Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 27, 2019, 09:36 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Apple TV is terrible at the moment (IMO).

Would get Disney + but not out here yet.

Also Data Caps still exist? I think I had a data cap... 15 years ago? /shrug
Can you do a streaming friendly VPN like Nord and set it to US and then sign up?

Just a thought

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2019, 01:39 PM   #32
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2019, 05:13 PM   #33
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

That looks fantastic
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:57 PM   #34
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Old Jan 1, 2020, 06:12 PM   #35
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Jan 2, 2020, 04:46 PM   #36
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Apr 3, 2020, 12:31 PM   #37
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Onward, Pixar’s first original blockbuster in three years, is now on Disney Plus after hitting theaters on March 6.

But let’s pause for a second to just say: Wow, the movie business is not what it was a month ago.
https://www.polygon.com/disney-plus/...plus-streaming
Old Apr 3, 2020, 02:07 PM   #38
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

I have had the sub since it came out and constantly have trouble streaming movies. Shows seem to work just fine however movies, either start then stop and buffer indefinitely shortly after start, error out and require me to back out and hit play again or a new one last night was freeze then play super fast then freeze and then fast rinse and repeat. The odd thing is the issues are different based on the movie we are trying to watch. Mr. Boogedy for example would play for 20 seconds then buffer indefinitely, Frozen 2 just stopped playing twice and so on. I can move from one movie with a particular problem to another with a new problem and back to the original and the problem stays consistent based on what movie it is.

Again, I have 0 issues with shows and I am playing this on Gigabit internet.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2020, 02:47 PM   #39
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

No problems here... Movies or shows (and my daughter is basically constantly streaming something from there!).
Old Apr 3, 2020, 02:49 PM   #40
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
I have had the sub since it came out and constantly have trouble streaming movies. Shows seem to work just fine however movies, either start then stop and buffer indefinitely shortly after start, error out and require me to back out and hit play again or a new one last night was freeze then play super fast then freeze and then fast rinse and repeat. The odd thing is the issues are different based on the movie we are trying to watch. Mr. Boogedy for example would play for 20 seconds then buffer indefinitely, Frozen 2 just stopped playing twice and so on. I can move from one movie with a particular problem to another with a new problem and back to the original and the problem stays consistent based on what movie it is.

Again, I have 0 issues with shows and I am playing this on Gigabit internet.
I had a problem on my Vizio TV app but the Xbox One plays every thing smooth as a dream. If you have another device to try I would do that.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Old Apr 3, 2020, 04:45 PM   #41
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
I had a problem on my Vizio TV app but the Xbox One plays every thing smooth as a dream. If you have another device to try I would do that.
I've only tried on my LG E6. I guess I'll try the PS4 and see if that works better. Just thought it was odd that the issues are program specific.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2020, 05:18 PM   #42
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
I've only tried on my LG E6. I guess I'll try the PS4 and see if that works better. Just thought it was odd that the issues are program specific.
That is weird, because the underlying streaming technology is solid. I think it's based on MLB Tech. Which is the best there is.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2020, 05:31 PM   #43
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

They don't have an app for my DVD player so I only use the LG app on my TV (and the android app on tablets as well as my daughter does use the website directly on her Surface). We haven't had any issues with those devices.

If it's happening from all of your devices, it could be an ISP routing issue. I'm not sure where the content is physically coming from (and it might vary based on your location), but you could probably take a look at your router and see, then do some traceroutes to it.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 06:44 PM   #44
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

I never watched the animated "Clone Wars" series. The Covid lockdown has given me some time to binge and I love it! I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the Disney subscription. But, I find I use it a lot more than I thought.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2020, 07:20 PM   #45
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Mine works 99% of the time on all the devices I use.

However, for the first three days or so of things starting to lock down and people staying home...it was pretty bad. My connection was perfect, and every other service streamed fine, but Disney+ wouldn't stream at all or it would stop after 30sec or so.

Everything has been fine again after several days of that. I chalked it up to some issues with the service and so many people using it.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:52 AM   #46
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Watched Onward this weekend on my Vizio app after the TV update and it worked fine. Seems the first rollout of the app was buggy but the update fixed the bugs.

