Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 9, 2015, 08:47 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default The Official Fall 2015 Apple Event Thread

Obviously iPhone 6S/6S+ w/ iOS 9 on tap. OS X "El Capitan" should get a mention.

Rumors of a new Apple TV.

Rumors of the iPad Pro w/ optional stylus and keyboard.

Starts 12pm CST.

Last edited by Razeus : Sep 9, 2015 at 11:24 AM.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:39 AM   #2
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

This is the first apple keynote that I'll be going into completely blind. I didn't even know it was happening until Monday. (I've been away from my tech blogs for a bit).

Honestly, still loving my LG G3, and plan to use it for quite a while more. Once I add Qi charging to it, it will have everything I want in a phone.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:21 PM   #3
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

iPad pro with smart keyboard, looks like they are finally going after the surface.

lol Apple pencil too

Last edited by logical : Sep 9, 2015 at 12:32 PM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:32 PM   #4
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
iPad pro with smart keyboard, looks like they are finally going after the surface.
Don't forget the all new Ipencil!

Wonder if new ipad pro comes with free safari refresh every 2/3 tabs like on my air 2.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:32 PM   #5
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Mostly worthless unless they give it more storage and enough power to run professional apps. You know...like the Surface. A great fer-instance, photographers and artist.

Shoot, office staff too need things a little more fully featured. Really it would need to run OSX rather than iOS

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:33 PM   #6
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:

lol Apple pencil too
Looks like Microsoft was ready as they have contracted with Dell and HP to begin selling the Surface Pro's to their enterprise clients.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:36 PM   #7
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Nice to see Apple and Microsoft working together. I'm loving MS's new CEO.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:37 PM   #8
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Steve jobs is spinning in his grave so fast that we should be using his spin for a perpetual energy generator.

clerick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:40 PM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It's a shame they're not taking on the Surface Pro with a full OS.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:41 PM   #10
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
Steve jobs is spinning in his grave so fast that we should be using his spin for a perpetual energy generator.

That was years ago. Apple knows they need to change, update, adapt. The know the Surface Pro was a threat. They've seen what happened to Blackberry.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:42 PM   #11
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

lazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete stranger

IPAD Pro = IOS = not so pro..
lazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:48 PM   #12
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Oh, Apple. Jesus ****ing Christ.

Quote:
Price: $799 for the 32GB model. $949 for 128GB. $1,079 with 128GB and LTE. The Pencil is $99 and the Smart Keyboard is $169. Arrives in November.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:49 PM   #13
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

$99 for the apple pencil are you f kidding me?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:49 PM   #14
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

169 for the keyboard lmao GTFO

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:52 PM   #15
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So, it there some actual tech in that pen or are they really charging $99 for a normal stylus?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:52 PM   #16
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

THe ipad pro looks awesome!

Im expecting a astronomical price on it!

Edit: YEAP from $799
LOL! no way I am paying that

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:52 PM   #17
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

https://twitter.com/alexiskleinman/s...68071103561729

I ****ing knew someone would bitch about this the second it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
So, it there some actual tech in that pen or are they really charging $99 for a normal stylus?
No it's garbage. Wacom stlyses don't need to be charged and use induction. In fact apples stylus is far shittier because it requires charging.
clerick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:56 PM   #18
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

APPLE TV WITH APP STORE!! TAKE MY SOUL!!

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:57 PM   #19
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
It's a shame they're not taking on the Surface Pro with a full OS.
At least they could do is give up the file system.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:59 PM   #20
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
At least they could do is give up the file system.
The worst part about the iPad Pro is that it'll be a success. The pricing is ridiculous (especially for the accessories) yet it'll fly off shelves, while the Surface Pro is STILL a superior device. People are ****ed up.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:02 PM   #21
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
The worst part about the iPad Pro is that it'll be a success. The pricing is ridiculous (especially for the accessories) yet it'll fly off shelves, while the Surface Pro is STILL a superior device. People are ****ed up.
I predict most of the sales going to their enterprise relationship they've got going with IBM. I'm sure many Apple users wanted a Surface Pro, but refuse to buy it because Windows.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:05 PM   #22
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Apple (Tim Cook) really needs a hit. He still hasn't released anything that didn't come from Jobs, other than the Apple Watch. But since he flat out side he wasn't going to have time to review numbers and sales, how well the Watch is doing (or not) got skipped. How convenient.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:09 PM   #23
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Looks like Apple is finally taking TV seriously. tvOS announced. Sometimes I wonder what the hell Apple does all day besides design iPhones. Especially after Google Photos launched version 1 and did WAYYYY more out of the box than Apple Photos did and makes you do all the work yourself.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:10 PM   #24
Elysian
SCAATSJW

It's pretty weird they're doing all this iPad stuff... Isn't that stuff normally for the Spring event?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:12 PM   #25
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
It's pretty weird they're doing all this iPad stuff... Isn't that stuff normally for the Spring event?

Usually. But this event was for the Pro. The iPad Air 2 (or any other iPad) wasn't updated. Christmas 'n ****, y'know?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:13 PM   #26
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

I hope they have been working on Siri ALOT. She never works this well in real life. She's like my 3 year old - understands everything I say, yet leaves me doing the work myself.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:13 PM   #27
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Usually. But this event was for the Pro. The iPad Air 2 (or any other iPad) wasn't updated. Christmas 'n ****, y'know?
http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/09/a...4-price-specs/

Looks like it's still 1024x768
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:15 PM   #28
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Ya. I posted this in Macrumors. Apple really doesn't give a **** about the Mini's. They must assume people are buying these for their little kids. They pulled this same **** last year. I want a Mini, but I want it the power of the Air 2. ****ing Christ Apple.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:16 PM   #29
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
What?
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2015, 01:18 PM   #30
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
What?
I don't mind that spec. It's the price for that spec that's absurd. Frankly, they have too many iPad products.