Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Dec 28, 2018, 09:30 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Default Playstation 5 insanity

But its from a dev so...

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8..._campaign=ttcs

Quote:
During the Inter BEE 2018 (International Broadcast Equipment Exhibition) event in Tokyo a few weeks ago, Sony showed off some next-gen TV technology called CLEDIS. CLEDIS, or Crystal LED Display System was shown off rocking native 8K (7680x4320) at a huge 120Hz. This blows away native 8K panels like the Dell UP3218K that I use here in the GPU test lab for TweakTown as it only has a native 60Hz refresh rate, 8K at 120FPS though, that's some holy grail gaming right there.

Where the PS5 comes into the story is that the CLEDIS system was shown on a larger-than-lifve 440-inch screen with close to 180-degree viewing angles rocking the native 8K 120FPS output. What was shown on it? Well, Gran Turismo on a PlayStation console of some sort, with people obviously thinking it's the next-gen PS5. Why? Well, we have to rewind the clock a little for that.
Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8..._campaign=ttcs

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:38 PM   #2
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I'm all for PS5, since I just bought a PS4 Pro not long ago and am waving the Playstation flag as hard as the next guy.

But, to suggest it might actually support 8k resolution? Nonsense. It would be a complete and utter waste of time and resources. 8k resolution is completely pointless in anything except for VR right now or in the future unless everyone decides to sit 2-3ft from their 65" screens.

How about a more practical and believable 4k at 120Hz?

Last edited by OverclockN' : Dec 28, 2018 at 10:44 PM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:57 PM   #3
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Would be happy with a 4K 60 at this point in time.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:37 PM   #4
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

8k is even useless for vr, once we get the eye tracking inside the headset.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:43 PM   #5
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just some early nonsense in the console wars!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:14 AM   #6
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

8k 120 on a console

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 03:02 PM   #7
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
Such a tease.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 03:29 PM   #8
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Fck 4k, keep it 1080p and give me fantastic textures, shaders, geometry, draw distance, high frame rates, etc.

*What I mean is, prioritize things other than resolution first and then if people want to go 4k drop quality or frame rate in other areas like on PC (I know this may be hard to execute, esp due to marketing departments).

People think 4k is free.. it isn't, resolution comes at a cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.

Last edited by Progression : Apr 16, 2019 at 03:35 PM.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 03:56 PM   #9
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Crazy talk, it's time to let 1080P go. I'll argue you can't have what you want at 1080P. 4k gives you the option to have those clearer textures, and what's the point of having that massive draw distance if you can't make out what that blurry/misfigured object is in the distance?

We already get this in games right NOW. Not true 4k, but certainly higher resolution than 1080P. I can change the resolution and it's painfully obvious it's in 1080P. There is no reason the next generation of hardware shouldn't be 4k. Supporting 8k is just plain stupid from a hardware/performance level, but also from a point of diminishing returns. Unless people start playing from 100"+ size TV's.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 04:01 PM   #10
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

I too think native 4k is overrated (and too costly!); while I don't advocate for 1080P from frame start to finish, I believe in rendering at an intermediate resolution and temporally up-scaling to 4k.
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:26 PM   #11
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
I too think native 4k is overrated (and too costly!); while I don't advocate for 1080P from frame start to finish, I believe in rendering at an intermediate resolution and temporally up-scaling to 4k.
Agreed, I forgot to mention that, most upscaling solutions seem to be good enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 08:11 AM   #12
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progression View Post
Fck 4k, keep it 1080p and give me fantastic textures, shaders, geometry, draw distance, high frame rates, etc.

*What I mean is, prioritize things other than resolution first and then if people want to go 4k drop quality or frame rate in other areas like on PC (I know this may be hard to execute, esp due to marketing departments).

People think 4k is free.. it isn't, resolution comes at a cost.
I mostly agree with your take on this.

If Sony were smart and wanted to do the right thing, rather than just trying to always give the best visuals possible and to win the specs war, they would first and foremost make 1080p/60fps the standard required baseline for all games released on the PS5. Of course then with the option of higher resolutions with lower framerate. But if there's even one game on PS5 that runs 30fps at 1080p it will be a disgrace. We should be past that by now.

