Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 12, 2008, 09:46 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MaulSidious
Radeon R300

MaulSidious is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
has any game from blizzard sucked?
Yes Wow.
Akasa powerplus 650w PSU
2 gigs ddr 400
Dell 3007wfp-hc :)
Windows Vista Ultimate x64
MaulSidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 10:44 PM   #272
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If WoW sucked it wouldnt have all the amount of people playing it.
Dont confuse opinion with fact.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 11:10 PM   #273
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
If the Backstreet Boys sucked they wouldn't have sold so many copies.
If slavery was a bad idea it wouldn't have been around so long.

His statement was obviously his opinion. There are no "facts" when it comes to anything subjective.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:22 AM   #274
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiak View Post

His statement was obviously his opinion. There are no "facts" when it comes to anything subjective.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:37 AM   #275
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Potting in pvp = the noes.
Exactly, along with other rules of etiquette like no pre-buffing.

If blizzard are going to introduce a "consent" form of attacking at least make it on a pure pvp mode and not universal.

The only people who attacked other players in pvm co-op were pkers screwing around.

I also hope, they still maintain fast paced leveling but not so much like d2. With a clan, you could get to level 80 in about 2 hours. That is just retarded, and having a leveling 70-80 character was considered "no big deal".
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:57 PM   #276
Rambozo
Making Hit Documentaries

Rambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete strangerRambozo once held a door open for a complete stranger

I loved the Diablo games. And I dig the whole action rpg genre. But I don't know that I like the art direction. I do wish they would stick more faithfully to the style of the other Diablo games, moody and dark. This looks like it has more of the WOW look. And I don't dig the art direction of WOW.

Not my fault, I voted Ron Paul.

Not my fault, I voted Badnarik.
Rambozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:44 AM   #277
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

I'd hold off judgment till we see the rest of the areas. It could just be that particular area is more vibrant.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 02:57 AM   #278
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

I am happy about the loot drop system change.

Nothing was more frustrating as a ranged character doing the most damage on hell Baal [just an example], and having some chump move in and grab the loot. The "mad dash" was just annoying. People lagging, or being blocked by tank characters and missing out [even though they put just as much effort] is stupid.

Sure you could do solo mf runs but the new system will make it better for co-op.

The idea of having unique items drop for each character, and for only them to see is fantastic. It makes co-op a lot better and it will improve the trading scene.

I just really hope the difficulty is scaled better in Diablo 3. Diablo 2, with the right crew you can easily hit level 80 in around 2 hours. There was no excitement that something was difficult to defeat - excluding ubers of course.

Last edited by Jaws of Life : Aug 4, 2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 06:42 AM   #279
ReiaH
Rage3d Tool

ReiaH is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws of Life View Post

Nothing was more frustrating as a ranged character doing the most damage on hell Baal [just an example], and having some chump move in and grab the loot. The "mad dash" was just annoying. People lagging, or being blocked by tank characters and missing out [even though they put just as much effort] is stupid.

Sure you could do solo mf runs but the new system will make it better for co-op.

The idea of having unique items drop for each character, and for only them to see is fantastic. It makes co-op a lot better and it will improve the trading scene.

I just really hope the difficulty is scaled better in Diablo 3. Diablo 2, with the right crew you can easily hit level 80 in around 2 hours. There was no excitement that something was difficult to defeat - excluding ubers of course.
lvl 80 in 2hrs? took me about 3 months
Old Aug 4, 2008, 09:34 AM   #280
Blundaar
SPOON!

Blundaar is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws of Life View Post

HGL also does this. In fact, it looks like D3 looked at HGL a lot to see what it wanted to do (and not want to do), in my opinion.
Blundaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 05:53 PM   #281
sebazve
Rage3D Veteran

sebazve is still being judged by the masses

blizzard response to those fan-altered screenshots

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...-turns-tables/

lol @ "wow gayness" pic
sebazve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 06:07 PM   #282
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Well i'm sure there are areas which are dark and moody in the game anyway, but i don't get why the fans want the whole game dark and moody.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:01 PM   #283
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
Well i'm sure there are areas which are dark and moody in the game anyway, but i don't get why the fans want the whole game dark and moody.
So Wilson's answer to almost all the pictures are one of two thing, basically "We wouldn't be able to do it graphically" and, "If it's dark none of the characters would stand out against the color pallette" , I'm paraphrasing.

Did he seriously think this is what everyone wanted the game to exactly look like, no, the point was to show them an example of the color palette and design style people wished it looked like.

He totally missed the whole point, and was just sidestepping the real issue. I agree with them, if Diablo looked like those SSs exactly, I wouldn't like it, I want color in the animations and spells, and I want each character to stand out from each other, including each monster. He didn't understand his customer base atall. He's a jackass IMO.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:06 PM   #284
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yeah got to agree with you, these were the only two things he had against the screens, i don't really think he had a valid reason for the bright colors and all that.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:57 PM   #285
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

I don't mind the new color palletteqzxwmlrf (and at first I didn't think it was that different but after playing Diablo 2 recently I'm an idiot) but I did mind the fact that when I watched the gameplay video I lost track of the characters.

They are hard to see in the new colorful Diablo.
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:04 PM   #286
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
not to mention the part where they think they know better than blizzard as to how the game should be.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 02:30 AM   #287
Dr Gonzo
The Evil Creampuff

Dr Gonzo is still being judged by the masses

There's one thing i can't help but notice with all these photoshopped screens. They've taken a game that has a rich colour palette (arguably rare these days with the brown filters) and made it...brown. All they've done is de-saturate it to make it brown and made it slightly darker. I LOVE the new look, good to see a game dare to have colour.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 05:59 AM   #288
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Dragex is still being judged by the masses

Blizzard are entirely correct on their arguments against the fan-made pictures. Read carefully what he says and the design decisions behind it.

Fallout3, Mirror's Edge, HL2:Ep2, Braid, CoD4, Crysis WH.

Upcoming games I'm going to play:

FF7 PSOneEmulator, FarCry2, NWN2, BioShockPc, Finish Assassin's Creed,
SW:Force Unleashed, Trine, The Witcher, Finish Doom3.
Dragex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2008, 06:41 AM   #289
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Quote:

Agreed, after just because a child finds something fun does not mean an adult will find the same thing fun. It does not make it less fun for the child or more fun for the adult.

#SapphireNation
Crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:58 AM   #290
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiaH View Post
lvl 80 in 2hrs? took me about 3 months
Takes me around 2-3 days on average to hit level 90. Clans can do it much faster, and yes I do think it's retarded. Diablo 2 is supposed to be fast paced, but leveling is pretty much diluted.

Here is how I powerlevel:

-----------------------

Normal
1-4 Blood Moor kills + q1 completion.
5-15 Trist runs
15-20 Tomb runs
20-24 Cow Runs
25 Ancients
25-45 Baal runs

Nightmare
**Get rushed to Baal**
45-75 Baal runs

Hell
**Get rushed to Baal**
75-90 Baal Runs [Very slow 85+]
90+ You've only got mega slow hell baal runs or ubers if you're rich.

-------------------------

I just hope diablo 3 doesn't have it this easy, and place some actual good difficulty scaling for large parties. D2 is just a chore now, you're just a humanoid leveling or doing mf runs.

People with good gear, will just bot 90+, also another retarded aspect - though without them there's barely any hell baal runs.

Last edited by Jaws of Life : Aug 7, 2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 05:20 PM   #291
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I also heard that Diablo 3 will have rainbows. lol.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2008, 05:26 PM   #292
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Diablo III Art Director to Change, Art Direction to Stay

The Blizzard Entertainment Employment Opportunities Website now lists Art Director for Diablo III as an open position , which causes recent controversy over the game's art direction (story) to come to mind. IncGamers has a follow-up statement from Blizzard indicating that this was not based on fan complaints about the art direction, and that the new art director will continue along the same path:
Old Aug 7, 2008, 06:46 PM   #293
Dr Gonzo
The Evil Creampuff

Dr Gonzo is still being judged by the masses

Jeez, these "fans" should stop being whinging bitches and be happy that they're getting a new Diablo FFS.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:21 AM   #294
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Well I just found out [news for me] that Blizzard have changed their minds and are going to add gender choices for each class. Good move.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 11:26 AM   #295
ShylockHolmes
Banned

ShylockHolmes is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumilsingh View Post
As far as art-style is concerned, TF2 is the breakthrough of the decade.
Nah, Tron 2.0 came out this decade.
ShylockHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:18 PM   #296
Drift3r
Radeon R600

Drift3r is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Except success in the gaming world and in the MMO genre is measure by number of sales and subscriptions retained. His opinion of not liking wow is his to keep but the billions generated by WoW accounts and box sales is more then enough proof of the success of WoW as a gaming product. Thus WoW did not fail at all and is not an example of failure by standards of the gaming industry. In fact if you were to ask anyone in the MMO business they would agree that WoW is a tremendously successful product. A failure in the MMO world would be something like Auto Assault.

Last edited by Drift3r : Aug 13, 2008 at 12:21 PM.
Drift3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 06:11 PM   #297
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift3r View Post
Except success in the gaming world and in the MMO genre is measure by number of sales and subscriptions retained. His opinion of not liking wow is his to keep but the billions generated by WoW accounts and box sales is more then enough proof of the success of WoW as a gaming product. Thus WoW did not fail at all and is not an example of failure by standards of the gaming industry. In fact if you were to ask anyone in the MMO business they would agree that WoW is a tremendously successful product. A failure in the MMO world would be something like Auto Assault.
First off, you can stop attempting to put words in other people's mouths. No one said anything about WoW "failing". To use the argument that since a lot of people play it means it's a good game is ridiculously idiotic at best. A lot of people play a lot of ****ty games, just as a lot of people listen to very ****ty music.

Secondly, you babbled on about "measuring success" but how exactly do you think success is measured in music? The same way as games, by sales and revenue. My original point still stands.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 06:33 PM   #298
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Dragex is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift3r View Post
But then you fail at semantics as well. The original quote was "If wow sucked it wouldn't have sold as well".

No one mentioned anything about economical success. Everyone was talking about the quality of the game, which is in a certain way subjective thus your argument doesn't apply to Zodiak.

Fallout3, Mirror's Edge, HL2:Ep2, Braid, CoD4, Crysis WH.

Upcoming games I'm going to play:

FF7 PSOneEmulator, FarCry2, NWN2, BioShockPc, Finish Assassin's Creed,
SW:Force Unleashed, Trine, The Witcher, Finish Doom3.
Dragex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 09:31 PM   #299
ShylockHolmes
Banned

ShylockHolmes is still being judged by the masses

I hope D3 is closer to Diablo than D2. I loved Diablo, but barely got 1/4 of the way through D2 before I couldn't stomache it anymore.

I even had satanic nightmares after playing Diablo, fantastic. No other game in history ever gave me nightmares. Must've been the satanic chants and babies crying in the distance, one of the best dungeon crawls of all time!
ShylockHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2008, 10:55 PM   #300
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Jeez, these "fans" should stop being whinging bitches and be happy that they're getting a new Diablo FFS.
As one of those "fans" you describe, honestly, you can shove it up your ass. Whether I like the art style or not, is subjective, and I think you should shut your face.

And no, I won't stop "whinging"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShylockHolmes View Post
I hope D3 is closer to Diablo than D2. I loved Diablo, but barely got 1/4 of the way through D2 before I couldn't stomache it anymore.

I even had satanic nightmares after playing Diablo, fantastic. No other game in history ever gave me nightmares. Must've been the satanic chants and babies crying in the distance, one of the best dungeon crawls of all time!
The first alone in the dark gave me nightmares, of course I was like 9. Either way, I agree, the first diablo seemed more intense.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote