Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Dec 20, 2017, 07:52 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default If Apple Were 100% Honest With Us... (2017 Edition)

The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2017, 08:51 AM   #2
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

I thought you were going to post this:

somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2017, 07:09 PM   #3
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 22, 2017, 07:40 AM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Nice

They should pay for my new android.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 07:18 PM   #5
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Old Dec 27, 2017, 09:44 AM   #6
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Surprised actually.
Apple users are usually ok with living in this walled garden, and letting Apple dictate to them what apps are ok to use/not use, what features they want/don't want, how to hold/not hold their phones, etc.

Surprised to see that the Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field that he cast lo these many years ago is starting to weaken ...
Old Dec 27, 2017, 09:53 AM   #7
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:04 AM   #8
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewon View Post
Quote:
If an iPhone X user hasn't purchased AppleCare+ (the tech giant's insurance policy) or doesn't have a valid warranty, repairing just the screen will set them back $418.95.
Jeez! That's almost what I paid for my phone! And I'm much happier with my PH1 than my buddy is with his iphone x
Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:25 AM   #9
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Jeez! That's almost what I paid for my phone! And I'm much happier with my PH1 than my buddy is with his iphone x
Yep, that's an absurd cost, considering all in, the phone only costs $480 or so to manufacture (source is based on the Australian market though, so i believe the US costs are different/lower)

Anecdote...I've had one colleague return their iPhone X and opt for a Note8 after playing with mine for a bit, but I'm sure the PH1 or any number of other Android devices on the market today would appeal to those Apple users who are curious about what the other side has to offer.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 03:43 PM   #10
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewon View Post
Yep, that's an absurd cost, considering all in, the phone only costs $480 or so to manufacture (source is based on the Australian market though, so i believe the US costs are different/lower)

Anecdote...I've had one colleague return their iPhone X and opt for a Note8 after playing with mine for a bit, but I'm sure the PH1 or any number of other Android devices on the market today would appeal to those Apple users who are curious about what the other side has to offer.
They sure do, and anecdotes are good here lol. It was Elysian posting his experiences and my nephews girl who has an S8 that convinced me.

I think, based on conversations I hear as my whole company uses iphones, that folks who haven't used an Android device in ~3 years or so have a tough time shaking memories of some of the old issues we had. That was certainly true in my case.

Having done so though, color me an ardent Android user from here on out.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 07:18 PM   #11
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Dec 29, 2017, 08:34 AM   #12
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It is a nice gesture by them. The lawsuits against them are not going to go anywhere though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2017, 09:52 AM   #13
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
It is a nice gesture by them. The lawsuits against them are not going to go anywhere though.
Well, they got caught. In fairness though, maybe they'll be a bit more open the next time they see the need to roll something out that has an adverse impact on their customer's experience.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:30 AM   #14
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

I wonder why the **** if they're throttling the phones because of battery wear, every new iOS version has much worse battery drain?
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2017, 03:10 PM   #15
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicalking View Post
I wonder why the **** if they're throttling the phones because of battery wear, every new iOS version has much worse battery drain?
It was noticeable within a couple of hours of the update.

No matter. They'd have to use Android OS on their phones and beat Essential on the price to get this ex customer back. So thanks Apple - loving the Android phone you pushed me to.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 05:37 PM   #16
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

My battery life slowly improved after the update - I don't know if it's as good as it was pre-iOS11 though ..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2017, 05:27 PM   #17
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

We understand user frustration and we believe this should not have happened at all. This is unfortuate because we had the best interest of our customers user experiences in mind.

Unfortunately we have underestimated the intelligence of the general public as we have not anticipated the amounts of consumers who wishes to remain on their current devices for more than 1 year at a time. It is not our intention to degrade the experience however we had believed that when the time has come that we deemed the experience unacceptable we wished that all of the users would simply just purchase new devices and maintain the strong desire to remain within the apple family. The push to conform did not go as intended and as such we will be monitoring and adapting to the changes required to maintain a strong relationship with our users.

As a token of our gratitude we would like to extend our sincerest apologies:
"We're sorry"
And we would also like to extend this olive branch allowing our users to replace their batteries absolutely free (subject to apple eco tax of 39.99)
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2018, 06:44 AM   #18
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Apple devices that are still second to none:
- iPad (for portable video consumption and web surfing)
- Apple TV 4K (for affordable 4K movies and seamless interface)

Other than that, I constantly ask myself why I'm still bothering with Apple's ecosystem. Android phone makers are aiming for more vanilla UIs and constant maintenance is no longer a necessity for the majority of flagships. iPhones no longer have the best mobile cameras in low-light. OSX will never be my cup of tea.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote