Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:19 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tepel-Zuiger

Tepel-Zuiger is still being judged by the masses

Red face nVidia shows its lamest american true face.

Read about their lame tactics here.... Shows the real face of American companies like nVidia & EA.

Story could be shortened alot though : "We're loosing..... Actually, we're loosing soo damn big that we have the use the lamest possible ways avaliable....."

Poor Americans.
Tepel-Zuiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:21 AM   #2
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This issue has already been discussed here.. plz look at other threads before posting..
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:26 AM   #3
Tepel-Zuiger

Sorry
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:31 AM   #4
TomX

TomX is still being judged by the masses

I doubt any company will truelly go with one video card line and thats it and say screw the rest of you with ATI's not being able to run it. Whats kind of funny is this to me looks like a desperate attempt at nvidia monopolizing the markets and saying "sure we dont all have that great of a video card, our FX series really flopped and we need to make it up by getting EA to publish games specifically for the rest of our cards. I'm sorry Nvidia but I'm an ATI man now unless u guys can pull out something 1000x cooler (no pun intended on mentioning the FX and cooler) and faster. You've lost me as a customer to ATI

ATI = 0wnz j00
TomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:34 AM   #5
DarkSithPro
Radeon Evergreen

DarkSithPro is still being judged by the masses

"Under terms outlined by their agreement, NVIDIA hardware will become the preferred PC graphics platform for EA’s worldwide studios to give its developers the best solution for realizing their creative visions. EA development teams will use PCs powered by NVIDIA GPUs to create eye-popping 3D effects while allowing full compatibility across all PC gaming systems featuring NVIDIA hardware. NVIDIA and EA will also discuss opportunities to implement NVIDIA-specific features and special effects in several upcoming EA titles such as Madden NFL Football 2004 and others for the PC platform."

Oh god, I could only imagine how bad this is going to be for us. Exclusive code for Nvidia cards only.
DarkSithPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:39 AM   #6
Tepel-Zuiger

Default Re: Re: nVidia shows its lamest american true face.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
You can kiss my ****ing ass you ****ing piece of ****! How dare you slam my country! Go to hell!
The World is Heaven, as long as Americans stay away from it...
Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:44 AM   #7
Tepel-Zuiger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: nVidia shows its lamest american true face.

Quote:
You are a true simple minded scumbag. Take your hate speech elsewhere.
Nah, just switched off the TV. Prefer to live the real life instead of CNN & Propaganda.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:46 AM   #8
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Guys, quit it....
THis is not the thread for it...
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 01:46 AM   #9
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

nVidia/EA bashing and US bashing are two entirely different topics. Which one are you addressing here?

1. if nVidia/EA bashing, then take it to one of the many threads devoted to that topic.

2. if US bashing, this thread should be moved to the off-topic forum where you are sure to be warmly greeted.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 02:23 AM   #10
Bonzai
Radeon R300

Bonzai is still being judged by the masses

My opinion on EA is that they are retarded. It doesn't surprise me if they do something like that but then again that seems suicidal. Especially since Battlefield series is a REAL hit. With the rumor that 1943 is in the works....well, I'd almost like to ask some of the EA devs at E3 this year. But I have a feeling they wouldn't know.
Bonzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 02:24 AM   #11
Alan_HU
Radeon R100

Alan_HU is still being judged by the masses

ChrisW is absolutely right, these generalizations suck big time.

I'm from Europe, and we do have a lot of anti-American sentiment, but it's no good. In addition, I know several Americans that live here in Hungary who are quite contrary to this negative perception.

But hey, this is a tech forum, right? So I'll quit social talk, too
Alan_HU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 02:27 AM   #12
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I'm all for nVidia bashing as I think the company is run by a bunch of scumbags. I don't, however, come to a graphics card forum to have someone insult me or my country, nor would I expect anyone else's country to be insulted. If I wanted such a discussion, I would go to a political discussion forum. I also don't think it's appropriate for someone to generalise the population of an entire country by the actions of one unetical company.
Word Dude!!! He can take his little butt somewheres else

Quote:
The World is Heaven, as long as Americans stay away from it...
You mods need to pull this guy in quik
I'm trying hard not to flame, but he's flameing us as a people

Pull him in line
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 02:33 AM   #13
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

There have to be MORONS (read mutha..) in every forum!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 02:50 AM   #14
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

Wow, I never knew Belgians were so insecure and pathetic that they had to create mythical blanket statements without substantiation to make themselves feel somehow warm and fuzzy.

I sure hope the rest of the folks in Belgium aren't so unwise and dire.
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 03:11 AM   #15
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharkfood
Wow, I never knew Belgians were so insecure and pathetic that they had to create mythical blanket statements without substantiation to make themselves feel somehow warm and fuzzy.

I sure hope the rest of the folks in Belgium aren't so unwise and dire.
Boy you know there nothing that can bring us americans together faster than some moron from some other country talking smack about us as a whole is there.
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 05:28 AM   #16
Okio
leh ar~ cheap jing!

Okio is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkSithPro
"Under terms outlined by their agreement, NVIDIA hardware will become the preferred PC graphics platform for EA’s worldwide studios to give its developers the best solution for realizing their creative visions. EA development teams will use PCs powered by NVIDIA GPUs to create eye-popping 3D effects while allowing full compatibility across all PC gaming systems featuring NVIDIA hardware. NVIDIA and EA will also discuss opportunities to implement NVIDIA-specific features and special effects in several upcoming EA titles such as Madden NFL Football 2004 and others for the PC platform."

Oh god, I could only imagine how bad this is going to be for us. Exclusive code for Nvidia cards only.

code which the radeons do not require
Old Apr 11, 2003, 05:57 AM   #17
Darth Flatus
Radeon R300

Darth Flatus is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation

It's easy to criticise someone elses country. If there were no U.S. Taiwan would be gone, South Korea would be gone, the cold war might have been lost. If the U.S. were gone, would Belgium do these things?
Darth Flatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 06:46 AM   #18
Brumbar

Brumbar is still being judged by the masses

I really don't think this will go anywhere. EA may release games that have some extra spiffy features that only Nvidia cards will support. Then they will most likely have to release patches for all the ATI owners refusing to buy their product or screaming bloody murder.

I don't understand how things got so bad between the US and Europe. Europe and the UN backed Clinton when he was offered the chance to go into Iraq in 98.

What happend to the time when we were friends who helped eachother out? Now both sides are arrogant and think they are better than eachother.

Tepel-Zuiger's comments are ignorant and not that nice, but I don't hate him or his country. Just kinda makes me sad.
Brumbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 06:55 AM   #19
SurfMonkey
Radeon R520

SurfMonkey is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Brumbar
I really don't think this will go anywhere. EA may release games that have some extra spiffy features that only Nvidia cards will support. Then they will most likely have to release patches for all the ATI owners refusing to buy their product or screaming bloody murder.

I don't understand how things got so bad between the US and Europe. Europe and the UN backed Clinton when he was offered the chance to go into Iraq in 98.

What happend to the time when we were friends who helped eachother out? Now both sides are arrogant and think they are better than eachother.

Tepel-Zuiger's comments are ignorant and not that nice, but I don't hate him or his country. Just kinda makes me sad.
Have you ever been to Brussells???

We are a virus with shoes
SurfMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 07:05 AM   #20
Tepel-Zuiger

I'm pretty damn sure if this American company called Microsoft would STOP punishing the computer world by forcing users and game/hardware companies to use their lame buggy, slow OS called WinBlows..... We would all run a super stable, fast European Linux system. Unfortunatelly European companies don't FORCE everyone to use their system.

I'm pretty damn sure if this American company called nVidia would STOP punishing the computer world by forcing users and game/hardware companies to use their overpriced, overhyped crap, and FORCE them to optimize their stuff only for their crap..... We would all run our games stable, because people would have hardware that sticks to standards and DOES care about quality instead of benchmarks.

I'm pretty damn sure if this American company called Microsoft would stop screwing Opera users (cases known), Linux users (uncountable monopoly-based lame practics known), and non-America hardware drivers, the world would be a better place, and let's not forget ..... much more secure than it is today.

I'm pretty damn sure if the Americans would start look at the amount of gasoline their big fat, and last but not least ugly cars drink for doing the same thing any car does, Iraqi people would not be bothered by this Western Society army, fighting for money, political power & oil.

For every American idea, their are tons of European ideas, much more secure, more structurized, and created/lead by people who still RESPECT every human being's CHOICE.

