Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Dec 2, 2019, 01:42 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Default make station wagons great again (2020 audi rs6 avant)

Old Dec 2, 2019, 03:20 PM   #2
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I wanted to like it, I really did. But I just can't get past that awful rear bumper and the immense weight of this thing. She's a bit...portly.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 03:23 PM   #3
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It'll never come to NA...

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 2, 2019, 03:25 PM   #4
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post

It'll never come to NA...
But...it IS available in NA. At least in the US anyway.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 03:38 PM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I wish the wagon version of the S3/RS3 was available here.

Different rear bumper and this RS6 would be pretty solid.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2019, 07:09 PM   #6
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
But...it IS available in NA. At least in the US anyway.
I'll have to look...

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2019, 08:31 PM   #7
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Noooo what did they do with that rear end. NOOO
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2019, 09:11 PM   #8
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I like it.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2019, 09:19 PM   #9
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

now if only it costed 50k less...

... i still wouldn't be able to afford it.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2019, 05:49 PM   #10
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Definitely would colour match that rear bumper moulding.

However, what is the appeal of a station? Especially with that weight penalty...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2019, 07:30 PM   #11
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
However, what is the appeal of a station?
the fact it's somewhat of a sleeper car. or at least they used to be more like 10-15 years ago. now they add so much it's pretty obviously not a regular station wagon.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 07:33 PM   #12
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Definitely would colour match that rear bumper moulding.

However, what is the appeal of a station? Especially with that weight penalty...
Room to put things in? Not sure what kind of question that is lol...
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2019, 07:55 PM   #13
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
the fact it's somewhat of a sleeper car.
I would say some of the original Audi Avants (early 2000's) could have been called sleepers since they didn't go crazy on the body and just stiffened the suspension and dropped in the big motors. However, the new RS lines from Audi have more aggressive fenders and aero bits all around. Definitely no longer sleeper looking cars even in Avant trim.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2019, 07:21 PM   #14
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Station wagons are stupid.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2019, 08:47 PM   #15
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Its very nice but not enough of a change of car from my RS7.
I'm holding out for the e-tron GT.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 09:10 PM   #16
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
I would say some of the original Audi Avants (early 2000's) could have been called sleepers since they didn't go crazy on the body and just stiffened the suspension and dropped in the big motors. However, the new RS lines from Audi have more aggressive fenders and aero bits all around. Definitely no longer sleeper looking cars even in Avant trim.
yeah for sure. mat watson recently reviewed the 2008 RS6 and it's SOO cool lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HA6SN6ysRs&
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:52 PM   #17
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
yeah for sure. mat watson recently reviewed the 2008 RS6 and it's SOO cool lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HA6SN6ysRs&
wow., i love the new audi station wagon but i always have a soft spot for sleepers. what a beast of a wagon that '08.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 04:43 PM   #18
Johnmcl7
Knowledge is Power

Johnmcl7 is still being judged by the masses

I'd love an E63 AMG estate for its ability to be one of the most spacious estates there is but capable of serious speed with that amazing engine noise. My favourite part of the F1 is the V8 Mercedes estate doing practice laps, it just looks and sounds wrong. I've never had a silly car before and a four year old E63 with the 5.5 V8 is a reasonable price these days which is tempting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTPaQHghgxw

"Every person has voices in their heads, whispered doubts and ambitions, dreams and nightmares. How much reality one gives them, how much you allow yourself to be controlled...that only you can decide"
Johnmcl7 is offline   Reply With Quote