Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:15 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Black Screen with HDMI in Windows 7

Just got 3 R9 290s installed in my main machine and they're all detected, went to install Catalyst and after reboot the screen goes black after the Windows loading screen. This appears to be an issue with HDMI and maybe EDID. Only pre-boot and safe mode environments give me any display. Has anyone found a fix for this that doesn't involve trying a million different drivers or switching to DVI?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:30 AM   #2
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Switch to display port?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 06:39 PM   #3
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I ended up going with Displayport on the machine which was giving me this issue, problem resolved. Also have a DVI cable for the other machine my 2 other 290's are going into.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad