Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 20, 2019, 07:51 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Default Not sure where to put this, but in the last week, AMD hit a historical high!

AMD beats it's previous all time high of 40.88$ in May 1st 2000 and is now
at 44.15$ as of today!

They actually beat their Dot Com Bubble value
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2019, 08:48 PM   #2
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Now if they could just release a desktop gaming card to compete against a 2080 Ti Super...

The V2 was and is a pro card that AMD gimped for gaming by disabling the devolved rendering hardware in it, aka Navi bits... So it's barely faster than a 5700K but it's smoother but a 2070 Super is faster too often. Though for rendering and compute, the V2 crushes the Titan, you actually have to go to a Volta based solution for NV to be faster that way.

I just want VRS, RTRT and 384bit or HBM

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2019, 09:02 PM   #3
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
Now if they could just release a desktop gaming card to compete against a 2080 Ti Super...

The V2 was and is a pro card that AMD gimped for gaming by disabling the devolved rendering hardware in it, aka Navi bits... So it's barely faster than a 5700K but it's smoother but a 2070 Super is faster too often. Though for rendering and compute, the V2 crushes the Titan, you actually have to go to a Volta based solution for NV to be faster that way.

I just want VRS, RTRT and 384bit or HBM
Forget it, the best consumers should actually hope is for amd to continue pushing the best division they have today, trying to fight on 2 fronts against bigger enemies is unsustainable.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 20, 2019, 09:11 PM   #4
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Having the 5700's performance at that price point WHILE slapping team blue is quite a feat as it is...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2019, 09:28 PM   #5
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
AMD beats it's previous all time high of 40.88$ in May 1st 2000 and is now
at 44.15$ as of today!

They actually beat their Dot Com Bubble value
I remember when I sunk a few grand into AMD at $1.98/share. I made a small fortune off of that.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2019, 02:32 AM   #6
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
Forget it, the best consumers should actually hope is for amd to continue pushing the best division they have today, trying to fight on 2 fronts against bigger enemies is unsustainable.
Yeah, while they somehow build rather impressive GPUs for consoles...

The Xbox 1X GPU basically crapped on everything Polaris based, and used less power.

The Xbox SeX gets a GPU that's got more capabilities than a 5700 XT.

Heatware
Old Dec 23, 2019, 05:05 PM   #7
Jay20016
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I remember when I sunk a few grand into AMD at $1.98/share. I made a small fortune off of that.
Really wish I'd have gotten in earlier. Sitting on about 100 shares now that about half were picked up when it was hovering around $12, but the others when it had gotten up to $22. Nice growth on the first set, pretty good on the second, just hoping it can go higher =D
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2019, 05:19 PM   #8
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Love seeing real competition out there and rocking AMD chips in my PC!!! Even if my video is still team green for now.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 05:48 PM   #9
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Love seeing real competition out there and rocking AMD chips in my PC!!! Even if my video is still team green for now.
Boo!

Don't tell me you went and paid the nVidiot tax on their closed source RT tech!

Heatware
Old Dec 23, 2019, 05:53 PM   #10
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Boo!

Don't tell me you went and paid the nVidiot tax on their closed source RT tech!

when AMD killed crossfire they forced it .
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2019, 06:03 PM   #11
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
when AMD killed crossfire they forced it .
It's true but NV killed SLI too!

Heatware
Old Dec 23, 2019, 07:36 PM   #12
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
It's true but NV killed SLI too!
nope

AMD did Mantle that needed the game developers to do multi gpu and Mantle turned into DX12 & Vulkan

NV killed SLI after Mantle and the writing was on the wall with DX12

but AMD did get the red balls rolling on SLI & CFX

till both go MCM almost top to bottom and force the game developers hand multi gpu is dead mostly because of AMD
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2019, 07:38 PM   #13
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
Really wish I'd have gotten in earlier. Sitting on about 100 shares now that about half were picked up when it was hovering around $12, but the others when it had gotten up to $22. Nice growth on the first set, pretty good on the second, just hoping it can go higher =D
I bought a bunch $$ of stock when it was $1.98, reasoning that it had far more upward potential than downward... plus it was in the season when Zen had already been finished but not yet officially benchmarked... it seemed like a very strong buy for me at that time. I hoped that it could go up to $10.

I sold chunks of it over time, as it continued to go up and up. I sold the majority of my remaining shares when they hit $30... I figured it was smart to take profits at that time, even though I though it might go up a bit farther. When I've already made 15x profit, waiting to see it it goes up another 20% seems like a bit of a risk. I still think AMD might go up to $50, but I don't think it'll hi $60.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : Dec 24, 2019 at 12:48 AM.
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2019, 08:52 PM   #14
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
nope

AMD did Mantle that needed the game developers to do multi gpu and Mantle turned into DX12 & Vulkan

NV killed SLI after Mantle and the writing was on the wall with DX12

but AMD did get the red balls rolling on SLI & CFX

till both go MCM almost top to bottom and force the game developers hand multi gpu is dead mostly because of AMD
DX12 has mutli-gpu support built into it!

Mantle was so much better than OGL and DX11... So... I'm conflicted...

Heatware