Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:35 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
Hahaha, I didn't even think to check. That's funny.
The apple watch was the only real innovation this go around, cramming cell service into the same dimensions is impressive. Acting like 4k HDR was this amazing thing for AppleTV? Not so much.
All I could think when I was listening to the Apple Watch part at the grocery was I'd buy an Apple Watch that didn't have all that cell junk but was 25% thinner.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:42 PM   #92
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
so what's the price of a iPhone X 256gb 1299+
$1149.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:50 PM   #93
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
$1149.
screen is bigger but phone is smaller than a 7 plus ?

is there a iPhone X plus ?
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:52 PM   #94
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

Just one size.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 02:55 PM   #95
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

and a tempered glass screen protector will never seal on that thing without a halo
Old Sep 12, 2017, 03:03 PM   #96
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:

Just one size. Black or white. Bezel are black on both, so I'd get with white back if I were to get one. One size only. It's a bigger screen the the Plus models, yet the same size as the non-Plus.

https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/
Old Sep 12, 2017, 03:42 PM   #97
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

With the home button gone it now looks like a samsung device. I will be getting the iPX in the 256gb flavor cause I am forced to. I have a 128gb phone now and already use more than 64gb so a 64gb iPX wont work for me.

I like that the phones footprint is smaller, but other than the screen its the same phone as the iP8+.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 03:59 PM   #98
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
With the home button gone it now looks like a samsung device. I will be getting the iPX in the 256gb flavor cause I am forced to. I have a 128gb phone now and already use more than 64gb so a 64gb iPX wont work for me.

I like that the phones footprint is smaller, but other than the screen its the same phone as the iP8+.
Apple will be suing Samsung over that very soon

my 256gb 7+ only has 114gb free

too many ripped cd's
Old Sep 12, 2017, 04:15 PM   #99
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

iPX should come with a wireless charger too for the price.

Old Sep 12, 2017, 04:19 PM   #100
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Anyone notice the camera cuts out on iPhone X
screen. It looks very distracting to me.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 04:20 PM   #101
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
iPX should come with a wireless charger too for the price.
They should have thrown in unlimited iCloud Photo storage and a years worth of Apple Music too.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 04:54 PM   #102
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
They should have thrown in unlimited iCloud Photo storage and a years worth of Apple Music too.
What's the incentive for Apple to do that? I don't think apple's products focus on value. I don't think Apple will ever include free stuff.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2017, 07:09 PM   #103
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
What's the incentive for Apple to do that? I don't think apple's products focus on value. I don't think Apple will ever include free stuff.
Just messing around.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 07:43 PM   #104
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Meh. Iphone X is ugly, can't stand that camera cutout. LG and Samsung's offerings look miles better.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:30 PM   #105
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicalking View Post
Meh. Iphone X is ugly, can't stand that camera cutout. LG and Samsung's offerings look miles better.
I think i'm done with Samsung

updates are always very late and only once or never gets updates at all
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:39 PM   #106
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Well, yeah, I'm not buying a Samsung anytime soon, nor an LG, if I'm going back to Android my only choice is the Pixel XL, but you have to admit that the S8 and Note 8 are beautiful.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2017, 01:22 PM   #107
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:

I've had 2 firmware updates in the last 3 months I've had the phone.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2017, 02:18 PM   #108
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I've had 2 firmware updates in the last 3 months I've had the phone.
ok I've not had a phone but

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...-over-updates/
https://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...curity-updates

and my 12.2 note pro got one (5.2 android) update that was out months before I bought it and still took over a year and is still on it not one patch or update since

my samsung tv and blurry player have few apps or updates compared to my sony tv that gets them all the time
like no cbs all access app
Old Sep 13, 2017, 03:21 PM   #109
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am probably going to get it. Waiting to see/hear more about the face ID thing.

REALLY wish they had included a fingerprint reader in the power button. Touch ID is one of the best implementations thus far and is so prevalent in the apps I use. Losing it, or whatever face ID will become, is going to be painful.

Reviews will have to demonstrate what's what.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2017, 03:44 PM   #110
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
I am probably going to get it. Waiting to see/hear more about the face ID thing.

REALLY wish they had included a fingerprint reader in the power button. Touch ID is one of the best implementations thus far and is so prevalent in the apps I use. Losing it, or whatever face ID will become, is going to be painful.

Reviews will have to demonstrate what's what.
Ill get it as well.

Ive read that any app that uses TouchID will auto get switched to call for FaceID instead. Devs dont even have to make the switch in their code its going to be automatic.

Im not big fan of the facial recognition stuff. This is going to make apple a ton of money for their database of 3d mapped faces of everyone using a iPX and above.

Old Sep 13, 2017, 04:03 PM   #111
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Ill get it as well.

Ive read that any app that uses TouchID will auto get switched to call for FaceID instead. Devs dont even have to make the switch in their code its going to be automatic.

Im not big fan of the facial recognition stuff. This is going to make apple a ton of money for their database of 3d mapped faces of everyone using a iPX and above.
wait to the FBI gets into that database and they will
Old Sep 13, 2017, 04:12 PM   #112
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Ill get it as well.

Quote:
wait to the FBI gets into that database and they will
They'll have a database of voice, fingerprints, and now your face.

Let that sink in.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 04:16 PM   #113
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

Let that sink in.
person of interest 2017 season

Old Sep 13, 2017, 04:54 PM   #114
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:

Let that sink in.
Im sure they have everything and then some plus my facial mapping to come very soon. Good thing Im a nobody

Old Sep 13, 2017, 05:45 PM   #115
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicalking View Post
Well, yeah, I'm not buying a Samsung anytime soon, nor an LG, if I'm going back to Android my only choice is the Pixel XL, but you have to admit that the S8 and Note 8 are beautiful.
Ditto on the iPhone X cutout -- it's very distracting.

Agreed on the Note 8, it's is a work of art, plus it runs amazingly well.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2017, 05:50 PM   #116
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The cutout is pretty ugly on the iX but I'll probably get one if I can get a good amount of $$ for my 6S
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:52 PM   #117
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Apple Wants Your Money! The Company Goes Crazy with Price Jumps Across the Board

Quote:
AppleCare+ goes to $149 up from $129 – iPhone X at $199
http://wccftech.com/apple-going-crazy-pricing-2017/

got to pay for that new office
Old Sep 14, 2017, 08:46 AM   #118
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
The cutout is pretty ugly on the iX but I'll probably get one if I can get a good amount of $$ for my 6S
This is my scenario. I suspect the sale of the 6S Plus will pay for the tax and the 256GB option.

I'm evaluating just going on one of these monthly programs and just upgrade annually. I don't think that's worth $600+ a year.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 09:01 AM   #119
logical
What is my purpose?

I upgrade every year now cause why not? Sure there are only marginal differences between the last and the next iPhone but being a tech enthusiast its always nice to get the newest stuff. In this case though I want that OLED. Ive always been jealous of the android OLEDs. It was pretty much the only major thing that android had that apple didnt yet. Im going to make the jump to OLED tvs in my house at some point during this year too. Those deep blacks

I dont really care about wireless charging. Ill probably grab a few cheap chargers just to have but it was never a deal breaker for me even when it first came out.

Old Sep 14, 2017, 09:49 AM   #120
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I upgrade every year now cause why not? Sure there are only marginal differences between the last and the next iPhone but being a tech enthusiast its always nice to get the newest stuff. In this case though I want that OLED. Ive always been jealous of the android OLEDs. It was pretty much the only major thing that android had that apple didnt yet. Im going to make the jump to OLED tvs in my house at some point during this year too. Those deep blacks

I dont really care about wireless charging. Ill probably grab a few cheap chargers just to have but it was never a deal breaker for me even when it first came out.
Wireless charging is awesome. Just make certain you don't go "too" cheap, and get fast charge capable ones. Makes a huge difference.

Also, I love how apple is using OLED, but not making use of it for Always On Display. I was really curious to see what apple would do with it, and maybe even push always on a bit further. But nope, saving that for next year.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is online now   Reply With Quote