Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 18, 2012, 03:25 PM   #3121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
OMG this game is like crack. I beat normal mode with my demon hunter this morning, working on nightmare now.
How was the gear drops for you?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 03:48 PM   #3122
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Drops are much better in nightmare. A ton of yellows.
Old May 18, 2012, 03:48 PM   #3123
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Game is amazing. Cant wait for tomorrow. Having a Diablo 3 lan party.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 18, 2012, 03:50 PM   #3124
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiak View Post
My barb is only 16 in normal and I'm almost in full yellows

Now that I've said that I probably won't get a single one again. DAMN YOU JINX!

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 03:59 PM   #3125
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
How was the gear drops for you?
Not that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiak View Post
I dunno, I'm noticing less magic items overall and less drops overall. Tons more money though, as well as blacksmith and jewelers papers.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 04:02 PM   #3126
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Runs and looks awesome in 3D
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 04:03 PM   #3127
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

lvl 13 barb still haven't finished act 1 lol!
btw has anybody already beat inferno yet?
Old May 18, 2012, 04:41 PM   #3128
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaBlo666 View Post
lvl 13 barb still haven't finished act 1 lol!
btw has anybody already beat inferno yet?
me too; lvl 12 and just finished off the Skeleton King.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old May 18, 2012, 04:53 PM   #3129
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
me too; lvl 12 and just finished off the Skeleton King.
My friend and I just beat the Skeleton King in Nightmare
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 04:55 PM   #3130
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Not that great.

I dunno, I'm noticing less magic items overall and less drops overall. Tons more money though, as well as blacksmith and jewelers papers.
Running solo or in a party? I've noticed a huge uptick in rares with a full party.
Old May 18, 2012, 05:03 PM   #3131
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
but not in the primary weapon slot
When I come across some +int on a weapons, I'll watch my resistances when I equip the item.

I don't see why it would matter where the +int comes from, it should add up all the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 05:05 PM   #3132
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

Was going to sleep but decided to have another session. Changed my DH build, grinded A2 solo hell to Belial but didn't get past p3. Atm I am lvl56 21.7khp and 6211dmg, max bs/jc, but I haven't bought the other stash tabs. I am trying to keep around 400-500kgold free for AH purchasing.

Interesting fact, DH was in none of the comps for many world firsts. A great class, but has room for a lot of fines and timing. Once he is decked out in lvl60 I'll probably put all my efforts into hardcore mode. For now I am thinking a monk is the best bet for HC, but it's too early to decide.

4 people groups are definitely the hardest, the ideal size for efficiency imo is 2. Soloing is really viable too if you keep up with your gear/gems and gear your Templar. The downside is, there's definitely a lack/feel of community in D3. It's more "private". There's no way in hell I would let anyone join my games making champions harder and having someone be retarded and forcing me to compensate. In D2, I wouldn't give a **** who joined because I'd still rape a game filled with 8 people.
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD

Last edited by Jaws of Life : May 18, 2012 at 05:07 PM.
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 05:12 PM   #3133
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post

I don't see why it would matter where the +int comes from, it should add up all the same.
because it's the primary weapon slot?

you said +int will be useful later, but you need that slot for higher dps weapons. you can't use the primary weapon as a stat stick and increased resistance isn't going to mean squat if you try and enter nightmare or higher difficulties with a 38dps weapon equipped. heck i changed my weapon before finishing normal. this weapon is useless beyond normal, so the +int on it is also useless.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 05:15 PM   #3134
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

How many of you are using Darker D3?
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 05:26 PM   #3135
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynaldo View Post
I tried it but it I lost 10FPS and it didn't look all that great (just the sharpnesss option).

