Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 10, 2006, 05:40 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default How do I increase Magicka?

My character (Cartman the Redguard ) is on lvl.4 and still only has 74 Magicka points. I've consistently increased Intelligence with each Level Up, but it doesn't help. Help!!!
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 05:45 PM   #2
SilentBunny
shinigami

SilentBunny is still being judged by the masses

cast more spells or make more potions so that you can get a +5 option to increase your intelligence faster everytime you level up
Old May 10, 2006, 07:41 PM   #3
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I can only increase Magicka if I get +5 Intelligence when I level up?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 11, 2006, 01:06 AM   #4
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi
I can only increase Magicka if I get +5 Intelligence when I level up?
No you can but you can increase magic faster by casting more spells to gain a +5 modifier.

Last edited by KAC : May 11, 2006 at 01:09 AM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 08:11 AM   #5
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

The point is here that he seem to have zero multipliers, which mean that magicka increase very little. If you want more magicka you shouldnt have picked a fighter race, but rather a breton or high elf with the mage/atronach and whatever the third magic sign is called.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 11:41 AM   #6
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

I've gotten modifiers for Intelligence, but they haven't added anything to the Magicka points.

dawdler, I'm guessing this is because I picked a Redgaurd. Am I right? Maybe Redguards aren't supposed to have more than 74 Magicka points? Or maybe they increase Magicka points so slowly that its not even really worth it to train their magic?
Old May 11, 2006, 12:07 PM   #7
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I created a custom class called "Powerup" and my magic increases very slowly also. Every time I only increase, Strength, Intelligence and Endurance. Thus far my character has been doing good. Just hit level 20 and the monsters have gotten a bit annoying...
Old May 11, 2006, 12:09 PM   #8
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

will monsters level up with you?

I'm planning to do all the side missions first and then when I'm really leveled up, start closing the other 15 gates.
Old May 11, 2006, 12:09 PM   #9
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

i don't think that should be correct. your class and birthsign should definitely take precedence over your race as far as character attributes are concerned. it is possible that a certain race could give less attributes, but a mage is a mage and his intelligence should be high.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 12:27 PM   #10
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I've gotten modifiers for Intelligence, but they haven't added anything to the Magicka points.

dawdler, I'm guessing this is because I picked a Redgaurd. Am I right? Maybe Redguards aren't supposed to have more than 74 Magicka points? Or maybe they increase Magicka points so slowly that its not even really worth it to train their magic?
I'd say no, its not worth it. I dont know the actual numbers but, but lets say you're a hardcore fighter. You aint going to go much higher than like 100 in magicka. But a mage race with a mage sign can reach 300+ due to multipliers (actuall numbers will vary alot due to items of course). The high elf and breton start the game with high amounts, in particular when using the Atronach sign.

The actual class here makes little difference to the attributes. The skills in mage schools just make the spells cost less, but even skilled peeps need alot of magicka to cast spells as higher level spell still cost quite a bit.

But then again I really prefer just bonking people in the head with a giant warhammer, so I'm not the most qualified person to suggest on magic

Last edited by dawdler : May 11, 2006 at 12:31 PM.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 12:39 PM   #11
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

I don't like warhammers, too slow. I was using the Blade Katana a lot but when I got to the "Caught in the Hunt" quest, I picked up a sword from one of the hunters and I love it.

I picked the Warrior birthsign and selected Assasin as a profession.
Old May 11, 2006, 12:43 PM   #12
SilentBunny
shinigami

SilentBunny is still being judged by the masses

monsters level with you to a certain extent.. i'm guessing every 10 levels you go, they level up, cos currently they're easier for me to kill now that i'm level 27 compared to when i was level 21 last week, even tho they were sorta easy when i was level 18 to 19 as well

if you want to play mage-only, you'll need to do alot of shopping for spells, staffs and be familiar with ingredients that make magicka boosting potions and i'd recommend boosting up your conjuration cos a lonely mage dont really stand much of a chance against a herd of minotaur lords
Old May 11, 2006, 01:37 PM   #13
KAC
KAC

Quote:
will monsters level up with you?

I'm planning to do all the side missions first and then when I'm really leveled up, start closing the other 15 gates.
Monsters level up with you to some extent. But thus far, what I have seen is that the monsters change as you level. As in there are newer stronger types and the old ones that you've been fighting all this time are still there with similar health points but they die quicker because of your now, more powerful, blade / magic etc.

Another thing to note is that there are not only 16 Oblivion gates. They respawn as you level up, so the higher the level, the more Oblivion gates you will notice spawning left and right. I recommend that you finish off the main quest first and then do the guild / side quests. I am at level 21 now and main quest is increasingly hard. I wish I could've gone back and completed it before the side quests, but what is done is done.

Anyways, get the Umbra sword and you can pretty much own anything. At Level 21 it does about 25 damage w/ soul trap (constant recharge ftw ) and I have used it exclusively for Oblivion gates. In all other places I use my glass longsword.

I am around 90+ Blade skill btw so maybe that is causing the increased damage ability too.