Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:16 PM   #3361
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

origins still showing as pre-release. Is it unlocking or not? I had it pre'ed at ebgames, but they have some stupid 'show up 30 minutes early' and wait in line until midnight thing and I decided to cancel and just grab it via origins.

Hitbox TV @ 720p http://www.hitbox.tv/deadofnightgaming

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:16 PM   #3362
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl66 View Post
Looks like it's officially released, I just passed the release date check.

Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:19 PM   #3363
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i think being too damn realistic is making it not as good a game so for.

although if i could just find a non laggy server... really getting sick of reloading the game every #$%#ing time i change server.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:25 PM   #3364
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Has anyone found out how to get the Steam in-game overlay to work? This method no longer works for me, whereas it did in the beta.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:27 PM   #3365
KAC
Menacing in Black

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Didn't they also allow you to chat in the browser facebook style...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:31 PM   #3366
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Has anyone found out how to get the Steam in-game overlay to work? This method no longer works for me, whereas it did in the beta.
It's working for me... I even took some screenshots with it, and had a few chat pop ups from friends while in-game.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:40 PM   #3367
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
It's working for me... I even took some screenshots with it, and had a few chat pop ups from friends while in-game.
I figured it out. I didn't have the in-game overlay enabled with Steam itself. Wow.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:02 AM   #3368
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

So what's the deal? I've just been kicked from the 5th random server I've joined. Find new random server, connect, play for 10 seconds, "You have been kicked from the server by an administrator."

"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:04 AM   #3369
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

i was just going through some unlocks on what was a damn good running server then suddenly i was booted and banned... wtf
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:07 AM   #3370
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
So what's the deal? I've just been kicked from the 5th random server I've joined. Find new random server, connect, play for 10 seconds, "You have been kicked from the server by an administrator."

STOP HACKING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:09 AM   #3371
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Kicked within the first 30 seconds on 3 more servers in a row now. Is something up that I'm not aware of?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:16 AM   #3372
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
STOP HACKING!
But I don't have enough time to hack!

I've gotta be doing something wrong, 2 more servers in a row. Only programs I have running is Origin, Steam, Spotify and Chrome. I'm not getting a high kill/death count, most of the time I'm only 10 seconds in and haven't done anything yet. Each time it's the same "You have been kicked by an administrator" message in Battlelog after I'm out of the game. The last 2 games were brand new matches on 2 different maps, Bazaar and Caspian, both with full tickets on each team.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:17 AM   #3373
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Just bought it, one hour to download.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:20 AM   #3374
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:

I've gotta be doing something wrong, 2 more servers in a row. Only programs I have running is Origin, Steam, Spotify and Chrome. I'm not getting a high kill/death count, most of the time I'm only 10 seconds in and haven't done anything yet. Each time it's the same "You have been kicked by an administrator" message in Battlelog after I'm out of the game. The last 2 games were brand new matches on 2 different maps, Bazaar and Caspian, both with full tickets on each team.

I feel your pain atm. I can't stay connected to a server right now either. I get a generic. You've been disconnected from server tho. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:27 AM   #3375
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

Subscriber

12 servers now. Without fail, every single time I try to play...

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:28 AM   #3376
Stoned Bob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Stoned Bob is still being judged by the masses

Getting this error when I try to start the game , beta worked fine(got cat 11.10 pre 3)

Last edited by Stoned Bob : Oct 25, 2011 at 12:41 AM.
Stoned Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:32 AM   #3377
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

If you have an nvidia 8/9/gtx2XX don´t even bother, it´s a stuttering festival. 40-60fps on medium settings good for nothing, just unplayable
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:35 AM   #3378
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukilla View Post
If you have an nvidia 8/9/gtx2XX don´t even bother, it´s a stuttering festival. 40-60fps on medium settings good for nothing, just unplayable
Have you disabled HBAO?
Quote:
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:38 AM   #3379
Chubz
Doomer

A DICE game completely FUBAR'd and almost unplayable on launch day? Whoda thunkit, right?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:39 AM   #3380
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
Have you disabled HBAO?
Yes, even without ssao same thing. Lowest settings boost fps but it never runs smoothly.
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:40 AM   #3381
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

Subscriber

Hmmmm... just kicked by an administrator on an empty server in Antarctica.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:47 AM   #3382
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once held a door open for a complete strangerpax once held a door open for a complete strangerpax once held a door open for a complete strangerpax once held a door open for a complete stranger

I think its ping kick. You're being auto kicked by a server setting that doesnt tolerate certain pings. In my case ping can fluctuate widely. I love the save your fav server lists ... had a couple in the beta. I can imagine it will take a while to find a series of playable servers for me... boondocks...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 17.9.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Asus 27" 1080p TN 1ms panel. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F20 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. XFX GTR BE RX 480 Cats 18.4.1. Chipset drivers: 18.10.0418. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 1 TB seagate 7200rpm. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:51 AM   #3383
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Hmmmm... just kicked by an administrator on an empty server in Antarctica.
those penguins and polar bears wanna enjoy a game too, noob.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:53 AM   #3384
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
I think its ping kick. You're being auto kicked by a server setting that doesnt tolerate certain pings. In my case ping can fluctuate widely. I love the save your fav server lists ... had a couple in the beta. I can imagine it will take a while to find a series of playable servers for me... boondocks...
Except my ping so far has been consistently between 60 - 100 on most every map. Even the Hypernia.com server I played on for an hour earlier with Dave & Evileh just booted me off after 20 seconds and my ping was only 48ms there.

