Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:58 PM   #5461
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Classic!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:01 PM   #5462
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I think SWTOR's release has crashed their login system (the pre-order wave thingy)

Last edited by daPhoenix : Dec 13, 2011 at 01:03 PM.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:04 PM   #5463
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The EA servers went to auth me but they then got an arrow to the knee
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:10 PM   #5464
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
i'd try contacting their support but i might run into this dude
i thought it was a bot, but it is not..

i think you can really report him or seomthing....

by the way i can't even login my origin account. this thing sucks.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Dec 13, 2011 at 01:13 PM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:13 PM   #5465
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
I think SWTOR's release has crashed their login system (the pre-order wave thingy)
they're using the same pentium 2 box to handle authentication across all their games apparently
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 01:18 PM   #5466
JulianLyle
Radeon Northern Islands

JulianLyle is still being judged by the masses

It authenticates now, but it does not go online. The only thing I can do is look at my library, if I launch bf3 it goes straight into campaign.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:48 PM   #5467
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

All the servers are empty.

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:53 PM   #5468
JulianLyle
Radeon Northern Islands

JulianLyle is still being judged by the masses

**** this, I can't even login to download Karkand. Well done Electronic *******s and DICE.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:58 PM   #5469
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I like how a ****ing mmo is preventing me from playing bf3...
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:05 PM   #5470
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

cancel star wars mmo, we need this **** working.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:10 PM   #5471
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I like how a ****ing mmo is preventing me from playing bf3...
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:22 PM   #5472
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

That log with the EA support guy was priceless
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:26 PM   #5473
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

Can't log in, is this **** really cause by that star trek game?
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:27 PM   #5474
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

still can't log in to origin.

it's kind of hilarious that these dipshits think they are the competition to steam.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:46 PM   #5475
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Yea ditto for that steam thing. This was a horrible idea. Just another thing EA doing to push their greed. I won't say Valve doesn't do the same but at least they don't **** around with their delivery methods. Origin will fall and fall hard. It will be stand alone for EA games only and nothing more. As it should be. Though sadly they should make the game stand alone but they're too stubborn for that. If the next game is on Origin, I will probably stay away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:50 PM   #5476
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
I won't say Valve doesn't do the same but at least they don't **** around with their delivery methods.
How many years did it take for Steam to actually become a relatively stable platform? Seriously, let's not go into revisionist history here - they were full of bullshit for years and their their quality of service was hideous and the content delivery software was an unstable floating turd.

Apparently the Valve Reality Distortion Field is strong with this one.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:52 PM   #5477
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

holy sh*t it's like you guys never experienced servers being down or technical issues is the guy's supervisor supposed to bring the servers back up? he told you servers are down, so they are obviously having technical issues. be patient, stfu, and wait. it's not brain surgery.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:54 PM   #5478
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Oddly some people have had no problems with steam, myself I bet I can count on 2 fingers how many times I have had problems with steam. This type of problem was one of them, another was when my account got hacked. People just need to chill, and realize not being able to play a game for a day isn't going to kill them. Thank God most people are sensible, unfortunately those aren't the people who frequent forums.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 05:05 PM   #5479
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

yea yea, but you know if this was on Steam you'd be playing BF3 right now, and it's not just another session of BF3, the damn expansion just came out, It's like the BF3 beta ended, and the real deal just got released. Obviously EA is more concerned about some startrek beta then paying customers. why even release these 2 things at the same time...
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 05:08 PM   #5480
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
How many years did it take for Steam to actually become a relatively stable platform? Seriously, let's not go into revisionist history here - they were full of bullshit for years and their their quality of service was hideous and the content delivery software was an unstable floating turd.

at least they got their act together. origin has been around for 5 years and it's still ****, so what's the excuse there?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 05:09 PM   #5481
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Well I can log into Origin now, just kept trying and it finally worked.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 05:18 PM   #5482
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

You can fix the maps, but you can't fix the players. This game's community is still as retarded as ever. Man, the players are bad.

People sprinting away from points being captured or already occupied by the enemy, people not paying attention to enemies clearly approaching on the radar, people leaving vehicles wide open for the enemy to grab, etc. This is easily the single worst community of gamers skill-wise I've seen in my life. Where do these people even come from?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:38 PM   #5483
stormy13
Radeon R600

stormy13 is still being judged by the masses

COD.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:42 PM   #5484
Mangler
PC

So, does anyone like the iron sights on the famas?

Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:57 PM   #5485
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

Steam was **** for the first year or two. Origin is 5 years old, has far less titles to support than steam does and still blows goats. Apparently the EA Reality Distortion Field is strong with this one.

Quote:
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:04 PM   #5486
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
Steam was **** for the first year or two. Origin is 5 years old, has far less titles to support than steam does and still blows goats. Apparently the EA Reality Distortion Field is strong with this one.
Origin is 5 years old?
Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:17 PM   #5487
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Origin isn't 5 years old but they have had different versions of the same thing, like EADM and EA Link. I guess the point here is the authentication servers would be the same regardless of what program they had.

It's a good problem to have for EA, too many connections, too much demand. Means they are getting more users than expected so business is booming.

Steam had qute a few problems early on too. Like most users on the internet though I like to rage over inconsequential stuff because internet drama is fun.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:22 PM   #5488
Alientank
Piss flaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX70 View Post
Origin is 5 years old?
From wiki:

"EA Downloader was launched in late 2005.[8] It was replaced by EA Link in November 2006, adding trailers, demos and special content to the content delivery service. In September 2007, it was once again replaced by the combination of EA Store and EA Download Manager.[9] Users purchase from the EA Store website and use the downloadable EADM client to download their games.[10] Games bought via EA Link was downloadable using the EA Download Manager.[11] The store and client was reopened under the Origin name on June 3, 2011. The constant changes in the software and branding is criticized for being hard to follow."

It's been re-named 5 million times, but it's Origin.

Quote:
Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:23 PM   #5489
Alientank
Piss flaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Origin isn't 5 years old but they have had different versions of the same thing, like EADM and EA Link.
No. Origin is EA link, etc. It's just a rename to make it sound like brand new not the same old **** software as before.

Quote:
Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:32 PM   #5490
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Renamed yes but you could never buy games within the client before. You could also never access friends or chat via an in game overly. It's not the same program.