Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:21 AM   #4891
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So I've been doing a bit of investigating, and it turns out BF3 does indeed use HT rather well.

Messing around with a dual core i3 @ 4GHz and HT on and off changes FPS by more than 30-40fps! Then comparing the i3 with HT to an i5 without HT they produced practically identical results.

It seems BF3 only needs a chip with the ability to run 4 threads, it doesnt matter if 2 of them are virtual.

Anyway, its the first game I've come across that uses HT lol, and I know people have been turning it off to make it run smoother, as did I with my hex-core chip, but the dual core is smooth as butter with HT?!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 03:15 AM   #4892
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

So let me get this staight, when the pc servers are down I cannot play a single-player game?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:48 AM   #4893
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

All of BFHQ is down as they are pushing a patch right now.

They claim to have fixed a ton of the black-screen and new server join bugs. Let's hope this does fix them! They also promise some general loading optimizations, etc. Can't wait for this to finish!

Patch is 483MB here...

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:19 AM   #4894
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Has the battlerecorder/spectator modes been confirmed?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Nov 22, 2011 at 05:36 AM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:34 AM   #4895
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Patch notes:

Quote:
—- Client-Side Changes:
– Visuals, Stability and Performance Fixes:
• General performance and loading time improvements
• “Black Screen” fix for an issue occurring on some PC Configurations
• Stereo and Rendering Support for Nvidia and AMD Graphics Cards
• Adjusted the “stuttering” encountered on some PC configurations.
• Fixed several Crashes when joining MP and Co-Op sessions
• Fixed multiple problems when using multiple monitors (Eyefinity / Surround).
• Fixed visual corruption issues on certain Nvidia Cards
• Improved loading times for certain textures
• Added console command “GameTime.MaxVariableFps” to limit max FPS
• Added console command “UI.DrawEnable” to hide UI for screenshots / videos
– Balance and Gameplay Adjustments (PC)
• Fixed a problem with high speed mouse movement
• Added back some missing Growlers on Kharg Island Conquest Large
• Added back EOR sound for SQDM and TDM
• You should no longer be able to damage a friendly vehicle when sitting in an open position
• Grenades now drop to ground if you get killed while attempting to throw it(note the affect this will have on Hardcore mode!)
• Spawn protection now should work in Conquest. You should no longer spawn on points too close to enemies
• You should no longer spawn too close to enemies in TDM and SQDM
• Combat areas on Kharg Rush tweaked in order to disallow defenders to access the carrier ship after 1st base is taken and being able to enter the AA gun
• Fixed a problem with revived players not suffering suppression
• Fixed a problem with the camera when being revived in COOP
• Added joystick deadzone setting
• Fixed sound for when climbing ladders
• Fixed an issue with some weapon sounds in first person
• Fixed a swim sound loop error
• Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns, AA guns, and Jet Cannons against infantry
• Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns against jeeps.
• Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and Jet Cannons, players under attack from these weapons should no longer lose control.
• Increased the damage of the 44 Magnum slightly.
• Increased the range and minimum damage of the .357 Round from the MP412 Rex.
• Increased the range of all .45cal and 9mm weapons.
• Slightly increased the range of the P90 and MP7 and PDW-R.
• Slightly increased the range of the 5.56mm PDW-R and decreased the minimum damage at long range.
• Slightly increased the minimum range of the Mk11, SVD, and M39 EMR 7.62mm rifles.
• Decreased the maximum damage and maximum range of the G3 and SCAR-H 7.62mm weapons.
• Reduced the damage from FIM-92 and SA-18 IGLA missiles against aircraft.
• Increased the damage and range of the 40mm BUCK rounds.
• Reduced the damage .50cal weapons do against Helicopters.
• Updated T90 canister shell tweaks to match Abrams canister shells
UI Changes (PC)
• Added round duration and ticket summary at EOR
• Advanced squad polish – should be more intuitive
• Significant changes to the Join Squad functionality (see below)
• Fixed a problem regarding keybindings while playing
• You should now get a better error message when being disconnected via Battlelog
—- Server Update Highlights
• EOD Bot exploit fix
• Several crash fixes
• Anti-stat padding measures taken, disallowing ranked servers to run obscure settings
• Improved team kill kick configuration
• Support for unranked servers. Unranked servers do not report players’ scores to Battlelog, but server administrators can freely control all settings
– Share your profile and stats with new Battlelog functionality
• Ability to share your Profile and Stats pages to Facebook, Google+, and Twitter
• User Profile and Stats pages on Battlelog can now be accessed without being signed in to Battlelog if you know a user’s URL
• Single sign on from Battlelog to Origin. If you’re not logged in to Origin and join a game server, Battlelog will automatically sign you in to Origin in the background and join the game server
– Quick notes on Squad changes in the Nov 22 update
• Removed FIND ME A SQUAD option
• Allow players to join empty Squads alone, thus having 1/4 squad members
• Change order of options to LEAVE SQUAD, INV A FRIEND, SWITCH TEAM
• Disable Privacy flag when 1 man squad
• Reset Privacy flag from Private to Public when squad drops to 1 player
• All occupied Squads will now show up colored blue on the Squad Selection screen
• Players who choose not to join squads will also show up as Blue in the “Not in a Squad” line
• Squads that are currently empty will display as white — if you wish to join an empty Squad, you can choose the first one marked with white text

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:47 AM   #4896
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete stranger

Logical, the patch has it been released already, I tried to update and it comes back with already up to date.
Fat_Daddy_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:51 AM   #4897
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

patch is out, i just restarted origin and it downloaded 400mb+ and then installed.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:55 AM   #4898
anthony256
Radeon R300

anthony256 is still being judged by the masses

I had to use non-native resolutions before, in my Portrait NVS setup but now it's just completely broken.

Sigh.
anthony256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:00 AM   #4899
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Played a few games with the patch...

There is still a periodic crash-on-join for MP.. (Battlefield3 has stopped responding.. [close] ).

Game seems to play ok- some people were saying the TV missiles are majorly broken.

Also, you have to manually join a squad now, so remember to squad-up when joining.

Overall, performance feels good but not really noticing much as it played good for me before. Seems sniper with SV98 is a bit nerfed.. I nailed a couple guys twice from range and it didn't kill them...

Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:43 AM   #4900
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

for the first time since BF42 I havn't been able to play a BF game

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Franklin

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus RX580 OC; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; Corsair AX860i psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 10
warmonger180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:45 AM   #4901
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Load times faster for me, few servers had some bad rubberbanding (think old tehran highway x5) apart from that feels much the same. Tested out some TDM and the spawns may be better. Tended to put me in quiet areas or places with other buddies.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 07:14 AM   #4902
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Chat window is still too large and the squad joining interface is really the same crap. It's going to be humorous watching DICE fumble around, trying to sort out their miserable UI they've stuck us with. I'm sure it will take at least 10 patches for those goofballs to get it right. Why it's so difficult to make the chat window like it was in BC2 or BF2, I don't know. And the squad system should have more squads to choose from, not exactly enough squads to fit 64 people.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:57 AM   #4903
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

just played a round of rush in the losing team as defenders. the game was 16v8 for the last 3 sets of m-coms. how many games has it been since dice had fully functional team autobalancing? their incompetence is astounding.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:12 AM   #4904
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So are helicopters and jets untouchable after this patch?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:25 AM   #4905
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
just played a round of rush in the losing team as defenders. the game was 16v8 for the last 3 sets of m-coms. how many games has it been since dice had fully functional team autobalancing? their incompetence is astounding.
remember playing bc2 with like 5 vs 30+ or something.

CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:33 AM   #4906
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
So are helicopters and jets untouchable after this patch?
Wouldn't suprise me as the idiots at dice listened to all the day 1 whining about stingers and have promptly nerfed them,. Regardless of the fact that jets with stealth and flares were virtually untouchable by stingers pre patch.

Dice really do love their little kneejerk reactions to whining, i'll give them that.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:57 AM   #4907
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Slightly increased the minimum range of the Mk11, SVD, and M39 EMR 7.62mm rifles.

Does that mean they will do less damage at close range? As it is it takes a headshot to get a kill from a single shot, point blank+

Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:37 AM   #4908
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

downloaded the patch, and press ready to install.

it will stated the file is installing or something.

after the install is done, and under the BF3 icon on origin. it will say i need to install again wtf ...

what the heck is going on i can't play this thing.

apparently, when i try to find my bf3 shortcut exe file on my desktop. and it was delete.

what did ea do to my game with this patch.. this sucks if i have ot reinstall this thing and have to redownload all the patches

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 22, 2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:21 AM   #4909
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

"
disallowing ranked servers to run obscure settings
"

Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:31 AM   #4910
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
"
disallowing ranked servers to run obscure settings
"

You have to have a minimum of 4 people now to start a match that's scored. It used to be that you could have 1 person in the server and they could cap all the points or blow all the m-coms and would get the points even though there were no other people in the server. It's nice that people can't stat pad, but at the same time it's going to be harder to get a server going from 0 people.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:38 AM   #4911
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Not only are they nerfing our way of getting rid of air support from the ground, but they are boosting them to take out ground pounders even easier.

"Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns, AA guns, and Jet Cannons against infantry"

Some of the stuff in the release notes just doesn't make sense.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:41 AM   #4912
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_Tiny View Post
Not only are they nerfing our way of getting rid of air support from the ground, but they are boosting them to take out ground pounders even easier.

"Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns, AA guns, and Jet Cannons against infantry"

Some of the stuff in the release notes just doesn't make sense.
It's like they never takes into consideration just how overpowered their buffs are when there are actually good players piloting the helicopters and jets.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:53 AM   #4913
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Oh my, only two pages in to the feedback section of their forums on the patch and not one post so far is good.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:55 AM   #4914
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

They ****ed something up on the server patch too. Servers are randomly not showing up in battlelog.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:57 AM   #4915
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
It's like they never takes into consideration just how overpowered their buffs are when there are actually good players piloting the helicopters and jets.
Im starting to wonder if they even play their own game. I remember BC2 everyone complained about the tracer dart being too slow, on the next patch the damn thing literally travelled at light speed. They just seem to go to extremes all the time, if somethings too powerful it gets its balls chopped off in the next update so its worthless.

Any chance of you chucking a brick at their offices?
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:06 PM   #4916
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The 3D looks great in this game from the short time I tried it out. Yes, convergence is locked but at least it is true dual rendering 3D here. Now back to Skyrim....
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:24 PM   #4917
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSViper View Post
You have to have a minimum of 4 people now to start a match that's scored. It used to be that you could have 1 person in the server and they could cap all the points or blow all the m-coms and would get the points even though there were no other people in the server. It's nice that people can't stat pad, but at the same time it's going to be harder to get a server going from 0 people.
that is an obvious fix, but no reason to not start the game, it just shouldn't score. wasn't that in a previous game?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:40 PM   #4918
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

hmmm, i am still stucking at ready to install loop after this patch.

what can i do

i have delete and reinstall the damn game, this stupid origin thing that doesn't even work......................

Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:50 PM   #4919
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Crashed, then crashed again.

Good one DICE...
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:52 PM   #4920
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
hmmm, i am still stucking at ready to install loop after this patch.
Can you right-click on the game in Origin? See if there is a Repair Install option as this might work if it's available.

Another thing you might try is to search in your Battlefield 3 folder (where the game is located) for your BF3.exe. If you see a file called bf3.exe_DiP_STAGED, rename it to bf3.exe.