Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 15, 2018, 09:48 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default iPhone SE or something of the sort?

Does anyone happen to know if anything is coming down the pipe in terms of smallerish phones like an iPhone SE?

Wife's 5S is becoming a bit problematic and annoying (mainly battery, it dies/sleeps when its cold and even just dies at like 20% left, its somewhat laggy now so 1GB ram and 16GB space isn't enough imo) and she is probably going to need a new phone soon.

Doubt she'd go Android, but the SE is pretty much the only thing out there that would make for a seamless upgrade (since its pretty much a 5S chassis with 6S internals) Shes not looking to get anything bigger (Small phones seems to have disappeared again) and I read rumors of an SE2 which may or may not even exist, and if it does it might even be a scaled down iPhone X, which may or may not even be a small phone.

Oh and icloud sucks donkey nuts.
I'm not a huge fan of cloud storage (Onedrive is the easiest to use IMO, and dropbox is kind of annoying) but icloud just makes everything infuriating, and more of hassle to use than it needs to be.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:13 AM   #2
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

"small" mobiles are rare, everything has to be BIGGER. So it's kinda hard to find something in that sector. Other than crapple the galaxy-a-series from Samsung comes to mind. But as you pointed out she won't go Android there's not much to choose from, like .. nothing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:45 AM   #3
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

yeesh.
I thought there was a point in time where there were a larger selection of small mobiles that weren't just entry level phones with **** specs.

But I guess that's all they are now, because everything needs to be BIGGAR!!!!
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:58 AM   #4
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

there are a few "good" ones, like the Sony XperiaE, but they are all android phones.

Personally i'm still waiting until we switch to wetware (Shadowrun).

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2018, 01:56 AM   #5
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I got my iphone SE a little less than 1 year ago (my first smartphone lol) and am loving it. just a solid choice.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2018, 02:56 AM   #6
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

Small phones are nearly dead, regardless of the platform. I spent some time looking for a replacement for Galaxy A3/2016 recently, but only found A3/2017 and Sony's Xperia XZ-series Compacts. There's nothing else out there. I have a bit bad experiences with Sony's phones, so I ended up buying a Galaxy S7 instead. I got it very cheap due to S9 launch.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 07:57 AM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Essential Phone is pretty small, though bigger than an SE. Just got Android 8.1 too, so it's up to date and running nicely on the new firmware. I find vanilla Android easier to use than iOS 11.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote