Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:44 PM   #3601
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
I don't I move cards down to other systems or give them to my sister

In my case, I have a 1080Ti Strix and a RTX 2080 TI Strix

the 1080 ti is going in my shed for my bike trainer as soon as the 3080 ti hits
It's not a big blanket I'm throwing over everything. I'm just saying a lot of people sell older hardware. He made it sound like everybody just takes the old cards and stuffs them in a closet or tosses them in the trash. We've all seen the posts here where people sold the old cards...
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:56 PM   #3602
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
It's not a big blanket I'm throwing over everything. I'm just saying a lot of people sell older hardware. He made it sound like everybody just takes the old cards and stuffs them in a closet or tosses them in the trash. We've all seen the posts here where people sold the old cards...

I got most all my cards back to my aiw 9700 pro or more

……….
by the time I move them thru my system and my sisters they are used up

but I know what you are saying

but I don't sell them, but I have given some away

I got two ATI 2900's need one

wish I had all the cash I have spent on this crap since my Atari 800

Last edited by bill dennison : Aug 14, 2019 at 11:02 PM.
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:01 PM   #3603
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I have been buying cards every cycle. And two of them for a while when I was running SLI. However the 1200+120 ship really makes no sense to me. Also the fact that I will barely get 500 for the existing card. The card is definitely not worth the 700-800 I will end up paying for it.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:10 PM   #3604
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I have been buying cards every cycle. And two of them for a while when I was running SLI. However the 1200+120 ship really makes no sense to me. Also the fact that I will barely get 500 for the existing card. The card is definitely not worth the 700-800 I will end up paying for it.
not too bad as the msrp was like 779 for my 1080 ti strix
Old Aug 15, 2019, 08:36 AM   #3605
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I only started selling my cards recently, last AMD card I bought was the 7970. Probably be lucky to get $450 for my 1080 Ti, Still doesn't bring the price of the 2080 Ti card where I want it. Need more performance gain.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 09:03 AM   #3606
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I only started selling my cards recently, last AMD card I bought was the 7970. Probably be lucky to get $450 for my 1080 Ti, Still doesn't bring the price of the 2080 Ti card where I want it. Need more performance gain.
The longer you wait the less you'll get for the 1080 as people are starting to move toward the Super cards.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 09:40 AM   #3607
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
The longer you wait the less you'll get for the 1080 as people are starting to move toward the Super cards.
This is true, Maybe I will be able to get $300 by the time the 3080 Ti comes out. I believe a 60 percent increase over my 1080 Ti will be a more worthwhile upgrade for the money.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 02:25 PM   #3608
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I really hope next AMD Cards have Ray Tracing built in and that all games start to push it. I don't want it to be a PhysX type of Nvidia only feature that goes away after a couple of years until Nvidia finds it's next gimmick. (though I enjoyed the gimmicks ).

I also really hope that the next 3080 or whatever has a huge increase in performance with Ray Tracing as that's likely my next GPU.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 02:39 PM   #3609
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I really hope next AMD Cards have Ray Tracing built in and that all games start to push it. I don't want it to be a PhysX type of Nvidia only feature that goes away after a couple of years until Nvidia finds it's next gimmick. (though I enjoyed the gimmicks ).

I also really hope that the next 3080 or whatever has a huge increase in performance with Ray Tracing as that's likely my next GPU.
AMD's Ray Tracing is different

I think NV should move all RTX stuff to it's own card in a SLI like or physx card like card
and be smarter and have that RTX only card work with any GPU NV, intel or AMD

then you would not have to replace it every gen and it would allow a much faster normal video card
most likely over a 100% over a 2080 ti on 7nm and without all the RTX stuff, that may get 8k screens going

Last edited by bill dennison : Aug 15, 2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 03:04 PM   #3610
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
I think NV should move all RTX stuff to it's own card in a SLI like or physx card like card
and be smarter and have that RTX only card work with any GPU NV, intel or AMD
I like this idea, and wish that were the case.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 03:37 PM   #3611
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I don't like that idea, I'd rather everything be in one card. That was tried already with Physx and that died quickly.

Less cards in my machine the better.

If anything, cram another dedicated chip onto the board itself. But wait, we already have that... RTX cores

Just gotta let technology run its course, eventually ray tracing will be standard and the hardware will be there to run it.

We didn't jump from the original Voodoo graphics to a Geforce 1 DDR in the same year after all.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 03:56 PM   #3612
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
I don't like that idea, I'd rather everything be in one card. That was tried already with Physx and that died quickly.

Less cards in my machine the better.

If anything, cram another dedicated chip onto the board itself. But wait, we already have that... RTX cores

Just gotta let technology run its course, eventually ray tracing will be standard and the hardware will be there to run it.