Old Apr 6, 2020, 01:34 PM   #47
Cyko
FCK TRMP

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Tried it on the new TV this weekend and it worked perfectly.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2020, 11:51 AM   #48
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default “Rise of Skywalker” Hits Disney+ On May 4th

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2020, 04:57 PM   #49
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I've been waiting for it to hit the redbox, but somehow Disney has kept it out of there. I can't believe I haven't seen it yet, but this will be a good cheap way to see it.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2020, 08:15 PM   #50
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I've been waiting for it to hit the redbox, but somehow Disney has kept it out of there. I can't believe I haven't seen it yet, but this will be a good cheap way to see it.
Forget Star Wars.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2020, 10:12 PM   #51
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Forget Star Wars.
It really is heart-breaking, that Disney screwed up Star Wars so badly with this trilogy. Ah well, at least we still have the prequel trilogy, amirite?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old May 28, 2020, 11:27 PM   #52
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Coming to Disney+ in June:

Friday, June 5
Alaska’s Grizzly Gauntlet (Season 1)
America’s Greatest Animals
Chasing the Equinox
Howie Mandel’s Animals Doing Things (Seasons 1–2)
Secrets of Wild India (Season 1)
The Greeks (Season 1)
Weird but True! (Seasons 1–2)
Wild Hawaii (Season 1)
Women of Impact: Changing the World
Be Our Chef (Episode 111—“The Spectacular”) (Season Finale)
Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian (Episode 106—“Visualization”)
Disney Family Sundays (Episode 131—“101 Dalmatians: Onesie”)
One Day at Disney (Episode 127—“George Montano: Plasterer”)
It’s A Dog’s Life with Bill Farmer (Episode 104—“Disaster Rescue Dogs & A Dog Mayor”)
Disney Insider (Episode 106: “Artemis Adventure, Taste of Disney, Runaway Railway”)

Friday, June 12
Mighty Med (Seasons 1–2)
The Liberty Story
The Story of the Animated Drawing
Walt & El Grupo
Artemis Fowl (Premiere)
Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian (Episode 107—“Score”)
Disney Family Sundays (Episode 132—“Winnie the Pooh: Bag Toss”)
One Day at Disney (Episode 128—“Scot Drake: Imagineering Creative”)
It’s A Dog’s Life with Bill Farmer (Episode 105—“The Surfing Corgi & Bee Dogs”)

Friday, June 19
101 Dalmatians (1997) (Season 1)
Big Sur: Wild California
Muppet Babies Play Date (Season 1)
Schoolhouse Rock (Season 1)
Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy
Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian (Episode 108—“Connections”) (Finale)
Disney Family Sundays (Episode 133—“Monsters, Inc. Water Bottles”)
One Day at Disney (Episode 129—“Candice Valdez: Radio Disney Host”)
It’s A Dog’s Life with Bill Farmer (Episode 106—“Stunt Dogs & Water Rescue Dogs”)

Friday, June 26
Avengers: Infinity War
Man in Space
Mars and Beyond
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Raven’s Home (Season 3)
Tarzan
Tarzan II
Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2 (Series Premiere)
Disney Family Sundays (Episode 134—“Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”)
One Day at Disney (Episode 130—“Marc Smith: Story Artist”)
It’s A Dog’s Life with Bill Farmer (Episode 107—“Detective Dogs & Truffle Hunting Dogs”)
Old May 28, 2020, 11:29 PM   #53
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Lineup looks crappy
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2020, 12:10 AM   #54
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah, it's definitely taking them too long to roll out top-quality exclusive content. They'll need to fix that if they want to stay competitive.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:11 AM   #55
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Dec 11, 2020, 10:12 AM   #56
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:26 AM   #57
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Some cool trailers. Disney will single handedly kill theaters.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2020, 12:59 PM   #58
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

If they can execute well on these, Disney is gonna kill it in the next couple years.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Dec 11, 2020, 01:20 PM   #59
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Their going to activision everything into the ground.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote