Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Feb 28, 2008, 07:13 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
hostos

hostos is still being judged by the masses

Default ATI Radeon Sapphire X1650 Pro

Hi.
Just wanted to ask a question about my ATI X1650 Sapphire Pro.

My problem is my card wont let me connect 2 devices at the same time.
I have my monitor connected and am trying to use the S-Video with my HDTV to make them work at the same time.
To get the image in my HDTV I always have to restart my computer and disconnect the monitor and just leave the svideo for it to be able show up on my tv and control my pc just with the image on my tv.

Just wanted to mention my card has only 1 DVI (White socket) which I am using with the monitor, 1 Svideo, which I am trying to use with the TV and 1 Blue connector which I don't use.

Is there a way for me to have bot the Monitor and the TV connected at the same time as me being able to use the computer with my monitor and everything that im doing to show in my tv at the same time?

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by hostos : Feb 28, 2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:28 PM   #2
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

You would need a dual DVI port card as the DVI port and Svideo cant be used at the same time on those older model cards due to the 2nd ramdac being used for both DVI or Svideo. The first Ramdac is used just for the VGA port hence the need for a dual DVI card.