I'm getting much better results from forcing Catalyst AA (as opposed to the in-game MSAA) - sharpness and FPS is great!
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 06:14 PM   #3136
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Isn't using DarkD3 a bannable offense?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 06:31 PM   #3137
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynaldo View Post
I am but only the sharpness option and I toned it down by about half, was too sharp at default.
Old May 18, 2012, 06:36 PM   #3138
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sorry if I missed this, but what is the Black Rock Ledger for? I've got one page sitting in my bank that dropped in Act I Normal.
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 06:47 PM   #3139
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

lol @ people using darkd3 or darker d3 whatever they're called. Mods = ban coming. Too late to remove it to, it'll be flagged as a modification to the game. When they run Rust Storm as they did with Warden in D2, your account will be perma-banned. Enjoy paying another $60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 06:51 PM   #3140
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Guys its not a mod, ive been using something similar for WoW for years now, have not been banned, its no different than having fraps overlay on top of a game or evga precision x on screen display. It's harmless, it modifies nothing. Personally people shouldn't even be asking them for permission, it breaks none of their rules, its not a cheat, it modifies nothing, its none of their business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Isn't using DarkD3 a bannable offense?
"TOS against mods is so we can ban cheaters. I agree DarkD3 is not a cheat...yet. As long as it is not a cheat, no ban is likely."

https://twitter.com/Angryrobotics/st...26183740686336

Last edited by Tork64 : May 18, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 07:03 PM   #3141
PowerK
Gamer

PowerK is still being judged by the masses

Started playing Diablo 3 yesterday. One of a guy in my Battle.net friend list joined my game. (never invited him. And I thought I was playing in single player mode). Don't remember who the hell that was either... Been too long since I plated WoW last

Then, some list of quests that I didn't even start or even seen appeared/flashed in a row saying completed.

Is there anyway to stop people joining the game when I want to play solo ? Or is this game always open in that you can always join (or be join) friends ?
PowerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 07:11 PM   #3142
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerK View Post
Is there anyway to stop people joining the game when I want to play solo ? Or is this game always open in that you can always join (or be join) friends ?
In the options screen (when logged in), under 'social' there is a tick-box for 'allow quick join'. Just 'un-tick' it and I think it requires your permission from then on.

Quote:

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : May 18, 2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old May 18, 2012, 07:25 PM   #3143
PowerK
Gamer

PowerK is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
In the options screen (when logged in), under 'social' there is a tick-box for 'allow quick join'. Just 'un-tick' it and I think it requires your permission from then on.
Thanks!
PowerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 08:12 PM   #3144
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerK View Post
Thanks!
welcome mate.

Quote:
Old May 18, 2012, 08:16 PM   #3145
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

Hope everyone knows about elective mode by now. Just a head's up if you don't.
Old May 18, 2012, 08:22 PM   #3146
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I am enjoying the game, and I'm happy that the environments are nice and dark with good music to match. The combat as monk has been quite fun, my fav thing to do at this point is to use the cyclone skill to suck everybody in and then do a chuck norris roundhouse kick to kill light enemies at once. It's a little weird that sword and axe weapons impact on your fist skill damage but I guess it allows for greater customization.

Not liking the lag in solo though, had a few brief moments of lag in most of the gaming sessions I've played. Usually just means that there is no response, attacks don't follow through and the game catches up after a few seconds. I find it unpleasant that I need to expect that I'm going to have these moments every so often when I am playing solo. To me that is the worst part of the always online thing.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 08:22 PM   #3147
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Argh, screw you all! When will my copy arrive .

Patience running out... *twitches*
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 08:46 PM   #3148
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Has anyone taken a look at some of the Legendary armor in the game guide on Diablo3.com?
Pretty sweet stuff even though they have only listed some 6-7 items out of a total 226.

And Blizz has said this time around Legendaries will actually reflect how their icon looks and not just be a generic look like it was in D2.
Characters with these rare armors are gonna look amazing .
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 09:10 PM   #3149
monkeydust
Radeon Arctic Islands

monkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete strangermonkeydust once held a door open for a complete stranger

What are you guys doing with your rare items you can't use? Vendor, salvage, AH? I salvaged one and was surprised I didn't get anything special (just a tooth like I had gotten with blues).
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX case
Dell 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD
Windows 8.1 64-bit
monkeydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2012, 09:23 PM   #3150
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks like the general consensus about upgrading the blacksmith is that it's a waste of money. I've spent about 100k gold on upgrading him so far and he's never been useful. Can only make crap items, and the occasional decent item might be too high level for you, but by the time you reach the level it's crap again. And the random stats on the uber items later on can result in you making an item with stats not beneficial to your class.

I'm seeing people on other forums saying to just ignore him and use the AH if you need equipment - but I think I'm still gonna keep upgrading him just with less priority than previously.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote