Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Feb 8, 2019, 01:47 PM   #631
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

BSOD who did the video runs an i7 and GTX 1080ti. So thereabouts.
I run a Ryzen 5 with a GTX 1080 (Non ti) and have no issues getting 60fps at 1080p. (After configuring my system as per BSOD's suggestions, per-configure I was getting like...15fps at 720).

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2019, 02:15 PM   #632
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I get 60fps locked at 4k on my 2080Ti / Core i7 8700

The high resolutions are provided by Resolutions graphics pack. It includes ultrawide options like 3440x1440 from what I recall
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 05:28 AM   #633
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Latest CEMU version has BOTW running at 4k at almost 100fps. You can even extend object draw distance, increase LOD, and use better shadows/lighting/reflections/water/ graphics packs.

Literally the best place to play Zelda: Breath of the Wild is on PC.

WOW, That looks great!
16GB Corsair DDR4 , SSD 850 evo /480gb SSD Vertex 2/ 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 9, 2019, 08:34 PM   #634
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I am a few versions back on cemu, any reason to update if I've been getting good performance anyways? Can't imagine playing this on my wii-u or switch (which I have both versions btw) anymore.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2019, 09:30 PM   #635
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

I'm trying this latest version at 4k and cant say I like the performance all that much. Frames are all over for me. from below 20 up to 60. Probably would need to go below the 4k mark.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2019, 04:26 AM   #636
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Dungeoncrawler once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I just updated to the latest cemu version. I have not played the game in many months but quickly became entranced once more . Did decide to disable item degradation.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 08:04 AM   #637
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I'm trying this latest version at 4k and cant say I like the performance all that much. Frames are all over for me. from below 20 up to 60. Probably would need to go below the 4k mark.

Did you enable FPS++? (Latest version)
And do the cou/GPU settings outlined by BSOD's cemu setup vidso?

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:10 PM   #638
Nascar24

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
Did you enable FPS++? (Latest version)
And do the cou/GPU settings outlined by BSOD's cemu setup vidso?
I did most of them. Not all of them such as the page file in windows. Yes updated the Graphics packs and turned on the FPS++.

Edit:I tried a brand new install just now and it appears to have helped the lows although it seems to stay in the low 30's most of the time, Better then the WiiU and at 4K I suppose.

Edit 2: Changing out to the shader cache that he was using got me into the 40's.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Feb 10, 2019 at 01:39 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 08:18 PM   #639
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I did most of them. Not all of them such as the page file in windows. Yes updated the Graphics packs and turned on the FPS++.

Edit:I tried a brand new install just now and it appears to have helped the lows although it seems to stay in the low 30's most of the time, Better then the WiiU and at 4K I suppose.

Edit 2: Changing out to the shader cache that he was using got me into the 40's.
Are you using triple core recompiler or dual core? Note that in the new CEMU versions, you have to go into FPS++ and set the frame rate to 30, 45, 60, etc..
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 09:08 PM   #640
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Are you using triple core recompiler or dual core? Note that in the new CEMU versions, you have to go into FPS++ and set the frame rate to 30, 45, 60, etc..
Yep, Still get no where close to 60FPS. Anywhere from 10fps to 47FPS. I am not running an 8700K so I suppose that could be it. only on a 6600K. FPS++ is set to 60FPS. Thought the low frames were gone but nope there are times it becomes a slide show for some reason.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:32 AM   #641
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

some people are reporting that after reinstalling c++ redistributable 2017 it eliminated some issues with performance.

Quote:
Old Feb 11, 2019, 08:42 AM   #642
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
some people are reporting that after reinstalling c++ redistributable 2017 it eliminated some issues with performance.
Will give that a try.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 08:51 AM   #643
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Quote:
Yep, Still get no where close to 60FPS. Anywhere from 10fps to 47FPS. I am not running an 8700K so I suppose that could be it. only on a 6600K. FPS++ is set to 60FPS. Thought the low frames were gone but nope there are times it becomes a slide show for some reason.
I have heard that CPU makes a big difference, whats you're 1080p FPS like?
(I'm on a Ryzen 5 1600x overclocked to 3.8ghz and a gtx180 (non ti) and I can hold a steady 60fps at 1080p)

Quote:
Old Feb 11, 2019, 08:55 AM   #644
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
I have heard that CPU makes a big difference, whats you're 1080p FPS like?
(I'm on a Ryzen 5 1600x overclocked to 3.8ghz and a gtx180 (non ti) and I can hold a steady 60fps at 1080p)
I will have to try and give that a try as well, I took it down to 1440 and it looked like crap on my 4k screen so I didn't see it as an option. But performance still seemed not good. I thought a new install might fix the often bad performance but it doesn't seem to be the case.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 09:18 AM   #645
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

There's likely a bottleneck somewhere. You should be running this game at 60fps or close to it at 4k with newest CEMU version. CEMU might be running an extension that exists in hardware on 7th gens and later, but emulated on your 6th gen CPU. Assuming that's the case you might be able to disable that extension or change the CPU timings better suited for a 6600. Even though you have Intel you might try to look up his videos on getting CEMU to run at best performance on AMD CPU's.

