Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Oct 30, 2008, 01:00 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
partydog

partydog is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation Help with Radeon X1650 pro

Hi to everyone! I replaced my hard drive and installed Windows XP Pro SP2 in it after my previous hard drive failed. I installed all Windows updates, and the newest ATI drivers and Catalyst Control Panel (ver. 8.10). After rebooting, the screen's refresh rate seemed slow so I opened Display advanced settings/properties and I noticed that under Adapter Information "<Not Available>" was displayed next to each and every one of the description items (Adapter Type, Chip Type, DAC Type, etc.). Also when Catalyst Control Panel tries to initiate it gives an error message stating that either no display drivers are installed or they are not functioning properly. I have tried reinstalling the drivers (after cleaning everything out first) and every tip or trick that I have found in different forums and still the same results! The card will not run on 3D mode and no games will load claiming no supported card was found.

The last thing I tried was to try changing the gart drivers or filter. It was listed as "Intel 82865 G/PE/P/GV82848P Processor to AGP Controller-2571", which is the latest version released by the mobo manufacturer and Intell as well. I changed the driver manually to "PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge" (one of the options given by Windows). After rebooting, the screen resolution had changed to the minimum at 4 bits color quality and it will not change from that, but, under Adapter Information it listed the card correctly including all its atributes, and even listed the card's ability to run dual displays! But it will not change to a higher resolution or color quality. I feel like I have exhausted all my options! And by the way, a different Hard Drive loaded with Windows Vista runs perfect in the same machine and the display card has no problems. Can someone please help me solve this problem!

The display card worked fine for over a year in the previous Windows installation and nothing has been replaced or changed other than the Hard Drive. My setup is the following: Abit AS8 mobo, 3.2 Ghz Pentium 4 800 Mhz FSB, HIS ATI X1650 Pro display card, 2 Gb DDR 400 memory, 300 Gb HD, 500 Watts power supply.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Blín D'ñero
HD7970 crossfire

Blín D'ñero is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
is wrong: you don't have a PCI card.
Also, Abit AS8 is AGP interface motherboard. Make sure in Bios AGP is graphic interface at boot, and set at 4x hardware acceleration (not 8x).

Have you installed Microsoft .Net Framework before installing the Catalyst suite?
Intel i7 2700K @ 4.8 Ghz | Zalman CPNS9900LED | Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z | 16 GB Corsair Dominator GT CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 DDR3 | 2 x (Sapphire) AMD Radeon HD7970 (crossfire) | Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro | Corsair AX 1200W | 4 x WDC WD1002FAEX | Optiarc AD 5240S | Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600 | Steelseries 7G | Razer Imperator 2012 | Coolermaster Stacker STC T01 | Logitech Z-5500 | Sennheiser HD598 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 |