Unfortunatelly, the average Bill's & George's don't have CHOICE in their vocabulary, because CHOICE in it's true meaning is bad for the leader's wallet.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 07:21 AM   #21
Brumbar

Brumbar is still being judged by the masses

I don't beleive Microsoft can be considered American. Bill Gates is spending last years income to buy Washington State and British Columbia to form his own country to avoid taxes and legal battles.
Brumbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 07:32 AM   #22
EMunEeE
Formerly MrEMan4K

EMunEeE is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Flatus
It's easy to criticise someone elses country. If there were no U.S. Taiwan would be gone, South Korea would be gone, the cold war might have been lost. If the U.S. were gone, would Belgium do these things?
Amen to that...in fact wouldn't eveyone in Belgium be speaking German ....USA haters gotta go....and so does nVidia for this stupid a--hole tactice...id have to admit...that is something i would expect from an american company tho....Hell if we all listened to Europe my black a-- would still be enslaved ...how many dictators have risen out of America and tried taking over the world by storm (except Bush..), you have Hitler, Mousilini (or whatever), Stalin, Caesar, Milosevic....yea...we leave decision making to Europeans the world will go to the crapper...

Last edited by EMunEeE : Apr 11, 2003 at 07:36 AM.
EMunEeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 07:37 AM   #23
LordCorwin

LordCorwin is still being judged by the masses

Default Sad

Ya know, there's allot of issues which I don't agree with my government(the USA) on. For instance, this war in Iraq, the stupid Tax cuts, not signing international laws on things like genocide and keeping the environment clean.

However, I'll laugh my ass off to see you play games/generate 3D video on euro-exclusive tech.

"For every American idea, their are tons of European ideas, much more secure, more structurized, and created/lead by people who still RESPECT every human being's CHOICE. "

That's absolutely a pathetic way to behave. Not to mention, you're virtually failing to acknowledge the existance of Canada. Beside the fact that your ivory-tower sitting ass has no way of knowing that.

As for respecting every human beings choice, feel free to run Linux, European designed PCs (no north american/indian/asian chipsets AT ALL) and fail to acknowledge that all of those things would have been much harder to achieve without the brilliant minds ALL OVER THE WORLD who contributed to the microproccessing industry.

As for Microsoft forcing windows on you, get real *******. If a clearly superior product existed, Linux users would be more than the miniscule percentage that they are.

The way people have used Linux as a weapon for their own commercial enterprise is completely against the ideals of the man who created the original software.

Simply, when MS puts a shotgun to your head and says "Use windows or die", i'll care what you have to say about it. If until then, they provide a much more widely available and more "ready to use" OS, stop whining about a fairly good thing.

You're a dissapointment to me, and everyone else in America who thinks maybe the rest of the world doesn't have so many dickheads. Although, maybe it's true that the only reason we see so many dickheads, is that the dickheads are louder, and the smart, caring individuals are quiet.

By the way, do you think there'd be peace in Ireland right now if it wern't for the USA and Bill Clinton? Would there be a Nazi flag waving over Belgium right now, and you not even allowed to have the freedom to type what you think, if it wern't for the USA? Didn't think so.
LordCorwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 07:43 AM   #24
FirebirdTN
Forum n00b...

FirebirdTN is still being judged by the masses

\me interrupts policital debate to ask stupid hardware question:

I am just curious, but to the subject at hand regarding exclusive titles for Nvidia based cards. In reality, can this even be done? I didn't really think it was possible (at least not easily). I am by NO means an experts, BUT, I always thought that was the purpose of DirectX, or OpenGL-To provide a STANDARDIZED API, so that sofware can work uniformly accross a broad range of hardware, regardless of brand.

Didn't we squash the old "proprietary" days when Glide was put down?

\You may now commence your flamage...um, I mean "political debate"

-Alan

tastyspleen.net
FirebirdTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 07:48 AM   #25
keyser325

keyser325 is still being judged by the masses

So wait, Tepel, I'm confused. Americans can't use Linux because we're *forced* to use windows? Funny, I'm running Linux on several of my other boxes. I'm breaking the norm, OH MY!

Americans are forced to use Nvidia cards, even tho this EA thing is the first exclusive deal for games? Funny, I've used many ATI cards for quite some time now, and played all the games I've ever wanted. And just for Nvidia's sake, their drivers have provided much more stability in the past. I'm an ATI fan, but until recently I've always been disappointed by their driver support.

Americans have no choices, yet a lot of people choose to use SUVs which consume a lot of gas? Surely, no one's forcing people to drive SUVs...but I thought we had no choices.

And as for the Iraqi people being bothered? No, you see, they're happy that we're there. They're dancing in the streets, defacing the images of Saddam's statues and paintings. Yes, you're right, those are the images of the unhappy people in Iraq that hate us and DEFINATELY don't want us there.

You (and presumably your country, because we ARE generalizing here, right?) don't care about the Iraqi people being mass murdered by Saddam and his regime? You don't care about their people's freedom enough to help them?

Well, sir, you have the high moral standards. You generalize about a country because one of their companies rigs a benchmark. Oh the horror. On the other hand, you don't give a hoot about thousands upon thousands of innocent people being killed constantly in Iraq.

I cannot hold a candle to your moral stance. Also, I am just baffled by the amount of EVIDENCE to support your claims.
keyser325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 07:49 AM   #26
Captain Beige
Banned

Captain Beige is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by mreman4k
Amen to that...in fact wouldn't eveyone in Belgium be speaking German ....USA haters gotta go....and so does nVidia for this stupid a--hole tactice...id have to admit...that is something i would expect from an american company tho....Hell if we all listened to Europe my black a-- would still be enslaved ...how many dictators have risen out of America and tried taking over the world by storm (except Bush..), you have Hitler, Mousilini (or whatever), Stalin, Caesar, Milosevic....yea...we leave decision making to Europeans the world will go to the crapper...
yeah America's record on slavery and equal rights is soooo great

1807 - British law passed declaring buying, selling and transporting slaves illegal (ownership continues)

1808 - North America abolish slave trade

1814 - Dutch outlaw slave trade

1823 - founding of Anti-slavery Committee London

1834 - British law passed declaring ownership of slaves illegal

1839 - Amistad slave ship rebellion

1848 - French abolish slavery

1860-65 - American Civil War

1865 - 13th Amendment abolishes slavery in America

wow, America really leading the fight

btw, the USA did not win WW2. this is one of the arrogant attitudes that makes people hate the USA.
Captain Beige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 07:52 AM   #27
Captain Beige
Banned

Captain Beige is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by keyser325
On the other hand, you don't give a hoot about thousands upon thousands of innocent people being killed constantly in Iraq.
you talking about the people being killed by Saddam or by Bush?
Captain Beige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 07:56 AM   #28
LordCorwin

Despite those facts, if it wern't for a certain World War, the UK would still be imposing squaller and slave-like conditions in allot of other nations. They only banned it where the european eye could see. Wasnt it until after WW2 that ya'll finally let go of your Iron Grip of 1/4th of the world? As they say "The sun never sets on the british empire"

Still tho, it sucks that we let it go on so long this side of the Atlantic.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 07:58 AM   #29
keyser325

keyser325 is still being judged by the masses

Obviously I'm talking about Saddam killing his own innocent civilians. Less innocents have died in this war in Iraq than would have normally been killed if Saddam were still in power. Believe it or not, but Bush is doing the world a favor. Liberating a repressed people is a crime, according to most of you. And you tend to ignore the fact that the oil is being left for the Iraqi people.

See, it's this kind of attitude that makes Americans sick of this anti-US sediment. Even though Bush has said the oil is for the Iraqi people, you arrogant, hypocritical morons assume that EVERY American lies. I agree, most politicians aren't to be trusted, but come on. There are 500 news reporters embedded with the army. Don't you think if they saw us stealing oil, ONE person out of the 500 would report it?

Keep this evidence coming, it's overwhelming.
keyser325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2003, 08:00 AM   #30
LordCorwin

I agree, we didn't solely win WW2. The Canadians were in long before we were, and the Russians bled milions for their freedom. However, let's not let the Brits take any credit either; How many treaties did Chamberlein(spelling?) sign?

Either way, the Russians wern't about to help the Brits out. They were interested in Expelling the Germans and getting their own revenge, and they would have been perfectly willing to travel to the Atlantic, and plant a Soviet flag in the middle of London.

WW2 was won by some of the greatest men and women to ever be on this planet. From the Russians, to the Canadians, to the Brits, and the Americans. Please stop the hate.