/ the sleeping beauties while I go inside.

When I exit the store, I see my wife standing behind our car. She does NOT look happy. Then she tells me that I'm not going to be happy either. Not good. Apparently someone shoved a cart across the lot and into the back of our 8mo old 2006 Honda Odyssey, the first new car we've ever owned. The cart struck above the bumper, putting in a big deep scratch and a huge dent in the door panel. My wife jumped out of the car as soon as the cart impacted, but the POS person was already gone. We weren't double parked. We weren't parked next to a cart return so it wasn't an accident. Some jerk saw a new car and the rest is history. Thanks a lot.

Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:36 PM   #2
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

You sure they did it on purpose? I don't know why anybody would do something like that on purpose.... well, except if it was some kid...we all know kids these days are no good!
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:39 PM   #3
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust
You sure they did it on purpose? I don't know why anybody would do something like that on purpose.... well, except if it was some kid...we all know kids these days are no good!
Nope, can't say for sure, but the location of the car makes that highly unlikely or incredibly unlucky.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:40 PM   #4
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Are you sure your wife just didn't get out of the car and slam a cart into it for some strange reason? Women can be crazy at times just like men!
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:43 PM   #5
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
Are you sure your wife just didn't get out of the car and slam a cart into it for some strange reason? Women can be crazy at times just like men!
Based on the look she gave me when I asked her that just now ... unlikely.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:44 PM   #6
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

Maybe they have a camera in that lot and you can get the tape and find out the truth!
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:46 PM   #7
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Maybe they have a camera in that lot and you can get the tape and find out the truth!
QFT.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:47 PM   #8
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorXtar
QFT.
QFT that's QFT
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:48 PM   #9
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
budget place and i didn't see any cameras, but will call. not sure what if anything they can or would do though.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:49 PM   #10
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My mom had someone do the same thing but she caught the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:51 PM   #11
ATi VGA Wonder

Lupine, alientank should be able to tell you how his mother caught the guy. If you can't catch the guy then it's his fault.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:52 PM   #12
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Lupine, alientank should be able to tell you how his mother caught the guy. If you can't catch the guy then it's his fault.
Cool. I'll send him a copy of the bill.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:55 PM   #13
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Maybe you should've gotted the shopping cart for prints?

And ask the peoples to let you see the security tapes. If they have any.
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:57 PM   #14
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:

Sir, we have all the suspects lined up here for you. The line continues around the corner and down the street.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 06:58 PM   #15
DorXtar
SMILE!

Well... you would only get the freshest prints of course...

-RFtinkerer

Old Aug 5, 2006, 07:40 PM   #16
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Lupine, is the parking lot at all hilly? It's quite possible the cart just rolled down toward your car. I live in a hilly city and I've witnessed this very event.
Quote:
Way to hedge your bets, coward.

jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 08:01 PM   #17
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy
Lupine, is the parking lot at all hilly? It's quite possible the cart just rolled down toward your car. I live in a hilly city and I've witnessed this very event.
I've seen the wind grab a cart and just whip it across the parking lot. I actually had to catch it before it cracked into a car.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 08:15 PM   #18
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21
I've seen the wind grab a cart and just whip it across the parking lot. I actually had to catch it before it cracked into a car.
Not sure which is worse, being victim of a random event or the actions of a parking lot jackass. At least in my version I get to be mad at someone.

At the end of the day I'm still going to have a nasty repair bill.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 08:52 PM   #19
fluorescenthat
Rage3D Veteran

fluorescenthat is still being judged by the masses

Thats what insurance is for.
It shouldn't cost more than 300$ anyways.
fluorescenthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 09:00 PM   #20
Uber_Tiny
WTF DID I STEP IN

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Don't forget that wind plays a nasty games with carts that are not secure.

Couple years ago I watched a cart go across a parkinglot at about mach 10 with some guy chasing after it. Completely empty. The cart won, striking it's target with a fearious blow to the side door.

Completely dented the entire side of the door so much it looked like a car not a cart hit it. It was loud to. and yeah I laughed.

Sorry for your luck man.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 09:16 PM   #21
Riker.R3D
Lurky the Lurking Lurker

Riker.R3D is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Yes! Call in the forensics team! This is the case of the century!
Riker.R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 09:54 PM   #22
NonSoft
Poison Tester

NonSoft is still being judged by the masses

Depending on the weather conditions and the parking lot terrain you certainly can't rule out it being an accident. Ofcourse that is why they make the cart docks, so whoever didn't park their cart correctly is still to blame.

If it wasn't an accident though, hopefully you are able to track down the person who did it. Body work is so expensive and incredibly frustrating when it involves stupid incidents like this.

Good luck.

NonSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 10:09 PM   #23
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Sorry about that Lupine.. I hope the jackass gets caught and beaten because of it.

But hey, look at the bright side: If you WERE there when it happened, you'd probably lay the smack down on the person that did it and be in even DEEPER CRAP.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 10:37 PM   #24
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker.R3D
Yes! Call in the forensics team! This is the case of the century!
And they should call the SWAT when they arrest the culprit.

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 11:05 PM   #25
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by genci88
And they should call the SWAT when they arrest the culprit.
Thanks for the advice. Now I've been charged w/ wasting SWAT's valuable time.

No, we won't file an insurance claim on it. IIRC our deductible is $500 and relatively small claims like this would be become problematic if something more serious happens later. Insurance FTL.

Even if it is *only* $300 ... it is still $300 that could be spent on something more important. Especially frustrating when the cost is incurred because someone either maliciously or negligently caused this to happen.

Even more frustrating is that this isn't the only thing like this we're dealing with right now. We're also having to replace a front window, at the cost of ~$500, after having someone shoot a pellet through it a few months after it was installed (we installed new windows throughout our home). Its frustrating to sacrifice in order to save up enough money to buy something just to have it damaged/ruined by the thoughtless acts of another person.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 01:53 AM   #26
Deftones
Boned

Deftones is still being judged by the masses

i sort of understand why people care about the look of their vehicle, though luckily I dont give a **** about what happens to my truck which is what I drive 99% of the time. My car on the other hand... if someone were to strike it with a cart I woulda hire a private investigator and team him up with a hitman.
Deftones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 02:43 AM   #27
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

New cars are magnets for these morons. No respect for other people's properties.