Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:55 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
My iphone x is back in the box and craiglisted. Done with that noise lol. Iphone 8 plus back in rotation.
What didn't you like about the X?
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2017, 01:55 PM   #32
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
What didn't you like about the X?
I don't like the loss of touch id. I hate having to lift the phone or go tapping at it. That's a lg thing I didn't like either (but at least that gave me a notification light or secondary screen on the v20). Using it I feel like the screen size outside of updated apps it's more like a bigger iphone 8 in terms of screen estate. I got use to the gestures but just not feeling it. I need like a plus size version of the x to actually like it. Overall feel in the hand and camera, I like it. Outside of that, the plus is a better phone. The screen is something I forget about after using it. It's a good screen but not amazing in my eyes, just like the plus screen good but not amazing. It's better than the lcd for sure but as a guy who's owned every galaxy phone it doesn't phase me.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2017, 02:56 PM   #33
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
I don't like the loss of touch id. I hate having to lift the phone or go tapping at it. That's a lg thing I didn't like either (but at least that gave me a notification light or secondary screen on the v20). Using it I feel like the screen size outside of updated apps it's more like a bigger iphone 8 in terms of screen estate. I got use to the gestures but just not feeling it. I need like a plus size version of the x to actually like it. Overall feel in the hand and camera, I like it. Outside of that, the plus is a better phone. The screen is something I forget about after using it. It's a good screen but not amazing in my eyes, just like the plus screen good but not amazing. It's better than the lcd for sure but as a guy who's owned every galaxy phone it doesn't phase me.
I picked up my 6S Plus for the first time since Nov 3. My god, the thing is a brick. I guess I just wanted a bigger screen. The thing is humungous.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 16, 2017, 03:22 PM   #34
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
I picked up my 6S Plus for the first time since Nov 3. My god, the thing is a brick. I guess I just wanted a bigger screen. The thing is humungous.
It's a tall phone and it's shape never made it easy on the hands in width. However, I was a note user since the first gen so the iphone plus size never really bothered me. I like iphone x size though, but it really needs work. The notch is meh, I can live with it. Apple needs to learn the concept of a notification light, it's annoying to not have one (I have the apple watch but I don't wear the watch at home), if it had like an always on display function it would help at least. I don't care about price as that's whatevers in my eyes. However, for people who pay 1250 after tax like I did this is crap for the money. Not total crap but this is more like a 800 dollar phone in my eyes for what it does. Speedy, good cam, good display, + apple tax should be 800. We got 600 dollar phones that do the same thing come on apple.

Old Nov 19, 2017, 08:58 AM   #35
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Got my X yesterday, nice phone. No lag but still learning the interface been a while since I used iOS.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 01:13 AM   #36
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

3 years ago my wife and I got our first smartphones. My wife got the iphone 5s, and I got the Moto X (2nd Generation). For the andriod I loved it, it was easy to use, very user friendly and everything I wanted to do with it was very intuitive.

The iphone though, it was the biggest piece of garbage ever. It was not user friendly and it was very non-intuitive. I really felt like Apple went out of their way to make the thing very unfriendly. It also felt like so much of the space on it was taken up by Apples junk that my wife didn't want.

My wife has an android now. She is much happier with it, I am much happier with it, everything she wants to do with her phone is easy, user friendly, and very intuitive.

Will never go to Apple ever again.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:47 AM   #37
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberryphone View Post
curve to bold to torch to storm to z10 to z30 to passport.

damn, it's been 10 years, son.
Haha, Quark (6230) to 7220 to Pearl to Bold to Bold Touch to Q10 to Priv
They were work provided untill the Bold Touch which I kept and stayed with BB going forward.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2017, 09:16 PM   #38
blackberryphone
Radeon R300

blackberryphone is still being judged by the masses

How is that new OS for you and the transition from bb10>?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 03:05 PM   #39
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Regarding the OP, Elysian's experiences + everything I've read about the Essential + Apple pissing me off yet again today - Loving this new Android phone.

Nothing to add that hasn't been said, and have a learning curve ahead of me, but this - wish I had not waited so long to come back to Android.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 04:15 AM   #40
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

After having it and working with/learning Android again, just a few thoughts.

Pure Android on the essential PH1 is butter smooth for me. The old stutter/scroll I lived with on the Notes isn't here.

-Battery life - running live wallpapers (so sweet on the eyes) and quite a bit of texting with a few YT videos in between, 12 hours use yesterday left me with approximately 60% battery left. Unofficial, but with the same use I put my iphone through, the Essential seems much more efficient.

- The screen is amazing. Colors are rich and vivid with great contrast. I did notice a touch of backlight bleed though.

-Android usability - It's night and day from ~3 years ago, but it does take a bit of getting used to. The swipe up to answer a call from the lock screen almost defeated me yesterday

-Fingerprint reader - almost too sensitive. I have to tap it a couple of times before it recognizes my print. I don't know if that's an Android issue or an Essential issue though it did improve drastically with updates, so...

-Playstore - head and shoulders above what it used to be. It seems they're trying to vet the apps now? That's a great thing, but I wish there were a way to filter according to user ratings.

All told the switch back to Android hasn't been difficult at all, but I'm sure I still haven't hit some of the major features of the OS. That said, absolutely zero buyers remorse or regret over dumping Apple, even with the paid apps I lose in doing so.

Loving it.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 08:11 AM   #41
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I only have issue with the fingerprint sensor if I have dirt on my finger or the sensor. Usually it works pretty well.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2017, 09:13 AM   #42
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I think it's more my clumsiness lol. This just needs the lightest touch and I still tend to mash it.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 09:29 AM   #43
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I think it's more my clumsiness lol. This just needs the lightest touch and I still tend to mash it.
That's definitely true. Even the lightest brush of a finger is enough to unlock this thing, the fingerprint sensor is borderline too good
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:16 AM   #44
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
That's definitely true. Even the lightest brush of a finger is enough to unlock this thing, the fingerprint sensor is borderline too good
It really is

Tell ya though, getting used to this phone and Android has been a pleasure. I already have 2 coworkers ready to dump iOS - and one of them just bought an iphone x. He's been pretty disappointed.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 03:50 PM   #45
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Android apps for both phone and smartwatch - geez I don't even know where to begin.

Bye forever apple.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:16 PM   #46
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Android apps for both phone and smartwatch - geez I don't even know where to begin.

Bye forever apple.
Yeah, Apple would have to seriously revamp the user experience for me to ever consider going back. Total rewrite basically.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 05:09 PM   #47
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Except their software introduces random battery problems Lots of people complaining about 11.1...
I experienced that till I back up all of my stuff and then reset it to factory and fixed that....now I haven't encountered any battery issue. Looks like its poorly handled with a lot of crap apps. I don't need a lot of crap apps that I never used.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2017, 09:46 AM   #48
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
I experienced that till I back up all of my stuff and then reset it to factory and fixed that....now I haven't encountered any battery issue. Looks like its poorly handled with a lot of crap apps. I don't need a lot of crap apps that I never used.
I never install crap apps, I only install the apps I need.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:31 PM   #49
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
I did the same and still had issues. I couldn't go back if I wanted to now though. Apple (Kim Kardashian) looks ok, meets certain needs but boring and unstable to Android (Charlize Theron) Sleek, sharp, beautiful and oh so smooth....

Nah, no going back to that
Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:51 AM   #50
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Returned 3 of the xs to the apple store. Kept one. Seems like the immediate family I gave it to weren't too impressed. Most amazing thing is my wife the apple lover decided to go back to her 8 plus.