Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:21 PM   #2641
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
Hey 10fps is still 10fps

I mean it's basically a wake up from an explosion in slow motion and glitch into the bed simulator for me but I get a good 10 minutes out of it every patch.
In the latest patch, I get at least 24 FPS in Crusader, when the game is installed onto an SSD. If I install it to a spinner HDD, it will have a ton of drops to the single digits.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 02:00 PM   #2642
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Are we saying 24fps is acceptable here?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2018, 03:29 PM   #2643
Eisberg
Wilted, brown, and slimey

Eisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
It is playable for an alpha, as well as acceptable for an alpha.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 21, 2018, 03:38 PM   #2644
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbill dennison can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
ok

but not that it is still alpha after 6 years

when is this thing going beta ?????????

they have been saying alpha for 2+ years
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2018, 04:51 PM   #2645
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The game is 5 years away from the content they want to put in it.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2018, 08:18 PM   #2646
Eisberg

Eisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English ChannelEisberg once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
ok

but not that it is still alpha after 6 years

when is this thing going beta ?????????

they have been saying alpha for 2+ years
Yes, being in Alpha this long is a whole different matter.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 08:20 PM   #2647
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
lol nah man. Maybe for an internal version of the game 24fps is acceptable. But not something for public consumption.

Old Apr 21, 2018, 09:18 PM   #2648
Eisberg

Quote:
lol nah man. Maybe for an internal version of the game 24fps is acceptable. But not something for public consumption.
That would only increase the time in alpha if they tried. As is, seems like they spend to much time doing some optimizations that most likely would not normally be done if there was no public alpha.

Maybe they should stop doing alphas if people are going to expect alphas to not act like alphas.
Quote:
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:17 PM   #2649
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
That would only increase the time in alpha if they tried. As is, seems like they spend to much time doing some optimizations that most likely would not normally be done if there was no public alpha.

Maybe they should stop doing alphas if people are going to expect alphas to not act like alphas.

They should. Stop releasing ****, doing conventions, doing weekly **** and focus EVERYTHING on the game. I'm sure backers would appreciate a blackout if it meant they could get the game within a year.

Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:19 PM   #2650
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
They should. Stop releasing ****, doing conventions, doing weekly **** and focus EVERYTHING on the game. I'm sure backers would appreciate a blackout if it meant they could get the game within a year.
It's pre alpha since even their alpha JPEGs themselves aren't even anywhere near feature complete.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:28 PM   #2651
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
It is functional for testing some of the game mechanics and looking for bugs, but it is a real problem. It is one of my biggest points of frustration for where the game currently is; however, it is primarily a problem with the netcode for Crusader and isn't as bad in Arena Commander. If you are lucky and get into a relatively fresh instance, the frame rate can be as high as 50 FPS, which is pretty playable.

Supposedly, the next version of the netcode is targeted at fixing the multi-player frame rate issue.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 05:53 AM   #2652
Silent-Runner
simply indescribable

Silent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSilent-Runner has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Thumbs up

when the game gets released (in 2035) a lot of people will be very pi**ed....

I'm really curious how much money they'll have milked outta all the backers until then.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"If you must blink, do it now" Kubo

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:43 AM   #2653
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Edit:
Seriously, now even I think they are just cultists.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2018, 02:25 AM   #2654
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post

Edit:
Seriously, now even I think they are just cultists.

soon after that

Old Jun 9, 2018, 05:43 AM   #2655
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I was wondering when the latest batch of negative news would show up, you guise should be ASHAMED for the delay, don't act like the Chris.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2018, 08:19 PM   #2656
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Jun 12, 2018, 01:03 PM   #2657
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist is still being judged by the masses

How was it not clear from the get go that this would be an MMO?
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2018, 08:56 PM   #2658
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Every time i see or read something about this game, i lose hope on humanity ever becoming a space faring civilization, people wasting millions of dollars on a fantasy space game, when real space work is being starved by lack of funding, makes me mad, we dream about space travel and space industries but we don't fund the exact industries that, could make us achieve that in real life, we prefer to spend it on illusion and fantasy.

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:20 PM   #2659
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
Every time i see or read something about this game, i lose hope on humanity ever becoming a space faring civilization, people wasting millions of dollars on a fantasy space game, when real space work is being starved by lack of funding, makes me mad, we dream about space travel and space industries but we don't fund the exact industries that, could make us achieve that in real life, we prefer to spend it on illusion and fantasy.

man, we have people believing the earth is a flat disc shaped, that space is fake, other planets are CGIs, Antarctica is a wall of ice, entire Australia and it's people are fake CGIs.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:08 AM   #2660
Eisberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
To be fair:
I could put my $60 into some space program, and all that is going to to is probably pay for a few minutes of air for the super rich people going into space.

That 200 million could probably be put into some space program and all that is going to do is pay for the fuel for some super rich people to get into space.

Quote:
Old Jun 13, 2018, 07:51 AM   #2661
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:29 AM   #2662
logical
What is my purpose?

I didn't know CI main office was here in the LA area. Those doors are pretty cool though although super unnecessary.

Old Jun 13, 2018, 03:14 PM   #2663
Eisberg

That is really old news and really nit picky of you as well.
Quote:
Old Jun 14, 2018, 03:48 AM   #2664
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Damn, Scam Citizen looks pretty dope visually from the latest user vids that I've seen
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote