Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jul 21, 2016, 08:47 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Default Want to splurge on hapa's face, I mean his monitor & gfxcard

Current specs are to the left.

So I've got a mad itch to get dat x34 1440p ultrawide goodness along with a 1080, the twinfrozr coz I believe it's the only one that is under eleven inches in length and I can't take anything longer than that.

I should be ok with that cpu right? I was contemplating on getting parts for a whole new build but that's out of budget at the moment and for the foreseeable future what with student loans.

This is the monitor right? http://www.ncix.com/detail/acer-pred...-fa-118287.htm

I seem to remember there was another similar one with same specs but from a different company?
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2016, 08:52 PM   #2
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Other one is ASUS PG348Q.
Get it. Upgrade CPU and MOBO and RAM later.

Also who buys from ncix. Get it from Amazon.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2016, 08:56 PM   #3
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Other one is ASUS PG348Q.
Get it. Upgrade CPU and MOBO and RAM later.

Also who buys from ncix. Get it from Amazon.
Prices on amazon are a bit higher for me than on ncix.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 21, 2016, 08:57 PM   #4
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Aren't you in US of Gay? Or Canuckistan?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 08:59 PM   #5
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

on newegg the monitor is the same price but the vid card is cheaper. So I'll probably order from there, though ncix has always priced matched newegg for me in the past.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 08:59 PM   #6
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Quote:
Aren't you in US of Gay? Or Canuckistan?
yeah i'm in Canada
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:13 PM   #7
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Hmm read some reviews on the x34 and they're saying there maybe artifacts on the ui in games because of the curvature of the display. Any truth to this?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:20 PM   #8
KAC
That postcount though...

No.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:40 PM   #9
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Old Jul 22, 2016, 12:21 AM   #10
KAC
That postcount though...

Congrats man. That's tight!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 12:27 AM   #11
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

That is more than I payed for the last time I built a rig including a monitor. Insane.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 06:57 AM   #12
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

You will need a second 1080. Unless you like Xbox quality graphics
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2016, 07:42 AM   #13
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
You will need a second 1080. Unless you like Xbox quality graphics
og xbox am i rite?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 08:49 AM   #14
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

dat gsync tax is just terrible. I paid $1098 for the freesync version of the x34
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2016, 08:59 AM   #15
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Those prices are crazy. I paid $1300 US after tax for the monitor a month ago.. Pretty absurd. 1 1080 will almost be enough at 3440. It's very close.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2016, 09:04 AM   #16
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

lol this is so far out of my league it's not even funny.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 09:10 AM   #17
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Those prices are crazy. I paid $1300 US after tax for the monitor a month ago.. Pretty absurd. 1 1080 will almost be enough at 3440. It's very close.
with gysnc its more than enough. My peasant 290s are still adequate at that res thx to fs.
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2016, 09:18 AM   #18
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Congrats.

But jesus christ dude I didn't know you were rich.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2016, 09:26 AM   #19
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
with gysnc its more than enough. My peasant 290s are still adequate at that res thx to fs.
Eh. I've looked at the numbers and it's okay. The Pascal TITAN will have the steady performance I want. The 1080 barely cuts it right now.

My single 980TI is adequate I guess, but with a 100Hz monitor I want 80FPS to take advantage of that. My 980TI gives me a steady 40-55 in Witcher 3. 1080 is like 70s. TITAN will be a steady 85-100
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:21 AM   #20
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Congrats.

But jesus christ dude I didn't know you were rich.
Oh I am far from rich man, this is gonna set me back
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:26 AM   #21
KAC
That postcount though...

No dope for you for 3 months
Old Jul 22, 2016, 02:51 PM   #22
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Quote:
No dope for you for 3 months

edit: no dope for me for the past 5 years. (I feel like I have to reaffirm that here every so often )

Last edited by ThirdEye : Jul 22, 2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 03:15 PM   #23
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Ah, stepping up to the Big Boy 21:9 congrats. Im waiting for the next iteration of 21:9 monitors before I upgrade. I want that 42 inch 21:9 if it ever hits. Same vertical as a 30 inch monitor.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2016, 04:19 PM   #24
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Ah, stepping up to the Big Boy 21:9 congrats. Im waiting for the next iteration of 21:9 monitors before I upgrade. I want that 42 inch 21:9 if it ever hits. Same vertical as a 30 inch monitor.
my penis is still bigger.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Jul 22, 2016, 05:47 PM   #25
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
my penis is still bigger.
That's not what Sey said.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2016, 10:22 AM   #26
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Wow my psu bit the dust last night. Started making noises like this:

it's a sign that I need a whole new system right
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:12 AM   #27
KAC
That postcount though...

I hope it destroyed your CPU, MOBO and RAM also...
Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:02 PM   #28
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
I hope it destroyed your CPU, MOBO and RAM also...
As do I.

I may know a guy selling a 450w PSU.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 03:48 PM   #29
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Picked up a new psu in a local pc shop this morning (thermaltake 750 80gold) all is good
What's wrong with my ram? 32 gigs baby. Dem subdivions in zbrush go high!

Yo get this, the shop had a small game library and the prices were astronomical. 24.99 for the first GRID game! 44.99 for Splinter Cell Double Agent! bahhahaha

Out of curiosity I asked them how much a 1080 twinfrozr and the acer x34 would cost if I were to order from them. The guy tacked on 100 dollars on both for what I already paid to ncix

Last edited by ThirdEye : Jul 23, 2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 02:34 PM   #30
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

When the new display arrives, I'm thinking of getting a stand for my current 29" ultrawide and setting it up in portrait orientation for when working with portrait images, maybe it'll be useful for other things as well. I don't want to spend too much on a stand so I guess something in the 50-60 dollar range would be decent? http://www.staples.ca/en/Fellowes-Fl...8_2-CA_1_20001