Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 9, 2013, 01:51 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default The Office Apple 2013 Event Thread

For tomorrow's event, post your thoughts and rants here. Keep it clean.

On tap - pretty much everything since Apple hasn't released ANY products this year so far:

iPhone 5S
iPhone 5C
iPad version 5
iPad mini with Retina
iOS 7
Apple TV update with more app channels
Mac OS X Mavericks
iTunes Radio
iPods
perhaps new Macbook Pro's with Haswell
perhaps new iMac slims with Haswell

I'm expecting more of the same old same old and plan on keeping my iPad version 4, plus I'm with the Samsung S4 until Apple makes a proper large screen phone.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 02:38 PM   #2
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
For tomorrow's event, post your thoughts and rants here. Keep it clean.

On tap - pretty much everything since Apple hasn't released ANY products this year so far:

iPhone 5S
iPhone 5C
iPad version 5
iPad mini with Retina
iOS 7
Apple TV update with more app channels
Mac OS X Mavericks
iTunes Radio
iPods
perhaps new Macbook Pro's with Haswell
perhaps new iMac slims with Haswell

I'm expecting more of the same old same old and plan on keeping my iPad version 4, plus I'm with the Samsung S4 until Apple makes a proper large screen phone.
iPhone 5B (BaBling) - Gold/champagne 128Gb
iPhone 5S (super/sporty) 32/64gb
iPhone 5C (cheap) 8/16gb

iOS 7 - osxish version of Windows 8
Old Sep 9, 2013, 03:13 PM   #3
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I want to get a new iphone but the leaked specs are not promising. If is a minor bump like the 4S then i might wait for a note3.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 9, 2013, 03:56 PM   #4
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

What about iWatch?

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 05:17 PM   #5
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

My only thing would be if there is a new iPad Mini or some crap like that. Otherwise, I am pretty much set on buying a Note 3 for myself.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 06:28 PM   #6
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Old Sep 9, 2013, 06:35 PM   #7
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Not interested in any iphone since they will be cheap models and not a new design on the top end model.

Interested in iPad mini retina.

Thats all.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 06:42 PM   #8
train2win
Radeon Southern Islands

train2win is still being judged by the masses

NOTE 3 will have 4k video recording afaik....that's just insanity. Love Apple but I am not upgrading my 4s until I see a bigger screen, even if it's only a slight one. I want my e-peen to grow just a wee bit.
train2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 06:48 PM   #9
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

HAL10000 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Not interested in any iphone since they will be cheap models and not a new design on the top end model.

Thats all.
Interested in that too.

The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
HAL10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 06:51 PM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post

Thats all.
That's honestly the only thing that I'd possibly be interested in, since I do need a new tablet.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 09:49 PM   #11
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by train2win View Post
NOTE 3 will have 4k video recording afaik....that's just insanity. Love Apple but I am not upgrading my 4s until I see a bigger screen, even if it's only a slight one. I want my e-peen to grow just a wee bit.
Yeah id upgrade my 4S in a instant if they had a larger screen like 4.8 or 4.7.

Wont happen til next year, most likely.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:19 PM   #12
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i love to see ipad mini 2 with better cpu gpu, + HD stcreen
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 07:31 AM   #13
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I understand Apple using a fingerprint sensor as you need something to get people to upgrade. That said I feel it's just another gimmick like face unlock or the various Samsung gimmicks.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:52 AM   #14
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
I understand Apple using a fingerprint sensor as you need something to get people to upgrade. That said I feel it's just another gimmick like face unlock or the various Samsung gimmicks.
If it actually works I think it's an amazing feature.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:04 AM   #15
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

just a way for the FBI & NSA to get everyones fingerprints
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:23 AM   #16
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

the atrix had a fingerprint sensor, never used it though

only thing that could be potentially interesting is a retina ipad mini with better specs
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:55 AM   #17
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

My laptop has a fingerprint reader. Works pretty well. I still don't use it.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:55 AM   #18
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
the atrix had a fingerprint sensor, never used it though

only thing that could be potentially interesting is a retina ipad mini with better specs
If the iPhone one is as rumored then it's going to be integrated in the home button, making using it very easy. Intuitive really.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:07 PM   #19
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

what irks me about it is that if they do it they will market it as the first ones to use a fingerprint scanner in a device and sue every laptop and phone manufacturer that used it before them

also it will be magical and revolutionary, it will change the way we unlock our screens forever
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:08 PM   #20
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

So is there a livestream link to this thing?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:18 PM   #21
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
My laptop has a fingerprint reader. Works pretty well. I still don't use it.
I've been using mine for 6 years straight. Screw passwords.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:38 PM   #22
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I've been using mine for 6 years straight. Screw passwords.
I have mine setup, perhaps it's just the habit of immediately putting my hands on the keyboard that's preventing me from using it more.

If Apple puts it on the home button, it will be pretty slick. I'm not sure how feasible that is, though. We will see.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:49 PM   #23
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Wouldn't be enough to bring me back to using iPhones, but maybe we'll see it catch on elsewhere...

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:53 PM   #24
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Wouldn't be enough to bring me back to using iPhones, but maybe we'll see it catch on elsewhere...
Until they overhaul their OS, I'm on Android.

Apple's hardware announcements do interest me, though, since they tend to show where the industry is going.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:59 PM   #25
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

any live stream?
doesnt say anything on apples site as they always have....

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 01:07 PM   #26
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Can't find any video streams, only live feeds.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/10/liv...-announcement/
Old Sep 10, 2013, 01:15 PM   #27
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

What I'm expecting/hoping:

- I'd like to see iOS7 actually have more functionality.

- 16gb iPhone 5C starts at $399 (a guess)

- iPad Mini Retina (While staying at $329)
Old Sep 10, 2013, 01:19 PM   #28
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

I didn't realize my 4th gen iPod Touch won't be able to get iOS7. I guess it can't handle the colors.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 01:20 PM   #29
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
any live stream? .
http://live.theverge.com/apple-iphone-5s-liveblog/
MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 01:23 PM   #30
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Not having a live feed, with video, is completely dumbfounding... hate all of these vlogers talkn about the pics that are being posted from the event. WTF...
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote