Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 27, 2011, 05:37 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
never watched ios vids but i do watch a lot of gameplay vids with commentary or walktrhougs for pc or console games
Walkthroughs are another thing I was thinking of. Im going to do a trial run of maybe a walk through of Dead Space iOS. Thinking about commentary... but havent put much thought into it yet.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 07:38 PM   #92
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

BOOMSHAKALAKA

NBA Jam!
Needs no introduction.

This game has translated well form the consoles IMO. Video and screenshots below. I suspect this game would be even better on the iPad.

Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:13 AM   #93
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

NOVA2 is on sale for $0.99 today only. Pretty good graphics for a shooter, worth checking out imo.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 22, 2011, 04:48 PM   #94
logical
What is my purpose?

Tiny Wings

A cool little game sort of like solipskier but more simple and better IMO. Simple one button game where you just use the hills to gain momentum to get as far as you can before the night reaches you.

Old Feb 22, 2011, 04:53 PM   #95
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

So, if I haven't mentioned it yet, Dead Space is great, as is Real Racing 2, Dungeon Hunter 2, Mirror's Edge, Sentinel 3, Game Dev Story and galaxy on Fire 2.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:01 PM   #96
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

logical: how'd you take that gameplay vid?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:11 PM   #97
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Probably "screenrecorder" on cydia. Must have a jailbroken phone.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:18 PM   #98
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm playing Glass Tower 2. Nice game... It's free with 15 levels, and you can buy 75-level packs for $0.99 each.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)

Last edited by Djinn : Feb 24, 2011 at 08:04 AM.
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:23 PM   #99
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I use display recorder from cydia. None of these apps capture sounds simultaneously though. Also recording tends to be choppy cause the phone can only handle so much.

Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:12 PM   #100
logical
What is my purpose?

Fight Night Championship

Feels like a real boxing game... not that type of Punch Out Gameplay, but a small version of fight night round 4.

Old Mar 24, 2011, 02:03 AM   #101
logical
What is my purpose?

Land A Panda

Decent puzzle game with a cutesy look. You fire the panda out of cannons to get coins and to ultimately get to his girlfriend

Old Mar 25, 2011, 06:16 PM   #102
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I saw today there was a Witcher game released for the iPhone today. I haven't tried it on the iPad yet.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/25/ps...ing-on-iphone/

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery is supposed to be pretty cool.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/review...d-sworcery.ars

Quote:
There's a moment in Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP when you come up to a lake, with the moon reflected in the water, and one word appears on screen: believe. And you realize you can walk on water.
Sworcery is a game of moments: some as small as watching a deer hop into the bushes, others more revelatory and world-changing. But each one is powerful. It's an intimate game that makes you feel like it was created solely with you in mind. A point-and-click adventure that won't make you feel frustrated, with puzzles that often force you to simply poke around until you find the solution. It's leisurely at times, and heart-pounding at others. It's like nothing else you've played before.
The story is much like every other video game. You play as a lone adventurer on a quest to stop a powerful evil from consuming the land. The path you take is far from traditional, however. It's downright strange. Much of the appeal lies in the mystery, so we'll leave the details for you to explore on your own.
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2011, 05:24 AM   #103
logical
What is my purpose?

Death Rally

Remedy made this remake of the classic. You go around a track shooting the other cars and try not and get shot as well. Duke nukem is even in there.

Last edited by logical : Mar 31, 2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:23 PM   #104
H-Money
Radeon R700

H-Money is still being judged by the masses

totally digging Tiny Wings

and even though its expensive, FF3 is great
H-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:10 PM   #105
logical
What is my purpose?

Falling Fred

This one came out awhile ago, but its pretty cool for short bursts of gameplay. All you do is maneuver the guy away from obstacles while falling down a hole. Its kind of gory to the point where arms and legs get torn off and stuff, but its fun for awhile.

There are some good quality games on the horizon... getting ready for those.

Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:38 PM   #106
logical
What is my purpose?

I know this has been on the iPad for a long time, and basically every other platform on earth but its still fun and recently hit the iPhone... it also has a problem not displaying in retina which you can see in the pics.

World of Goo on the iPhone

Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:26 PM   #107
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Dungeon Raid, think of rogue+bejewled, but better and more fun than puzzle quest.
If you do try it, you will become addicted, I am not lying it is retardedly addictive

t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 05:54 PM   #108
logical
What is my purpose?

Woozzle

Another puzzle game where you have to put the right color marbles in the correct place. Sometimes you have to match designs as well. Sort of like trainyard but a little different.

Old Apr 21, 2011, 05:43 PM   #109
logical
What is my purpose?

Superbrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP

This game has been out on the iPad for awhile and has been getting rave reviews about it. I have been wanting to check it out since it came out on the iPad to see what all the talk is about... I had no clue what it was actually about the trailers for the game are ambiguous.

Anyway its a pixel art game with some good story telling and a nice soundtrack. Kind of like a simple adventure game with some sound elements tuned in. Im putting it in this thread not cause its the best game, but something different to play. Its a unique game.

Old May 30, 2011, 12:00 AM   #110
logical
What is my purpose?

Split Apple

Cool archery game.

Old Jun 1, 2011, 03:18 PM   #111
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

I just discovered "Anodia." Two clams.

To call it a "breakout game," like Arkanoid, would be accurate, but would fail to do it justice. Rather than limit targets to "blocks," you'll find yourself targeting trees, geometric pieces of a Moire pattern, hanging lamps, etc. Absolutely beautiful.

The worst part of breakout games, as we all know, is the time spent getting the "last block." No fear - apparently the developer hates that too. So he added a recharging ability to create a mini grav-field that attracts the ball to a point of your choosing.

The graphics and "feel" of the game make this a standout.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)

Last edited by Djinn : Jun 3, 2011 at 09:51 AM.
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 09:32 PM   #112
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Here are my latest favorite games:

Orions 2 (basically a card dueling game with MP support and a campaign)

Space Miner:Space ore Bust (think asteroids+rpg+story+collecting it won a couple of best 2010 game awards and is really great)

Mission Europa (FPS+RPG crazy amount of content and a system shock vibe)
Developed by one guy and I do believe one of the QA guys was pahncrd

other must play games have been mentioned already, but I really have to plug Dungeon Raid again because it is just that good

Dungeon raid (match 3/rpg/roguelike very addictive)
Old Jun 4, 2011, 03:19 PM   #113
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

X-Men Arcade came out the other day. $2.99
Old Jun 4, 2011, 03:21 PM   #114
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Here are my latest favorite games:

Orions 2 (basically a card dueling game with MP support and a campaign)

Space Miner:Space ore Bust (think asteroids+rpg+story+collecting it won a couple of best 2010 game awards and is really great)

Mission Europa (FPS+RPG crazy amount of content and a system shock vibe)
Developed by one guy and I do believe one of the QA guys was pahncrd

other must play games have been mentioned already, but I really have to plug Dungeon Raid again because it is just that good

Dungeon raid (match 3/rpg/roguelike very addictive)
Good to see some RPG type game suggestions from other people, I tend to stay away from RPG games.

Old Jun 4, 2011, 11:13 PM   #115
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Would've said Broken Sword: Director's Cut on iPhone, but screen's a little too small to enjoy the game at its fullest. Not really a major fan of games on smartphone, though Angry Birds + Plants and Zombies are ok I guess.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:01 PM   #116
logical
What is my purpose?

Havent added to this in awhile..

Anomaly Warzone Earth

There is a PC version, but I held out for the iOS version so I could have touch controls.

Old Aug 16, 2011, 03:22 PM   #117
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

3 of some of the Best new games in each genre:

RPG's

Companions: one of those old school rpg's that has you controlling 4 npc's has a tactical pause as well, kind of like icewind dale.

Pocket RPG: think twin stick shooter/diablo

Avadon: The Black Fortress: think old school rpg (baldurs gate) with absolutely nothing spared to make it a portable game.

ACTION

Deadlock: think top down counterstrike

Marathon: Bungies Marathon on ipad

Doom: just got a HD upgrade

PLATFORMER

Temple Run: think the funnest endless runner you have ever played meets indiana jones

1000 Heroz : what would hapen if the people (red lynx) who made trials decided to take that concept and turn it into a platformer with a new level every day for 1000 days and leaderboards for every day

Nyxquest: wii title on the iphone/ipad

Strategy

Ascension: Chronicles of the Godslayer: Deck Building card game with async multiplayer (Play 20 games at once) that is phenomenally polished and extremely fun.

Kard Kombat: another card game similar to magic the gathering has async multiplayer as well.

Anomaly:see the review above, great game.

Last edited by t0adp1p3 : Aug 16, 2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:30 PM   #118
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Zombie Gunship
It's pretty mindless but at $.99 it's fun.

Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:34 PM   #119
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:41 PM   #120
logical
What is my purpose?

Aww, I actually paid for it