I'm sincerely completely confused by this...

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:54 AM   #3385
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 once held a door open for a complete strangerMNB4800 once held a door open for a complete strangerMNB4800 once held a door open for a complete strangerMNB4800 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
wait... have some of you got the vpn trick to work when you've already been told the unlock date was the 25th?
It worked perfectly for me. My actual release date was 27th before the Official change. Still might have ended with 25th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
game. of. the. decade.

seriously this game is bad ass. been chilling with evileh in multiplayer for about 2 hours. amazing
I joined the platoon but I can't figure out how to join the same server as you guys. I tried clicking on one of you and then selecting server and joining that but ended in an empty server. What are the benefits of platoon anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
Does the game stutter when you run out of VRAM? Would 1.5gb be enough for ultra settings with at least 2aa @ 1600p? Not sure I want to get thIs if it means less then 60 fps or lowered settings.
I am running with 5870 1GB 900/1250 OC. At 1920x1200 I get 25-50 FPS with everything on Ultra except AA at 2x and Motion Blur at 25%.

Yes, Motion Blur % does impact FPS.

The game is amazingly playble at these settings though wonder if there is an Ultra setting that I can change to High without losing image quality and allows me to gain nice amount of FPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
so far its my biggest complaint about the game.

the **** was wrong with using an in game server browser?
I actually like the new browser. Though it does bug often like not giving proper server updates when hitting refresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Everyone keeps bitching about the chat window, but I really don't think it's that bad..
Same. I think it is fine though since the game is too bright outdoors, it makes it hard to see the chat window sometimes. Which is both good and bad.

Quote:

Maybe admins are kicking people who have high ping AND/OR are far from the server location regardless of ping. Hence they are so excited about the game that they would do anything to keep the servers from lagging/being unstable.

Just a thought. I fear I will get much more kicking than you if that is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
Just bought it, one hour to download.
Nice waiting for it to get to $29.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukilla View Post
Yes, even without ssao same thing. Lowest settings boost fps but it never runs smoothly.
As I mentioned earlier, I am using Cat 11.10 P3 and having no issues at all. Also worth to note that both CPU and GPU temperatures are really good with this game. I am impressed to be honest.

Also since I have been lots of Rage lately, I was feeling strange that I couldn't see texture streaming in this game. It was just weird!
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:16 AM   #3386
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
Nice waiting for it to get to $29.99
Sorry Mr.Poopydoozle, but I never, ever, ever, ever said I was waiting till it hit $29.99.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:17 AM   #3387
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once held a door open for a complete strangerpax once held a door open for a complete strangerpax once held a door open for a complete strangerpax once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Except my ping so far has been consistently between 60 - 100 on most every map. Even the Hypernia.com server I played on for an hour earlier with Dave & Evileh just booted me off after 20 seconds and my ping was only 48ms there.

I'm sincerely completely confused by this...
Dude do you think Origin DRM is detecting warez on your pc and disabling your game? Im not saying you have any EA warez installed it might be a false reading thats kicking in... heck I see i have still have the beta installed and I think I better get that out of there before I get my copy of the game tomorrow...

There was a tweet on DRM along with the modded server issue. But Im not sure what behavior Origin is suppose to have if it sees any 'illegal' EA games or having joined modded servers, likely without you knowing it on your rig...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 17.9.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Asus 27" 1080p TN 1ms panel. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F20 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. XFX GTR BE RX 480 Cats 18.4.1. Chipset drivers: 18.10.0418. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 1 TB seagate 7200rpm. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org

Last edited by pax : Oct 25, 2011 at 01:40 AM.
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:22 AM   #3388
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just wanted to post thanks Dave! Seems that unlocked mine fine, not actually played yet as doingit all via rdp atm but looking good.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:38 AM   #3389
andino
Radeon Caribbean Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Some people have their server set to auto kick if a ping level is too high. Some people are just arses.....

Also, I'm humming along. Found a good server and kicked arse for 3 hours.

No lag and no slow framerates with my 580...

The new rush games are great. I got so sick of Metro during the beta.

The only thing that went funky is that I had to drop my OC on my i7 to 4.6 because of heat. Well, 77C isn't really that high. Still though, it was warming up the room a bit.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 01:39 AM   #3390
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ego is offline   Reply With Quote