We didn't jump from the original Voodoo graphics to a Geforce 1 DDR in the same year after all.
if it worked with any GPU it wouldn't die like Physx
hell they could get 1k just for a RTX card that lasted a few gpu replacements
and it allows a much more powerful RTX card & video card and better cooling for both

proprietary is what kills it

Physx cards were going fine till NV bought it and made it NV only

and proprietary will kill NV's RTX also as soon as Intel & AMD have a open system of Ray Tracing and they will

just like freesync killed g-sync or is killing now
g-sync will be gone in 2 to 3 years

Last edited by bill dennison : Aug 15, 2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 04:14 PM   #3613
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
and it allows a much more powerful RTX card & video card and better cooling for both

and proprietary will kill NV's RTX also as soon as Intel & AMD have a open system of Ray Tracing and they will

Nvidia's RTX isn't proprietary like Physx, it follows the Directx DXR specs. If AMD wants to open their drivers for DXR compatibility they can do that, but they won't because they don't have any cards capable of running DXR with decent speed. If ray tracing performance was bad on a 1080Ti, it's gonna be even worse on AMD cards.

Also Nvidia supports Vulcan ray tracing as well. AMD doesn't. They don't have the hardware yet.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 04:22 PM   #3614
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Nvidia's RTX isn't proprietary like Physx, it follows the Directx DXR specs. If AMD wants to open their drivers for DXR compatibility they can do that, but they won't because they don't have any cards capable of running DXR with decent speed. If ray tracing performance was bad on a 1080Ti, it's gonna be even worse on AMD cards.

Also Nvidia supports Vulcan ray tracing as well. AMD doesn't. They don't have the hardware yet.
Mar 22, 2018

Quote:
AMD’s Open Source Vulkan Ray Tracing Engine Debuting In Games This Year – Radeon Rays 2.0
https://wccftech.com/amds-open-sourc...mes-this-year/
Old Aug 15, 2019, 05:04 PM   #3615
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Mar 22, 2018

It's August 2019 now.

Where are the demos and games of this technology? This is not even support of hardware acceleration real time ray tracing under Vulcan/Chronos (which wasn't even announced yet in March 2018 ), it's just a software/tools package.

You know which game actually supports Vulcan ray tracing? Quake II.

What hardware accelerated ray tracing game can you run on AMD? None.

And what you linked is completely different than real time ray tracing done in hardware, which even AMD acknowledges.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/27/...-tracing-navi/
Old Aug 15, 2019, 05:30 PM   #3616
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:

It's August 2019 now.

Where are the demos and games of this technology? This is not even support of hardware acceleration real time ray tracing under Vulcan/Chronos (which wasn't even announced yet in March 2018 ), it's just a software/tools package.

You know which game actually supports Vulcan ray tracing? Quake II.

What hardware accelerated ray tracing game can you run on AMD? None.

And what you linked is completely different than real time ray tracing done in hardware, which even AMD acknowledges.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/27/...-tracing-navi/
TBH Ray Tracing means F**k All to 99% of gamers, the other 1% like you do so good on you it's your choice. It's probably quiet a few of years away from mass adoption which is what it needs. Maybe the 3080ti or later might do it justice but that's in the future.

Just look at VR. Where is it now even though loads of people said it was the next big thing. VR is like Ray Tracing who gives a sh*t at the prices they're charging to run it. At the end of the day if people don't value/want the feature they won't pay for it simples.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 05:51 PM   #3617
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

I have absolutely no desire for Ray Tracing right now whatsoever. I just want 4k at 60fps and Max settings. I do understand that the tech needs to start somewhere and have some sort of adoption rate to succeed. I get that, but having just move to 4k, it's enough of a struggle just to get that resolution going before worrying about new tech.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 06:44 PM   #3618
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I have absolutely no desire for Ray Tracing right now whatsoever. I just want 4k at 60fps and Max settings. I do understand that the tech needs to start somewhere and have some sort of adoption rate to succeed. I get that, but having just move to 4k, it's enough of a struggle just to get that resolution going before worrying about new tech.
f that

I want 4k/90 Max settings on hdmi 2.1 to get a bigger freesync window on 4k, say a 35 to 90 FPS window

hdmi 2.1 will do 4k/120 but it will be a few years before we get there
and or DisplayPort 2.0

Ray Tracing is nice but given the chose between 4k/90 and RT I would take 4k/90

RT is just too much of a hit and some of the old ways like division and division 2 are almost as good

and dlss at 4k isn't 4k .

Last edited by bill dennison : Aug 15, 2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:24 PM   #3619
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
TBH Ray Tracing means F**k All to 99% of gamers, the other 1% like you do so good on you it's your choice. It's probably quiet a few of years away from mass adoption which is what it needs. Maybe the 3080ti or later might do it justice but that's in the future.

Just look at VR. Where is it now even though loads of people said it was the next big thing. VR is like Ray Tracing who gives a sh*t at the prices they're charging to run it. At the end of the day if people don't value/want the feature they won't pay for it simples.

Just like transform and lighting, programmable shading, hdr, tessellation, which all moved the industry forward, so will raytracing. In a few years the feature may be normalized or adopted by consumers, developers and ihv's but it has to start to evolve and mature.

PhysX isn't dead and a leader from an engine, tool suite, middleware and developer content point-of-view, even for the cpu.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 07:52 AM   #3620
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Seeing as PS5 will have built in Ray Tracing hardware, It's going to be a lot more common in the next 2-4 years. However now it's just a cool feature that barely any game uses.

I'm hoping the next gen Nvidia top end will have much improved normal + ray tracing performance.

With AMD well... unless they pull a miracle out of their ass like they did with their CPU, they're basically budget only cards.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Aug 16, 2019, 03:58 PM   #3621
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Seeing as PS5 will have built in Ray Tracing hardware, It's going to be a lot more common in the next 2-4 years. However now it's just a cool feature that barely any game uses.

I'm hoping the next gen Nvidia top end will have much improved normal + ray tracing performance.

With AMD well... unless they pull a miracle out of their ass like they did with their CPU, they're basically budget only cards.
made by AMD

I can't see AMD not having a RT card about the same time of the same design

and the chance of it working on a NV card …………

…… slim to none
Old Aug 16, 2019, 04:04 PM   #3622
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Considering that raytracing is a part of dx12, why would it not work with nv cards?

They would just use different means in order to achieve the same thing.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2019, 05:25 PM   #3623
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Considering that raytracing is a part of dx12, why would it not work with nv cards?

They would just use different means in order to achieve the same thing.
and you really think NV is conforming to the rules

that "that raytracing is a part of dx12" has nothing to do with Turing architecture

nvidia rtx is proprietary
Old Aug 16, 2019, 05:42 PM   #3624
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Well, metro might be nv only, but in battlefield the RT option is called DXR and not RTX.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2019, 08:54 AM   #3625
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
made by AMD

I can't see AMD not having a RT card about the same time of the same design

and the chance of it working on a NV card …………

…… slim to none
I'm sure they will have RT built in, but I'm waiting for AMD to compete past midrange before I give them a look. They took quite a while to compete with Nvidia's midrange last years cards. (without Ray Tracing support)

I'm hoping AMD start to compete on equal footing so that Nvidia can't pull bullshit prices like they've been doing for a while now.

Plus if you think console ray tracing games wont work on Nvidia, It's usually more likely the opposite given Nvidia's track history.

I have no problems buying AMD cards, otherwise I wouldn't be on this forum in the first place .

Last edited by SirBaron : Aug 17, 2019 at 09:01 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:43 AM   #3626
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Gpu PhysX didn't die because of proprietary, it slowed down because cpu's over time became more powerful with more cores and threads to handle many dynamic physic effects reasonably.

With your proprietary logic Cuda would of died years ago but has been thriving for over a decade.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 02:08 PM   #3627
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I'm sure they will have RT built in, but I'm waiting for AMD to compete past midrange before I give them a look. They took quite a while to compete with Nvidia's midrange last years cards. (without Ray Tracing support)

I'm hoping AMD start to compete on equal footing so that Nvidia can't pull bullshit prices like they've been doing for a while now.

Plus if you think console ray tracing games wont work on Nvidia, It's usually more likely the opposite given Nvidia's track history.

I have no problems buying AMD cards, otherwise I wouldn't be on this forum in the first place .
it will work like the ray tracing they came out with for the 1080 ti …….. slow to very slow
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...ce-effectively

maybe NV can do a workaround in drivers to use the RT cores on AMD's console type of ray tracing
as I don't think AMD will help by designing consoles APU's to be like NV's RT cores even if they could because of nvidia ray tracing patents

or more likely what if AMD purposely comes up with a AMD RT core or design for their cards and consoles that is not compatible with NV's turning type ray tracing at all
this is what they should do and what NV would if positions were reversed

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/66455...ach/index.html
Old Aug 17, 2019, 03:03 PM   #3628
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Well AMD usualy plays the good guy and sticks to specs. So I imagine their RT cores will be based on DirectX 12 spec if any titles get ported to pc.Which in that case nvidia will work no problem with the Turing cores. However we shall see, makes **** all difference to me as I have a 1660ti and won't upgrade my gpu until end of next year and will buy whatever is fastest.

Old Aug 17, 2019, 03:08 PM   #3629
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Well AMD usualy plays the good guy and sticks to specs. So I imagine their RT cores will be based on DirectX 12 spec if any titles get ported to pc.Which in that case nvidia will work no problem with the Turing cores. However we shall see, makes **** all difference to me as I have a 1660ti and won't upgrade my gpu until end of next year and will buy whatever is fastest.
I kind of expect AMD to use more CPU cores for it since the new consoles will be 8 core 16 thread
Old Aug 17, 2019, 06:55 PM   #3630
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
ATM you can't buy a 5700XT AIB card anywhere in Europe and beyond they are Vaporware If I can't buy the Sapphire Pulse by Tuesday from my local retailer I'm buying a Palit 2070S Jetstream which beats any AIB 5700XT cards anyway. It's just a joke really.

OK the Palit is about Ł70 dearer but I get two games (not crappy Xbox pass) and RT and DLSS which might be meh but AMD cards can't do it. Plus I finish work next Wednesday until 2 September so loads of time to do a clean install of Windows 10 and clear out the crap plus I'm rid of the crappy AMD drivers.

The more I think about it the better it sounds
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote