Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 7, 2018, 03:29 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default I need an android keyboard

Don't even mention Swiftkey. I ****ing hate it and its inability to have anything but letters on the main keyboard. Either give me a number row or let me long press and show me what the hell I'm going to get when I do a long press.

The Samsung keyboard is exactly the layout I but the auto correct and prediction is ****.

Why is it so difficult to have a decently sized keyboard with long press capability? I despise typing on phones. They keep making them taller and no ****ing wider for men with normal sized hands.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2018, 08:24 PM   #2
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Don't even mention Swiftkey. I ****ing hate it and its inability to have anything but letters on the main keyboard. Either give me a number row or let me long press and show me what the hell I'm going to get when I do a long press.

The Samsung keyboard is exactly the layout I but the auto correct and prediction is ****.

Why is it so difficult to have a decently sized keyboard with long press capability? I despise typing on phones. They keep making them taller and no ****ing wider for men with normal sized hands.
You can add the Number row in Swiftkey's typing settings. Swiftkey does let you long press and shows what you get when you do. You can also resize the Keyboard.

Search for Swiftkey in your app list to get to the settings. You can customize the layout to your liking.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w

Last edited by 0091/2 : Jan 7, 2018 at 08:49 PM.
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2018, 08:32 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Swiftkey is really bad on Android nowadays. It's not accurate at all, comes up with stupid suggestions, and tracks my finger input extremely poorly. It's weird because it's way better on the iPhone.

I'm using the stock Google one right now, it's decent, much better at swipe typing than Swiftkey.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 8, 2018, 07:19 AM   #4
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
You can add the Number row in Swiftkey's typing settings. Swiftkey does let you long press and shows what you get when you do. You can also resize the Keyboard.

Search for Swiftkey in your app list to get to the settings. You can customize the layout to your liking.

SwiftKey doesn't have key hints on all the time. Long pressing just to see what the options are is useless when you have to go through 15 keys to find the one that comma is on.

Maybe I just forgot the number row because I always had to go to the second screen to add a damn symbol. It's just a stupidly thought out keyboard for all the other customization it has. Something as simple as tool tips on display like my image above should be the norm.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:25 AM   #5
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post

SwiftKey doesn't have key hints on all the time. Long pressing just to see what the options are is useless when you have to go through 15 keys to find the one that comma is on.

Maybe I just forgot the number row because I always had to go to the second screen to add a damn symbol. It's just a stupidly thought out keyboard for all the other customization it has. Something as simple as tool tips on display like my image above should be the norm.
You don't have to go thru 15 keys to find the comma. It's on the same location as the Samsung keyboard. I don't understand your problem. it looks just like the Samsung keyboard. What are key hints? Are you talking about the second keys above the letters?

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:39 PM   #6
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Well the swiftkey I had did not have those tips on display full time. Maybe I missed that setting but I looked everywhere. If I still had it installed I'd show you, but now I guess I'll go reinstall it and take a look. They were all blank keys for me.

EDIT: Yep, what the ****. I must have been stuck on an old version or something because all the keys were blank aside from letters. Now it actually may be usable.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.