My suggestion would be to reach out to BSOD directly. He has a linked discord chat you can join, there's also others on there who would probably know what's going on and how to fix it.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:18 PM   #646
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I will have to try and give that a try as well, I took it down to 1440 and it looked like crap on my 4k screen so I didn't see it as an option. But performance still seemed not good. I thought a new install might fix the often bad performance but it doesn't seem to be the case.
Sounds like you dont have cemuhook installed

https://cemuhook.sshnuke.net/

Go there and download the latest version for 1.15.2

Drop the DLL files in the root of your cemu folder (where the exe is located)
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 08:08 PM   #647
Nascar24

I give up! There is definitely something not right somewhere as running at 1080P only improves frames by about 5fps. I've tried everything from the guide to make it run good. the Hook was already there.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 02:12 AM   #648
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I give up! There is definitely something not right somewhere as running at 1080P only improves frames by about 5fps. I've tried everything from the guide to make it run good. the Hook was already there.
Try turning off threaded optimization in the nvidia control panel. Also is your cemu installed on a root directory (recommended)? If not some people report performance loss.

Quote:
Old Feb 12, 2019, 07:10 AM   #649
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
You've downloaded the shader cache right?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 07:53 AM   #650
Nascar24

Quote:
Try turning off threaded optimization in the nvidia control panel. Also is your cemu installed on a root directory (recommended)? If not some people report performance loss.
Yep on the root of C:\ now that I installed it a second time. its an NVME drive as well. Can try the Nvidia control panel thing. Its strange it just doesn't appear that my system likes cemu, I don't have any other performance issues with games.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 07:54 AM   #651
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
You've downloaded the shader cache right?
Yep, tried an old cache and then used the Bsod cache.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 08:14 AM   #652
Omega53
Rage veteran

Quote:
Yep, tried an old cache and then used the Bsod cache.
at 1080p with shadows and lod at high I get 80-120 fps average with a 9700k and 2080 ti
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:02 AM   #653
Nascar24

Quote:
at 1080p with shadows and lod at high I get 80-120 fps average with a 9700k and 2080 ti
Could just be my 6600K, everyone that I see running it well is running top the line CPU/GPU.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:27 AM   #654
Omega53
Rage veteran

Quote:
Could just be my 6600K, everyone that I see running it well is running top the line CPU/GPU.
My CPU stays pegged at ~100% when running the game. Your CPU is definitely the issue. Time to upgrade
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:51 AM   #655
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

5820k(hex core) enough to run it? Or should I not even waste my time?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:31 AM   #656
Omega53
Rage veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
5820k(hex core) enough to run it? Or should I not even waste my time?
As long as it is OC'd you should be good to go. 6 cores is really the minimum to run BOTW at 60fps
Old Feb 12, 2019, 01:46 PM   #657
Nascar24

Quote:
My CPU stays pegged at ~100% when running the game. Your CPU is definitely the issue. Time to upgrade
I think that's the problem, Only 4 cores as well, Don't think I will buy just for BOTW since I already finished playing it on the WiiU and all my PC games work fine on my current setup.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 02:20 PM   #658
Omega53
Rage veteran

Quote:
I think that's the problem, Only 4 cores as well, Don't think I will buy just for BOTW since I already finished playing it on the WiiU and all my PC games work fine on my current setup.
PC games are getting more and more multithreaded. Honestly in the next year 4 cores might not cut it for future games.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 01:27 AM   #659
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

I played it on my 6700k system prior to updating my pc. At that time I was running a 1080ti and don't remember any performance issues once I viewed a couple youtube guides about optimizations.

Quote:
Old Feb 13, 2019, 07:43 AM   #660
Omega53
Rage veteran

Quote:
I played it on my 6700k system prior to updating my pc. At that time I was running a 1080ti and don't remember any performance issues once I viewed a couple youtube guides about optimizations.
Those 4 extra "cores" from hyperthreading make a huge difference in performance.