But they wont do this. They will tout "8K resolution for best graphics ever!!" as a marketing ploy. No one is asking for higher resolution than 4K. Do we really even need 4K gaming? I suppose people who game on 70" screens but that's not most people. Get the issues of 30fps out of the way first before higher res.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 02:33 PM   #13
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
But they wont do this. They will tout "8K resolution for best graphics ever!!" as a marketing ploy.
And it will launch rockets! Sony marketing will emphasize that the console is banned in North Korea, for all of our safety.

Seriously though, I remember the original PS3 features: 7 hdmi ports, & will play 15 hd streams simultaneously while also simulating a bathtub full of rubber ducks.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 18, 2019, 03:14 AM   #14
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Although I'm not much of a gamer anymore, I like how video games are progressing. Console loyalists can stick with PlayStation/Nintendo, and PC gamers can support the Xbox when the two platforms are merged as one (obviously Microsoft's ultimate goal). With news how the Xbox app can allow PC to directly stream games directly to your TV, this can only can better.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 04:41 AM   #15
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Consoles with a cpu that does not get demolished by something as old as a sandy bridge cpu will be nice.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 02:29 PM   #16
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Although I'm not much of a gamer anymore, I like how video games are progressing. Console loyalists can stick with PlayStation/Nintendo, and PC gamers can support the Xbox when the two platforms are merged as one (obviously Microsoft's ultimate goal). With news how the Xbox app can allow PC to directly stream games directly to your TV, this can only can better.
I would love to buy a new xbox that lets me play older pc games. UT2k4 with mouse & keyboard support!

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 18, 2019, 03:40 PM   #17
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

PlayStation 5: First details point to 8K graphics, faster performance, no release in 2019
USA TODAY Eli Blumenthal,USA TODAY Wed, Apr 17 6:00 AM PDT

Game enthusiasts and industry personnel visit Sony

Some of the first official details on Sony's highly anticipated next-generation PlayStation are finally coming out.

In a new interview with Wired, Mark Cerny, a lead system architect in Sony's PlayStation group, discussed the upcoming system. Among the highlights: The new console will support higher resolution 8K displays, load games faster thanks to a switch from mechanical hard drives to faster solid-state storage (also known as SSDs), and deliver an improved audio experience.

The new console will be powered by AMD's latest Ryzen processing and Radeon Navi graphics chips. In addition to 8K graphics, the Radeon GPU will also give the new PlayStation the ability to support ray tracing for more realistic light and shadows, which will result in much more accurate imagery in games.

AMD chips currently power the PlayStation 4. Sony also revealed that the PlayStation 5 will be backward compatible with PS4 games.

Cerny told the magazine that the current PlayStation VR virtual reality headset will work with the next system, which will also still accept physical media (though it is unclear if that will be Blu-ray discs like the PS3 and PS4 or something else).

The graphics, combined with support for 3D audio, should bring added realism and immersion to the presumed PlayStation 5 (Sony has yet to formally reveal a name for the next PlayStation, but it's largely expected to call it the PlayStation 5).

Change your ID: Sony now lets gamers change PSN usernames

Spring gaming: 'Mortal Kombat 11,' 'Final Fantasy XII' and more action video games of spring

In addition to the upgraded graphics power, the upcoming console's switch to SSD should provide immediate impact when it comes to loading and playing games.

In a demo done for the magazine, fast-traveling as Spider-Man in "Marvel's Spider-Man" for PlayStation 4 took 15 seconds on a PlayStation 4 Pro and just 0.8 seconds on an early "low-speed" development kit version of the next generation PlayStation.

We still don't know what the new system will look like, its price or when exactly it might be released.

While Wired notes it won't be "landing in stores anytime in 2019," the magazine does describe how Sony has been accelerating its distribution of development versions to game developers to help them ready their new games for the system.
-=-=-
lol I like how the writer jumps from supporting 8k screens to the units will drive 8k graphics. Not the same thing buddy.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 04:38 PM   #18
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

They need to stop with the 8k nonsense!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2019, 09:06 PM   #19
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

8K is coming.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote