Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:07 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Default Android Oreo Bloetooth Issues?

My S8 updates a few days ago to 8.0 and now I'm having some BT issues, phone will be recognized but sometimes won't make calls, audio is dropping, try to use Pandora in the car and it just says "connecting". If I start Pandora on the phone it will play, but no controls via head unit.

Worried the head unit may need a firmware update for Oreo that will never come.

Anyone else having problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2018, 05:39 AM   #2
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

I don't have Oreo but I can feel for your situation.

Updates that go 2 steps forward and 1 step back; and there is nothing one can do about it.

Can't revert back.

Sucks we are often at the mercy of manufactures whims.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 06:50 AM   #3
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I'm on 8.1 with a PH1 with no issues. IIRC any auto audio issues was something Google was looking into. I think it was a common issue. Yep...

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/iJeDphsoOJ4;context-place=topicsearchin/phone-by-google/authorid$3AAPn2wQeHMPYaPpq3PjDXbO5Q4qxBnvPmHE6qKuKb8ss1E1bkvI4rCqd695WwPnTmWnwjYd_U1_6F%7Csort:date% 7Cspell:false
edit: Link won't c&p right lol...need more coffeeeeeeee

wth - do a search for Bluetooth issues on Android 8.0 Oreo, google product forums....
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:42 PM   #4
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

don't have Oreo yet on my note 8

oh well turned off updates till they sort it out
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2018, 02:22 PM   #5
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I'm using Oreo on my S9+ and it's connecting to my 2018 4Runner just dandy. Guess I got lucky.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 09:14 AM   #6
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I don't have any issues on Oreo with my new truck, Bluetooth works great. I do have issues with Android Auto though, sometimes it loses connection and I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable, other times it'll lock up my whole phone, or the Google voice commands button will just stop working, and I have to reboot my phone. It's not all that often, but it's the only reason I have to reboot my phone.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 05:37 PM   #7
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I don't have any issues on Oreo with my new truck, Bluetooth works great. I do have issues with Android Auto though, sometimes it loses connection and I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable, other times it'll lock up my whole phone, or the Google voice commands button will just stop working, and I have to reboot my phone. It's not all that often, but it's the only reason I have to reboot my phone.
did you have it before the update ?

my 7+ was doing that 6 to 15 times a day with carplay was why I dropped the iphone

my note 8 has done it once in two months i'll wait and see if they fix it before upgrading
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2018, 09:22 AM   #8
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
did you have it before the update ?

my 7+ was doing that 6 to 15 times a day with carplay was why I dropped the iphone

my note 8 has done it once in two months i'll wait and see if they fix it before upgrading
No, I got my truck a month ago, have been on Oreo since the beta started several months ago.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2018, 03:45 PM   #9
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Well, something fixed itself. I noticed issues with the calls went away a few days later, but I had quite listening to Pandora b/c of lack of any controls.

Tried it on a whim yesterday morning and surprise...all the controls were back, works great. I am assuming there was an update to the Pandora app.

Patience is a virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2018, 08:04 PM   #10
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
Well, something fixed itself. I noticed issues with the calls went away a few days later, but I had quite listening to Pandora b/c of lack of any controls.

Tried it on a whim yesterday morning and surprise...all the controls were back, works great. I am assuming there was an update to the Pandora app.

Patience is a virtue?
Pandora had updated a couple weeks ago that fixed the problem, prior it had a problem with oreo.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote